Author Topic: Democrats start putting GOP on notice as patience runs thin  (Read 437 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats start putting GOP on notice as patience runs thin
By Jordain Carney - 05/26/21 06:00 AM EDT

Democrats are warning Republicans that they won’t keep waiting around for potential bipartisan deals, as congressional leaders face growing pressure to go-it-alone on their agenda.

More than four months since President Biden took office, most of the party’s biggest priorities have been stuck in limbo in the Senate, forcing Democrats to focus instead on nominations and smaller bills that can garner enough support from both sides of the aisle.

But Democrats, assessing their strategy as they head toward Memorial Day and the summer, are vowing to move forward after weeks of behind-the-scenes talks aimed at trying to find common ground with Republicans have led to mixed results.

“We always hope that our Republican friends will work with us on things. ... We hope to move forward with Republicans, but we’re not going to let them saying ‘no’ stand in our way,” Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) told reporters Tuesday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/555435-democrats-start-putting-gop-on-notice-as-patience-runs-thin
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Democrats start putting GOP on notice as patience runs thin
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 12:16:43 pm »
Poor Chuckie pushing a rat agenda in a split senate must be hard work.  Maybe AOC could do a better job.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 12:21:34 pm »
Go ahead, Chuck.  Enact your agenda.  You know what the consequences will be, especially if you can't get any GOP fingerprints on it.  You will be held accountable, and you won't be able to blame Republicans by calling it "bipartisan."

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 12:28:33 pm »
I guess the democrats are finding it harder to find actionable blackmail material this time around.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2021, 12:39:04 pm »
If they can get Republicans to go along, they can blame them when the disaster happens.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2021, 12:46:12 pm »
Bi-partisan has the cache of watered down liquor.  I still think the GOP should try to get Joe Manchin to switch parties.  That Green New Deal agenda could really hurt West Virginia.

As long as there is the prospect of shoving things down America's throat via budget reconciliation, the libs won't negotiate in good faith.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2021, 02:28:31 pm »
Bi-partisan has the cache of watered down liquor.  I still think the GOP should try to get Joe Manchin to switch parties.  That Green New Deal agenda could really hurt West Virginia.

As long as there is the prospect of shoving things down America's throat via budget reconciliation, the libs won't negotiate in good faith.
Why would you want Manchin to switch parties? He's a DCP disciple. If he does switch he just goes from demonrat to RINO then out next election.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 03:40:15 pm »
Surrender or ???!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 05:03:29 pm »
Go ahead, Chuck.  Enact your agenda.  You know what the consequences will be, especially if you can't get any GOP fingerprints on it.  You will be held accountable, and you won't be able to blame Republicans by calling it "bipartisan."

But Mittens will be very happy to vote for any Rodent US-Destruct bill that comes along.   He even voted to impeach an innocent man.

And Murkowski has nothing to lose.

Collins isn't going to worry about re-election.

So, sure, there will be "Republican" finger stains on those bills of treason, you can count on it.

The Rodents are getting frustrated because Manchin won't support killing the filibuster.  There's only so many vile things they can do to the US under the guise of reconciliation, and only a few more seats need to switch hands in the House before they are stopped in advancing their agenda.

They're anxious.  They see the Maricopa Audit and realize that everyone knows they wouldn't protest the audit if they thought the election was fair, and they're thinking maybe they can't get away with stealing enough elections in 2022 to keep things going their way.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 05:09:11 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2021, 05:05:39 pm »

The Rodents?  "Negotiate in good faith"?   

Hasn't happened in my life time, and I was alive when JFK was abandoning his invasion troops on the shores of Cuba.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2021, 05:17:21 pm »
Great Scott!  I'm on notice!  This won't look good on my permanent record!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: