Author Topic: MN: Police chief demands apology from Democrat state rep who made false accusation of racial profili  (Read 1250 times)

Offline mountaineer

Police chief demands apology from Democrat state rep who made false accusation of racial profiling
Todd Axtell, the St. Paul Chief of Police, is now demanding an apologize from Rep. John Thompson (D-MN), after Thompson allegedly made a false accusation against his police department.
July 10, 2021
James Anthony
Post Millennial
Todd Axtell, the St. Paul Chief of Police, is now demanding an apologize from Rep. John Thompson (D-MN), after Thompson allegedly made a false accusation against his police department.

It appears that Rep. Thompson was indeed driving with no front plates, and he even later admitted as much, which would definitely give the police a valid motive to detain him apart from his race. ...

Thompson said... "We're still getting 'driving while Black' tickets in this state and in fact in St. Paul. So let's just call it what it is, right...I shouldn't have to be profiled, so this is ridiculous. Oh, and by the way, it was a sergeant here in St. Paul by the way. We promote bad behavior." ...

... The controversy surrounding Rep. Thompson has risen to a new level, however, as, according to the Twin Cities Pioneer Press, he appears to have presented a drivers license issued by neighboring Wisconsin.  ...
Lied about being racially profiled, check.
Doesn't even live in the state he represents, check.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Doesn't even live in the state he represents, check.

While possible, another explanation could be that he didn't get a MN license when he moved to MN. Or he might have done so, but retained and still carries his WI license. Whatever the explanation, presenting a WI license to the officer should entail consequences of some sort.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am not in favor of these types of stops.  They are "fishing expeditions".  No front plate and a few other reasons are not a safety hazard but allow a cop to look for "something".   Case in point.  Back when the wife was working 10 hour days she would leave the house at 4:30 am. That morn she was in one of our new sports cars. Driving thru Southlake a cop lights her up.  When he got to the car and stopped at the window He saw the wife and looked surprised, and didn't say anything for a few seconds and then started mumbling something. We figure he was expecting to see some young kid, maybe drunk or high heading back to his crib not a well dressed woman on her way to work.  Finally he told her our License plate light was out and to have it fixed if she was going to be driving when it was dark. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

While possible, another explanation could be that he didn't get a MN license when he moved to MN. Or he might have done so, but retained and still carries his WI license. Whatever the explanation, presenting a WI license to the officer should entail consequences of some sort.

:silly: Yeah, it's complicated. :silly:

JOHN THOMPSON SPEAKS, SORT OF

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/07/john-thompson-speaks-sort-of.php

DFL state representative John Thompson is a bully, thug, liar, and race hustler supreme. He made a name for himself threatening to burn down Hugo, Minnesota, in a threatening diatribe outside the home of then Minneapolis police union president Bob Kroll last summer. As a result of his good works, he was elected to the legislature in November 2020 from St. Paul’s East Side.

Thompson has held a Wisconsin driver’s license ever since he moved to Minnesota, assuming he moved to Minnesota. He has held a Wisconsin driver’s license since 2000. Indeed, he renewed it in November 2020, around the same time he was elected to the legislature. To obtain his Wisconsin license he swore he was a Wisconsin resident. Further, he was obligated to secure a Minnesota driver’s license within 60 days of moving to Minnesota.

In the early morning hours of July 4 Thompson was stopped by a St. Paul police sergeant because his car lacked a license plate on the front. He displayed his Wisconsin driver’s license while the officer found that Thompson’s driving privileges in Minnesota were under revocation as a result of a failed child support obligation (subsequently remedied).

I take it that Thompson was ineligible to drive with a Minnesota driver’s license and may have been ineligible to drive in the state, period. Assuming he is a Minnesota resident, Thompson had obtained his Wisconsin driver’s license under false pretenses.

In simple terms, Thompson lives a racist race-baiting scofflaw lifestyle.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Hoodat

He has held a Wisconsin driver’s license since 2000. Indeed, he renewed it in November 2020, around the same time he was elected to the legislature.

I would like to know his reasoning behind this.  Either he was too lazy to stand in line to get a Minnesota license, or there was something he feared about registering in Minnesota.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline PeteS in CA

Back when mammoths walked the land and school cafeterias were still cooking frozen dinoburger patties ... when I moved to Arizona I had to surrender my California DL when I got my Arizona DL. Then when I moved back to California that process was reversed. So I do not understand how Thompson retained his Wisconsin DL when he got his Minnesota DL (driving privileges which were revoked until he got back up to date in child support payments), other than by lying, claiming he had no other state's DL (perjury?).

Offline Kamaji

Back when mammoths walked the land and school cafeterias were still cooking frozen dinoburger patties ... when I moved to Arizona I had to surrender my California DL when I got my Arizona DL. Then when I moved back to California that process was reversed. So I do not understand how Thompson retained his Wisconsin DL when he got his Minnesota DL (driving privileges which were revoked until he got back up to date in child support payments), other than by lying, claiming he had no other state's DL (perjury?).

He may not have had a MN DL.  It appears that he was in arrears in child support payments, and the court may simply have issued an order stating that his driving privileges within the state were suspended - in other words, he could not drive within the State of Minnesota period, regardless of what state's DL he held.

He probably kept his WI DL instead of switching to a MN DL so he could play games with his child support obligations and not have his actual drivers license suspended.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 04:26:21 pm by Kamaji »

Offline Hoodat

He may not have had a MN DL.  It appears that he was in arrears in child support payments, and the court may simply have issued an order stating that his driving privileges within the state were suspended - in other words, he could not drive within the State of Minnesota period, regardless of what state's DL he held.

He probably kept his WI DL instead of switching to a MN DL so he could play games with his child support obligations and not have his actual drivers license suspended.

Driving on a suspended license is far far worse than driving with no license at all.

(Don't ask me how I know)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Driving on a suspended license is far far worse than driving with no license at all.

(Don't ask me how I know)

Yes, but there is also a difference between a driver's license, and driving privileges.

One has to be licensed at all in order to drive legally.  However, since one can have a DL from one state and still legally drive in another state, one's privilege to drive in a particular state is not coterminous with one having a DL issued by that state.  Conversely, even if one's issued DL, from say State A, is still in good standing in State A, one's privilege to drive on the roads of State B may still be suspended by State B, acting under its own laws and its own power to determine who is permitted to drive on its own roads.

One of the rationales for the commercial drivers license ("CDL"), which is issued on a state-by-state basis, but under the aegis of federal law, was that prior to the CDL rules there were certain truck drivers who would get licenses from numerous different states and would rack up fines and penalties on one license until it was suspended by the issuing state, at which point they would start driving on another license, which was still in good standing.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 06:00:16 pm by Kamaji »

Offline PeteS in CA

In addition to his DL-residency legal issues:

Minnesota vice: DFL abandons activist state rep after failing due diligence

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/07/19/minnesota-vice-dfl-abandons-activist-state-rep-after-failing-due-diligence-n403065

What a disaster — and an avoidable one at that. The last we heard from Minnesota state representative John Thompson, he launched a feud between the police and his DFL party while running for his first term in August. That took place shortly after Thompson led a profane protest at the home of Minneapolis Police union president Bob Kroll, threatening to burn the city of Hugo down and shouting “F*** Hugo!”

For some reason, the DFL stuck with Thompson without doing anything to vet him more thoroughly before the election. Now Minnesota Democrats want Thompson gone after an embarrassing traffic stop revealed a pattern of domestic abuse — which a basic background check might have uncovered months ago:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 05:36:01 pm by PeteS in CA »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I would like to know his reasoning behind this.  Either he was too lazy to stand in line to get a Minnesota license, or there was something he feared about registering in Minnesota.

In the thread about the cop-cam video, the officer told the race-baiter that his MN Driver License had been suspended.  He did have a MN License before, or it could not have been suspended.  He should have been cited for "Driving on a Suspended License."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"For some reason, the DFL stuck with Thompson without doing anything to vet him more thoroughly before the election."

DFL = democrat-farmer-labor
or...
Just another euphemism for "democrat-communist party"....

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In the thread about the cop-cam video, the officer told the race-baiter that his MN Driver License had been suspended.  He did have a MN License before, or it could not have been suspended.  He should have been cited for "Driving on a Suspended License."

He got a WI DL because he was behind on his Child support payments and they suspended his MN DL. His ex and her crotch critters live in MN The guy is scum.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 10:55:15 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.