Author Topic: ‘Jeb is Heartbroken’: Bush Inner Circle Responds to George P. Bush’s Trumpian Campaign Launch  (Read 2228 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 ‘Jeb is Heartbroken’: Bush Inner Circle Responds to George P. Bush’s Trumpian Campaign Launch
Sarah Rumpf 1 day ago

The recent campaign launch by a Bush family scion has upended their longstanding unity, causing heartbreak behind the scenes and even a rare public rebuke from a longtime Bush loyalist.

The Bushes have long been known for their conservative politics and loyalty to their inner circle. Political consultants and advisers for former President George H.W. Bush, former President George W. Bush, and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush often worked with them for a decade or more, remaining in close contact years after the time in elected office had come to an end.

George P. Bush, Jeb’s son, was elected as Texas Land Commissioner in 2014, his first elected office, and he easily won reelection in 2018. He was a frequent sight on the campaign trail for his father’s 2016 presidential campaign, as pictured above. This week, he announced that he would challenge incumbent Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton in 2022.

Bush’s campaign launch was notable in at least two ways: the lack of other Bushes and the direct appeal to former President Donald Trump. Neither of Bush’s parents, Jeb or Columba Bush, were present at his announcement speech, nor was his presidential uncle GWB. Jeb and Columba had attended a number of his previous campaign events. This reporter spoke with Jeb at George P.’s 2018 election night party in March 2018, and he had made comments about being a proud father seeing his son succeed.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jeb-is-heartbroken-bush-inner-circle-responds-to-george-p-bush-s-trumpian-campaign-launch/ar-AAKICLR?ocid=BingNewsSearch
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I call BS.  All the Bushys were political opportunist. 

George P.'s  ideological so called shift, is likely just a ruse to get a toe hold.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

George P.'s  ideological so called shift, is likely just a ruse to get a toe hold.
I'll join you. George Pee is the Bush clan's only hope to reassert themselves and reclaim their family birthright to lead the nation. Apparently he's bright enough to see the winds have shifted.

Online mountaineer

The Bushes have long been known for their conservative politics
I'm not surprised MSN would think so.
I'll wait to see whether George P. really is a conservative or just an opportunist. I won't jump to paint all Bushes with the same broad brush - or to blame someone for the sins of their family members - if the allegations are not true. However, if George P. turns out to be just another Jeb!, then the heck with him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'll wait to see whether George P. really is a conservative or just an opportunist. I won't jump to paint all Bushes with the same broad brush - or to blame someone for the sins of their family members - if the allegations are not true. However, if George P. turns out to be just another Jeb!, then the heck with him.

Good points.  OTOH, think about how many of us have had such seismic shifts in our ideoligical thinking.  I sure haven't, and doubt Mr. George P. Bush has had such an epiphany. I hate to come across as a flaming conspiracist, but I think terms like Political  "Plant" or "Spy" come from a political story where the Bush dynasty pends their future on a Trump populist agenda.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I'm in Texas and no one I know is even remotely thinking about replacing our current AG.  George P is pissing in the wind.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

I'm in Texas and no one I know is even remotely thinking about replacing our current AG.  George P is pissing in the wind.
I saw a comment to that effect somewhere. I hear your AG is pretty good and there's no reason to replace him with a Bush.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Good points.  OTOH, think about how many of us have had such seismic shifts in our ideoligical thinking.  I sure haven't, and doubt Mr. George P. Bush has had such an epiphany. I hate to come across as a flaming conspiracist, but I think terms like Political  "Plant" or "Spy" come from a political story where the Bush dynasty pends their future on a Trump populist agenda.

I have no particular reason to support George P, and in fact I will most certainly vote for Paxton to be re-elected.

I hope George P, unlike the older members of his family, has been able to recognize that their family fetish for revelling in "decency" and "civility", beginning with "a kinder, gentler America," has redounded to the country's detriment as well as their own disrepute among the R rank and file.  Believing that they are fundamentally too moral to engage the Ds fully in the manner necessary to protect the country is a vice, not a virtue; perhaps GP, as a younger man not yet fixed in his assumptions, is able to see this.
James 1:20

Offline roamer_1

I'll join you. George Pee is the Bush clan's only hope to reassert themselves and reclaim their family birthright to lead the nation. Apparently he's bright enough to see the winds have shifted.

Nah - No brightness needed... A wolf in sheep's clothing. Don't forget Poppy and Dubya both in their day, sang like conservatives to get elected.

Stay outta da Bushes.

Offline roamer_1

I have no particular reason to support George P, and in fact I will most certainly vote for Paxton to be re-elected.

I hope George P, unlike the older members of his family, has been able to recognize that their family fetish for revelling in "decency" and "civility", beginning with "a kinder, gentler America," has redounded to the country's detriment as well as their own disrepute among the R rank and file.  Believing that they are fundamentally too moral to engage the Ds fully in the manner necessary to protect the country is a vice, not a virtue; perhaps GP, as a younger man not yet fixed in his assumptions, is able to see this.

Nothing at all to do with that... Here's the problem:

Y'all think you're getting Texas. But what you're really getting is HighAnusPort. Made that mistake myself with Dubya... Won't go there again. I will never vote for another Bush. Ever. The name has a taint to it.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Since when has a Bush been a conservative?   Certainly not either of the two clowns that made it to the White House.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online mountaineer

Since when has a Bush been a conservative?   Certainly not either of the two clowns that made it to the White House.
Perhaps this one will be different - at least I hope so. We'll see.
 My brother is a flaming Marxist. I'm the opposite. People from the same family can have different beliefs.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

George P's single act of firing the Daughters of the Republic of Texas as overseeing the Alamo cause and taking possession himself is enough to cause me to ever vote for this scroundrel iin any elective office.

He also fired a hundred land commission employees during his tenure as Land Commissioner and had to arrange to pay them off with a million dollars to get them not to sue him.

Some leader.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

Nah - No brightness needed... A wolf in sheep's clothing. Don't forget Poppy and Dubya both in their day, sang like conservatives to get elected.

Stay outta da Bushes.
The only line from the Rev Jackson worth quoting.

Offline roamer_1

The only line from the Rev Jackson worth quoting.

And exactly the only thing I ever agreed with him about.  :laugh: :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@catfish1957

And there it is.

IIRC,he is known within family circles as the "Brown Bush". I also THINK he has/had an arrest record,and is the Bush the family ended up buying a trophy blonde wife for after his college girlfriend gave him the boot.

I also seem to recall they used family pull to get him the recorder's slot.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think Trump is just going to enjoy the moment ....  I sincerely doubt it goes any further.   

Offline Sled Dog

Perhaps this one will be different - at least I hope so. We'll see.
 My brother is a flaming Marxist. I'm the opposite. People from the same family can have different beliefs.

No.

He's a Bush.

He was born Bush and raised in the Bush.

He has no loyalty outside Bush.

America has never had good luck with dynasties.

Especially not Bushy dynasty.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline dfwgator

I don't believe this charade for one second.

Offline libertybele

Nothing at all to do with that... Here's the problem:

Y'all think you're getting Texas. But what you're really getting is HighAnusPort. Made that mistake myself with Dubya... Won't go there again. I will never vote for another Bush. Ever. The name has a taint to it.

Ditto.   888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

George P's single act of firing the Daughters of the Republic of Texas as overseeing the Alamo cause and taking possession himself is enough to cause me to ever vote for this scroundrel iin any elective office.

He also fired a hundred land commission employees during his tenure as Land Commissioner and had to arrange to pay them off with a million dollars to get them not to sue him.

Some leader.

@IsailedawayfromFR

That right there is enough for me to reject him with a passion.   HE IS NO CONSERVATIVE.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

@IsailedawayfromFR

That right there is enough for me to reject him with a passion.   HE IS NO CONSERVATIVE.

Bush's aren't conservatives.  Jeb! was a joke as governor.  'W' was a major, major disappointment as president.  'Read my Lips' drafted NAFTA and was horrible for the country.  No, I'll never vote for another Bush.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sled Dog

Bush's aren't conservatives.  Jeb! was a joke as governor.  'W' was a major, major disappointment as president.  'Read my Lips' drafted NAFTA and was horrible for the country.  No, I'll never vote for another Bush.
:yowsa:

Online Slide Rule

So when will you know if George Pee is a conservative? Sometime after he is in office?

George is presented as a bright guy, so there are many opportunities available.

We don't need another Bush with ties to Rino-ism.

On principle, I pass. There are lots of great men available to choose from.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

Jorge P,"the brown Bush" makes Jeb look like Reagan by comparison. Even has a criminal record for stalking and intimidating a former trophy blonde girlfriend.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!