Author Topic: Deep-Rooted Racism, Discrimination Permeate US Military  (Read 1091 times)

rangerrebew

Deep-Rooted Racism, Discrimination Permeate US Military
 Jose Sanchez)

27 May 2021
The Associated Press | By KAT STAFFORD, JAMES LAPORTA, AARON MORRISON and HELEN WIEFFERING

For Stephanie Davis, who grew up with little, the military was a path to the American dream, a realm where everyone would receive equal treatment.

She joined the Air Force in 1988 and steadily advanced over the course of decades, becoming a flight surgeon, commander of flight medicine at Fairchild Air Force Base and, eventually, a lieutenant colonel.

But many of her service colleagues, Davis says, viewed her only as a Black woman. Or for the white resident colleagues who gave her the call sign of ABW – it was a joke, they insisted – an “angry black woman,” a classic racist trope.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/05/27/deep-rooted-racism-discrimination-permeate-us-military.html

rangerrebew

Re: Deep-Rooted Racism, Discrimination Permeate US Military
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 11:55:31 am »
Since I've been out of the military for 45 years, I can't say if it is or isn't.  Either way, I suspect it isn't as bad as the woke media says it is.  If it is, it is a product of the officer class, not the enlisted.  Enlisted people have no sway when it comes to policy, only officers.   *hmmmm*

Offline AARguy

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 12:38:32 pm »
I'm not sure the author's reference to "deep rooted racism" has anything to with policy. I believe he is talking about the racism of individuals at all ranks, in all roles and in all positions. I had an Artillery Battery in Germany and had a rather oddball E-6 that spouted racist epithets routinely like a KKK member. I thought he was just a harmless eccentric. He never influenced any opportunities for anyone. He was in a position where he had no subordinates working for him. I talked it over with my 1SG and he agreed that the guy was kind of like the crazy uncle you kept in the basement. He did his job very well and he didn't hurt anyone, so we just kept an eye on him.

I believe all this racism panic is a little crazy. Lloyd Austin said in an interview that he was an Operations Officer as an LTC. He would author his briefings but have a white officer deliver them to make sure that the briefings wouldn't be diminished by racism based on his color. That seems to be a little far into the nutty range of the paranoia spectrum to me. Llloyd is a classmate of mine and I know he was very well respected as he rose through the ranks.

It would appear that those who propose the idea that "deep-rooted racism permeates" the military are the same sort of folks that are convinced that Martians are invading Hoboken.   

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 06:58:19 am »
I'm not sure the author's reference to "deep rooted racism" has anything to with policy. I believe he is talking about the racism of individuals at all ranks, in all roles and in all positions. I had an Artillery Battery in Germany and had a rather oddball E-6 that spouted racist epithets routinely like a KKK member. I thought he was just a harmless eccentric. He never influenced any opportunities for anyone. He was in a position where he had no subordinates working for him. I talked it over with my 1SG and he agreed that the guy was kind of like the crazy uncle you kept in the basement. He did his job very well and he didn't hurt anyone, so we just kept an eye on him.

I believe all this racism panic is a little crazy. Lloyd Austin said in an interview that he was an Operations Officer as an LTC. He would author his briefings but have a white officer deliver them to make sure that the briefings wouldn't be diminished by racism based on his color. That seems to be a little far into the nutty range of the paranoia spectrum to me. Llloyd is a classmate of mine and I know he was very well respected as he rose through the ranks.

It would appear that those who propose the idea that "deep-rooted racism permeates" the military are the same sort of folks that are convinced that Martians are invading Hoboken.

Lloyd Austin is a marxist and is doing the purging of all conservatives in military. He was upset that, while he was in civilian clothes...no one though him to be the general.  Then he felt he should NOT, have to audition or interview for a position.
That is narcissism.  Always looking for a SLIGHT...you will find one. I have zero respect for this communist. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 07:06:27 am »

The bias is, in his brain.  WHY GIVE THE NOTES TO SOMEONE ELSE...them bitch about people, not knowing you?  He says, everyday he wakes up and thinks of himself as a "black man."  THAT IS THE PROBLEM.  NOT...MAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRiuKPKEsdo

THIS VIDEO SHOWS HIS REVENGE.  He thinks RIGHTS, CONSERVATIVES ARE extremist! Purging conservatives from military.  biden was not elected, you fool.  Austin is a communist.  MARXIST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzruyGx5XYA
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 07:07:53 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 07:08:55 am »
Ugh.  Another Mugabe.

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 10:17:46 am »
I wonder what Frederick Douglass would have to say about the "plight" of people like Austin today? :pondering:

Offline AARguy

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2021, 04:18:59 am »
A twice elected black President and now Lloyd Austin. Black farmers getting subsidies whites are not eligible to receive! White Chicago reporters NOT ALLOWED! BLACK PRIVILEGE OPPRESSES US POOR WHITES!!!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2021, 04:36:41 am »
A twice elected black President and now Lloyd Austin. Black farmers getting subsidies whites are not eligible to receive! White Chicago reporters NOT ALLOWED! BLACK PRIVILEGE OPPRESSES US POOR WHITES!!!

Correct. The sad thing is, it is never enough, for sociopaths. 17 trillion in welfare mostly to blacks since LBJ. FOOD, FREE HEALTH CARE, (MEDICAID) SECTION 8 HOUSING.  I checked once into section 8, as I was close to living in my car. ALL TAKEN UP ALREADY FOR YEARS, guess by whom. I talked to a black part of town, who had the program. NORTH Las Vegas.

AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, HEAD START, (8 MILLION) NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND, SAT SCORES lowered for blacks, Blacks given first preference in college entrance, NOT WHITE OR ASIAN.  All kind of free camps, support, after school activities.  Lunches, and TAKE HOME FOOD. Even our genocide is not enough and asking for that too. 

The  New York Times ran an article about White farmers wondering why they are not getting money to pay off loans like black farmers are getting.  They mentioned one black farmer who is getting $200,000 from the government to pay off his loans.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2021, 04:50:26 am »
BLM activist, who was shot in head at a party, wants white people as slaves as reparation. SASHA JOHNSON.  She does NOT know any history. BARBARY COAST.

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2021, 10:44:27 am »
  SASHA JOHNSON.  She does NOT know any history. BARBARY COAST.

I'll bet she doesn't know about the black slave owners. **nononono*