Author Topic: George Floyd’s Family Demands ‘Federal Laws to Protect People of Color’ After Meeting Joe Biden at t  (Read 606 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Charlie Spiering 25 May 2021

The family of George Floyd met with President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris on Tuesday, urging him to work for and sign police reform legislation.

“If you can make federal laws to protect the bird, which is the bald eagle, you can make federal laws to protect people of color,” Floyd’s brother, Philonise Floyd, told reporters after the meeting.

Prompted by their legal team, the Floyd family raised their fists in protest as Floyd’s seven-year-old daughter Giana said ,”Say his name!”

“George Floyd!” the group said together.

Speaking with reporters afterward, Philonise Floyd revealed that Biden and Harris met with members of the family for over an hour, to recognize the one-year anniversary of his death.

“It was great. He was a genuine guy. They always speak from the heart,” he said, recalling the meeting.

Brandon Williams, Floyd’s nephew, said Biden spoke personally with the family.

“I think that the meeting went well. He showed concern and I think genuinely he wanted to know how we’re doing,” he said.

Williams said Biden spoke about his commitment to getting the George Floyd police reform bill passed by House Democrats through the Senate and on his desk.

Biden explained to the family that he wanted to pass the “right bill and not a worse bill” Williams said.

The House-passed George Floyd Police Reform Act has stalled in the Senate, as many Democrats continue demanding that any legislation ends qualified legal immunity for police officers. Republican negotiators oppose the idea.

One of the family lawyers recalled that Floyd’s daughter Giana enjoyed her meeting with the president.

“The president actually interacted and played with Giana. She had an absolute ball,” he said. “And that’s why this may be a sad day across the country, but this was a super happy day seeing her smile.”

The president and vice president also met with Floyd’s brothers Rodney Floyd and Terrence Floyd, as well as his mother Roxie Washington.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/25/george-floyds-family-demands-federal-laws-to-protect-people-of-color-after-meeting-joe-biden-at-the-white-house/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Equal justice under the law isn't enough anymore? I'm sure this will end well.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Black people should not be forced to obey the law.
Black people should be immune from Police interference and prosecution.
Black people should be in their own 'special' category of citizen, above and separate from everyone else.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bilo

“If you can make federal laws to protect the bird, which is the bald eagle, you can make federal laws to protect people of color,” Floyd’s brother, Philonise Floyd, told reporters after the meeting.

How about something easier than re-instituting segregation  like public service announcements saying, "when police issue lawful orders, comply don't die".
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline rustynail

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once more:
George. Floyd. Wasn't. Murdered.

Offline mountaineer

I bet Pedo Joe really enjoyed having a little girl sit on his lap. A lot.
Caleb Hull
@CalebJHull
Biden after meeting George Floyd's daughter:

"[She] threw her arms around me, gave me a big hug, and wanted to sit in my lap... we gave her some ice cream, she had some cheetos, and I think she had some chocolate milk."

7:14 PM · May 25, 2021

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1397330167404580868
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

One of the tenets of liberal ideology:  Some people are more equal than others.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 01:04:03 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
George Floyd's family raise fists on White House lawn on anniversary of his murder to demand Congress passes police reform after his daughter Gianna, 6, met Joe for ice cream

The attorney for George Floyd's family Benjamin Crump insisted: 'We have to respect the spilled blood that's on this legislation,' when urging Congress to pass a police reform bill
    Comments came as Floyd's family and friends – along with their lawyers – emerged from the White House following a meeting with Joe Biden on the year anniversary of Floyd's death
    While speaking to press, the group held up their fists as Floyd's daughter Gianna, 6, shouted 'Say his name,' and they responded with: 'George Floyd'
    In a statement on the meeting Tuesday, Biden said: 'The Floyd family has shown extraordinary courage, especially his young daughter Gianna, who I met again today'
    'The day before her father's funeral a year ago, Jill and I met the family and she told me, 'Daddy changed the world.' He has,' Biden continued
    During a press conference with the Floyd family at the Capitol before the White House meeting, Nancy Pelosi shared the same sentiment, claiming 'Gianna was right when she said: 'My daddy will change the world' 
    The family met with Pelosi, Representative Karen Bass, other members of Congress and the president and vice president on Tuesday to mark the one year anniversary of George Floyd's death 
    The trip to Washington comes as Congress failed to meet President Biden's deadline for passing a police reform bill exactly one year after Floyd's death

By Katelyn Caralle, U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 12:50 EDT, 25 May 2021 | Updated: 03:55 EDT, 26 May 2021

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9617757/George-Floyds-brother-urges-Congress-policing-act-Bidens-meeting-Pelosi.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
My wife would kill me’: Biden recalls giving snacks to George Floyd’s daughter, who wanted to sit in his lap
May 26, 2021 | Vivek Saxena

Four months into his administration, President Joe Biden has been accused of making his first overtly “creepy” remarks since taking office.

After meeting “privately” with deceased Minneapolis criminal suspect George Floyd’s family, including his 7-year-old daughter Gianna, the president described to the press how his interactions with Gianna in particular had gone.

“The first thing she did when she ran in, she just threw her arms around me, gave me a big hug and wanted to sit in my lap,” he said.

“And we spent … she also loved the idea that … she said, ‘I’m really hungry.’ She said, ‘Do you have any snacks?’” the president added.

A reporter then asked, “What did you give her?”

“Well, my wife would kill me. We gave her some ice cream, she had some Cheetos and I think she had some chocolate milk. I’m not sure,” the president replied.

Watch:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1397318981200105472

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/05/26/my-wife-would-kill-me-biden-recalls-giving-snacks-to-george-floyds-daughter-who-wanted-to-sit-in-his-lap-1079226/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Does it look like this girl wants to sit on Biden's lap?...only in Joe's dreams
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

How Much for the Little Girl? The Women? How Much for the Women?
-- Pedo Joe
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

He was hoping to sniff her hair, at least.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In the picture Heels Up is giving of a warm and fuzzy look towards the little girl and her handlers.
/s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

In the picture Heels Up is giving of a warm and fuzzy look towards the little girl and her handlers.
/s
What's up, my fellow homies?