Author Topic: Gretchen Whitmer administration's nursing home death toll 'could be double' the official count  (Read 686 times)

BassWrangler

https://twitter.com/janicedean/status/1397871905382748161?s=21

COVID nursing home scandals deepen: Gretchen Whitmer administration's nursing home death toll 'could be double' the official count as it's revealed Andrew Cuomo 'deployed the Speaker to silence a critic' after his cover-up emerged...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9624941/COVID-nursing-home-scandal-Michigan-nursing-home-death-toll-double-official-count.html

Offline PeteS in CA

Cuomo wasn't the only goobernor to have issued such a deadly order. I don't know of any R governors who did so, but it is hypothetically possible. Goobernor Noisome also issued such an order, but I think it was only in force for a week or so. I wonder how long Whitmer's was in force.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

BassWrangler

Cuomo wasn't the only goobernor to have issued such a deadly order. I don't know of any R governors who did so, but it is hypothetically possible. Goobernor Noisome also issued such an order, but I think it was only in force for a week or so. I wonder how long Whitmer's was in force.

Article doesn't say. I wonder if there will be any accountability for this.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Many governors and state politicians receive campaign contributions from nursing home companies and industry associations.  Follow the campaign contributions.

Nursing homes are the soft underbelly of political influence, corruption, patronage, nepotism, incompetence, and mismanagment in state government.

That last thing state politicians, governors and legislators, want is an investigation shining the light on their cockroach-infested state houses.

In Massachusetts, they royally messed up at the Old Soldiers' Home in Chicopee, Mass.  Those no longer among us should not be forgotten.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline goatprairie

I'm still skeptical of all the reports of death strictly from the virus. Lately most reports of virus-caused deaths on my local tv station do not mention the ages. I suspect the great majority are deaths from residents of nursing homes who already have serious health issues.

BassWrangler

Many governors and state politicians receive campaign contributions from nursing home companies and industry associations.  Follow the campaign contributions.

Nursing homes are the soft underbelly of political influence, corruption, patronage, nepotism, incompetence, and mismanagment in state government.

That last thing state politicians, governors and legislators, want is an investigation shining the light on their cockroach-infested state houses.

In Massachusetts, they royally messed up at the Old Soldiers' Home in Chicopee, Mass.  Those no longer among us should not be forgotten.

Why would nursing homes want customers to die? And did those campaign contributions happen pre- or post-COVID?

Offline thackney

I'm still skeptical of all the reports of death strictly from the virus. Lately most reports of virus-caused deaths on my local tv station do not mention the ages. I suspect the great majority are deaths from residents of nursing homes who already have serious health issues.

Number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) deaths in the U.S. as of May 12, 2021, by age*
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Nursing homes don't want people to die.

Too much attention is bad for "business" for the politicians.  Any investigation, especially one with subpoena power, could expose the unseemly relationships (nepotism, patronage) and financial conflicts of interests (campaign donations, kickbacks, bribes) in the state apparatus that regulates, contracts with, and manages nursing homes.

If someone flicks the light switch, see a cockraoch, they will presume that are more cockroaches that need investigating.  Investigations are bad for politicians.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

BassWrangler

Nursing homes don't want people to die.

Too much attention is bad for "business" for the politicians.  Any investigation, especially one with subpoena power, could expose the unseemly relationships (nepotism, patronage) and financial conflicts of interests (campaign donations, kickbacks, bribes) in the state apparatus that regulates, contracts with, and manages nursing homes.

If someone flicks the light switch, see a cockraoch, they will presume that are more cockroaches that need investigating.  Investigations are bad for politicians.

:yowsa:

BassWrangler

Number of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) deaths in the U.S. as of May 12, 2021, by age*
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

I firmly believe we counted COVID deaths differently in the US than everywhere else in the world. There is nothing that will convince me that we had more COVID deaths here than India, a 3rd-world country with a population 4-5 times ours.

Offline thackney

I firmly believe we counted COVID deaths differently in the US than everywhere else in the world. There is nothing that will convince me that we had more COVID deaths here than India, a 3rd-world country with a population 4-5 times ours.

I would agree and take it farther.  I think most countries on the level of India are not able to, or even try to, count all cases or related deaths.

BassWrangler

I would agree and take it farther.  I think most countries on the level of India are not able to, or even try to, count all cases or related deaths.

Well, even compared to first-world countries with inferior health care systems, our stats look terrible. Why is that?

Offline PeteS in CA

IMO, both are happening. Countries such as Germany probably had a more narrow and accurate definition of a "Covid Death". Countries like India and Mexico lack to health care infrastructure to accumulate accurate statistics (and may also use a more narrow definition).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thackney

Well, even compared to first-world countries with inferior health care systems, our stats look terrible. Why is that?

Total deaths per million?  We are not on the top of that list.
Italy and UK are worse than us.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

And still, I suspect we did more testing than most any place.

BassWrangler

Total deaths per million?  We are not on the top of that list.
Italy and UK are worse than us.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

And still, I suspect we did more testing than most any place.

Well, we are above them in cases per million, which would tend to support your assertion about the amount of testing.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Nursing homes are, not so strangely, just about the only places in the country where the Rodents did everything they could think of to shift real China Virus fatalities to another cause, ANY other cause.

Normal ER has a guy come in from a motorcycle wreck and showed CV symptoms,..."COVID DEATH HERE!!!!"  and begged for more money.

Gunshot wound?   Covid death.

There's no way the country had as many China Virus fatalities as claimed.   But they needed that chyron up to steal the election, didn't they?   

But, Cuomo's nursing home slaughter houses?....hey, did you know that Cuomo bothered some gals once?   That's much more important than the thousands he killed by ordering China Virus patients into nursing homes while the hospital ship idled empty in the harbor and the hospital Trump built in the Javits Center went unused, right?

Same for Michigan's Whitless and California's Nuisance.

The reports of the China Virus deaths need to be audited just as badly as the fake elections the Rodents used to steal the 2020 election.

And remember this:  The political party that loves to murder babies isn't really bothered when they murder YOUR grandmother. 

The nursing homes lose a little money when the old lady dies, but, hell, the country is getting older, they don't have to wait long for the next old lady to come in to be used.   I worked for a year in a nursing home, it's how they work.   (and the guys from the funeral parlors come in the middle of the night half drunk and needed my help to keep the dead old ladies from falling off the gurneys...)
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

Well, we are above them in cases per million, which would tend to support your assertion about the amount of testing.

Just because someone tested postive for the China Virus does not mean they died from the China Virus.

The numbers are all bogus.

Notice how nobody died of the flu last winter?   Somehow the China Virus kills the flu.   Miracle.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

Rodents lie.

They lie about EVERYTHING if it helps them.

The China Virus was a gift to the Rodents from the biowarfare buffoons in Wuhan, and the Rodents loved it.