Author Topic: Civil rights activist Cornel West resigns from Harvard  (Read 241 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Civil rights activist Cornel West resigns from Harvard
« on: July 13, 2021, 08:24:11 pm »
Civil rights activist Cornel West resigns from Harvard

https://nypost.com/2021/07/13/decay-and-decline-cornel-west-resigns-from-harvard/

Famed civil rights activist Cornel West announced he is leaving his post at Harvard University’s Divinity School in a scathing resignation letter — accusing the institution of “spiritual rot” and describing it as in a state of “decay and decline.”

In a letter shared to Twitter on Monday night, the professor of African American studies said he had taken an untenured position four years ago with the hope that he could “still end his career with some semblance of intellectual intensity and personal respect.”

“How wrong I was! With a few glorious and glaring exceptions, the shadow of Jim Crow was cast in its new glittering form expressed in the language of superficial diversity,” wrote West, 68.

I'd consider being impressed if he had protested Harvard's anti-Asian admissions racism.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Civil rights activist Cornel West resigns from Harvard
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 08:48:49 pm »
He "claims" one reason he was not givin his "10 year" was he supports an anti-Israeli position in regards to Palestine.   I find this hard to swallow.  C'mon man ,The Barnyard they call Harvard might as well be run by Hamas. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 10:44:47 pm »
Why should Harvard University be more immune to predjudice, racism, and injustice than any other institution?

Has Harvard University received a dispensation from Critical Race Theory?

Poor Harvard University victimized by its own politcally correct nonsense.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 11:06:20 pm »
He "claims" one reason he was not givin his "10 year" was he supports an anti-Israeli position in regards to Palestine.   I find this hard to swallow.  C'mon man ,The Barnyard they call Harvard might as well be run by Hamas.
I thought that BDS* crap was official doctrine at Harvard and its worthless divinity school.

*Defined by wikipedia, "The Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement (BDS) is a Palestinian -led movement promoting boycotts, divestments, and economic sanctions against Israel."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org