Author Topic: Twitter May Start Labeling Your Tweets Based on How Wrong You Are  (Read 1173 times)

Offline mountaineer

Twitter May Start Labeling Your Tweets Based on How Wrong You Are
Alyse Stanley
Today 3:58PM
 May 31, 2021
Twitter is one of many social media companies that’s struggled to keep misinformation from running rampant on its platform over the years. Its latest attempt to move the needle looks to be a tiered warning label system that changes based on how wrong you are, according to app researcher Jane Manchun Wong.

So far, there are three levels of misinformation warning labels: “Get the latest,” “Stay Informed,” and “Misleading,” Wong tweeted on Monday. How accurate a tweet is determines if Twitter’s systems tack on one of these three labels, each of which includes a prompt directing users to additional information. Ostensibly, these would link to a Twitter-curated page or external vetted source, as is the case for Twitter’s covid-19 and U.S. presidential election misinformation labels.  ...

When she tweeted, “In 12 hours, darkness will ascend in parts of the world. Stay tuned,” a “Stay Informed” label popped up prompting users to learn more about the concept of time zones. And when she tweeted, “We eat. Turtles eat. Therefore we are turtles,” Twitter slapped a “Misleading” label on her post, noting that it’s a logical fallacy.

This feature could help reduce the spread of misinformation, or at the very least provide important context for issues that may be too nuanced to fit in 280 characters. However, it does raise concerns about censorship, particularly given how we’ve seen social media platforms bungle moderating Palestinian voices in recent weeks amid the Israel conflict. Twitter’s algorithms have screwed up before, and there’s no arguing that mislabeling inconvenient truths as “fake news” could have lasting repercussions.  ...
Full story at Gizmodo
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Twitter May Start Labeling Your Tweets Based on How Wrong You Are
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 11:25:54 pm »
"How wrong you are", is a matter of their opinion.
It would be more accurate to say, "Based on how Conservative, Christian, or Republican you are".
This is just another way for the Twitter Fascists to label Republican content that they do not like.
None of this will apply to Liberals, BLM, Antifa, or Muslim extremists.
It is insulting that all the big tech companies think they can piss on us and then convince us it is raining.
That is how stupid they think we are.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 11:40:24 pm »
Twitter May Start Labeling Your Tweets Based on How Wrong You Are
Alyse Stanley
Today 3:58PM
 May 31, 2021Full story at Gizmodo

I feel a banning coming up for me. I told them the truth about Jan. 6th. ANTIFA/BLM were bussed in and told to wear Trump gear. They are, who did all the damage. Not TRUMP PATRIOTS.  BLM supporter, capitol cop, murdered ASHLI, in cold blood. She was unarmed.  PATRIOTS tired to stop ANTIFA/BLM doing damage. FBI KNOW.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 02:13:24 am »
Fecebook commonly labeled posts made as misleading, incorrect, or out of context.

Problem is, those posts were entirely correct. It is being proven now.

Will there be an apology?

:silly:

Eff 'em.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 03:12:58 am »
I don't tweet, instagram, facebook or a whatever. Posting on sites like this is about the extent of it. I
 wouldn't care what they did to me anyway....I've been banned from four websites. Banned from Twitter?  :tongue2:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 05:39:05 am »
Twitter promotes the idea that requiring correct arithmetic answers is racist.

Twitter also denies, strenuously, that the 2020 election was stolen from the President and handed to Biden as a Senile Usurper.

The first indicates their inability to realize objective truth.

The second indicates their inability to realize objective truth.

I'd say they are factually incorrect in attempting to label the accuracy of posted content.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 10:25:07 am »
I seriously doubt that even half of twitter users know what a "logical fallacy" is, let alone, have any logic.

No matter, I don't twitter, but am curious to see how they use to their advantage given all the "fact" checking going on.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 11:03:52 am »
Twitter is a joke. Last week they gave me a 12 hour suspension because I said something to the effect that Kyle Rittenhouse encountered an armed Antifa who would have killed him if Rittenhouse hadn't shot the guy. Twitter accused me of glorifying violence. Uh, no, I wasn't cheering for anyone to get shot, just kind of pointing out how guns can be used in self-defense.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2021, 11:15:34 am »
Twitter is a joke. Last week they gave me a 12 hour suspension because I said something to the effect that Kyle Rittenhouse encountered an armed Antifa who would have killed him if Rittenhouse hadn't shot the guy. Twitter accused me of glorifying violence. Uh, no, I wasn't cheering for anyone to get shot, just kind of pointing out how guns can be used in self-defense.
I noticed it had become a total cesspit of liberal comments, so I seldom go there except to pursue a link in context. Fecebook lets me connect with a few friends, so I use it for that, but any attempt to post anything there with serious content in re COVID or election theft was met with all sorts of error messages or removal (including a joke). It did not take long to learn workarounds but the 'fackchecking' there is done by bots--some of my posts were flagged in the process of posting them, and a human would have taken longer.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2021, 11:52:02 am »
Ah. Twitter is falling on bad times and needs a boost of posts.

So, they fabricate a How Wrong a conservative is in order to generate many conservative
posts. The reason for a conservative to post, is to gain the merry go round ring for highest
wrong score of the day, week or year.

So if you have any pride and are a farce book member, time to curtail your restraint. Let it
hang out. Not to say being rude or crude are in order, but saying tell it as it is, in a way mom
could read it and say, that is my son/daughter.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2021, 12:50:58 am »

Twitter accused you of glorifying violence...

...I don't use Twitter....tell me...does the Marvel Comic Movie Studio have a very large presence on Twitter?  What about Star Wars and other movies that wouldn't exist without massive gratuitous violence?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that (b)lack Lies Matter and Aunty Fa have unlimited posting rights on Twitter, don't they?  And the Nation of Islame.   The "Palestinian" terrorists do, I'm sure.  But I bet they watch what Israel tweets most carefully.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:53:59 am by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online rustynail

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2021, 12:55:14 am »
'How Wrong You Are'.......that's my wife's job.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2021, 01:11:32 am »
@Sled Dog There are plenty of leftists on Twitter actually threatening the lives of prominent conservatives, their children and families. Twitter has no problem with that.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2021, 01:16:38 am »
@Sled Dog There are plenty of leftists on Twitter actually threatening the lives of prominent conservatives, their children and families. Twitter has no problem with that.
I have seen it.
Was on a thread in which a bunch of Leftists were laughing and joking about killing a Republican Senator and his family.
They thought the whole thing was hilarious.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2021, 01:42:18 am »
You mean the COVID came out of a Chinese lab?
The Republic is lost.