Author Topic: Dean of Ethnic Studies hoped Clarence Thomas ‘dies early, like many black men do,’ but who cares, re  (Read 186 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dean of Ethnic Studies hoped Clarence Thomas ‘dies early, like many black men do,’ but who cares, really?
June 28, 2021 | Bryan Kirk |

Dr. Julianne Malveaux, who is poised to become the first-ever dean of Ethnic Studies at Cal State University in Los Angeles, is learning that her words can indeed come back to haunt her.

During a 1994 appearance on PBS, Malveaux expressed her disdain for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas by publicly wishing for his death.

“I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter, and he dies early, like many black men do, of heart disease,” she said at the time.

It took Malveaux nearly 20 years to walk back her death-by-breakfast comments aimed at the now 73-year-old conservative black justice, and take into account the damaging results from such flippant and irresponsible comments.

In the wake of the Gabrielle Giffords shooting, in 2011, Malveaux, who was president of Bennett College for Women in Greensboro, North Carolina, penned a blog post about the power of hate speech and used the forum to address her own actions, and express regret for the reckless comments aimed at Thomas.

“It has taken me nearly two decades and an attempted assassination to understand the damage that my wisecrack might have caused, not to Justice Thomas, but to the public discourse. I hope it won’t take our nation two more decades to understand and embrace the notion of speech civility, even for, no, especially for, political opponents,” Malveaux said in 2011. “Every day, and in every way, I tell my students, faculty, and staff that I value civility. Yet, my comment about Clarence Thomas was not only uncivil, it was ugly and unnecessary. And it really wasn’t that funny. I regret it. I apologize for it. I wish I could take it back.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/06/28/ethnic-studies-dean-regrets-publicly-hoping-clarence-thomas-dies-early-like-many-black-men-do-1095426/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34