Author Topic: University of Central Florida Creates ‘Social Justice’ Graduate Degree  (Read 654 times)

BassWrangler

https://www.dailywire.com/news/university-of-central-florida-creates-social-justice-graduate-degree

The University of Central Florida (UCF) created a graduate degree program and a communications track focused on social justice.

According to the school’s website, students can receive a graduate certificate from the College of Community Innovation and Education in “Social Justice in Public Service.” The program is aimed at developing leaders “who can influence policy to create social justice.” 

https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1397263747836637185?s=20

BassWrangler

The enrollment list for this should be saved and used for future deportations...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Finally a degree worth less than Gender Studies in the real world. 

Nice job UCF.  You rock.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Is Barista Training a mandatory course for the degree? It should be.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

BassWrangler

Finally a degree worth less than Gender Studies in the real world. 

Nice job UCF.  You rock.

Worthless in actual value to society (negative worth, in fact), but these degrees lead to big paying jobs at fortune 500 companies. My employer has an alarming number of these social justice worriers (spelling intentional) on staff. They are constantly sending out invites for these "diversity panels" and what-not. I get angry even thinking about it, so will leave it there.

Offline libertybele

UCF was one of the universities my daughter was looking at when we were hunting for universities.  At the time it was fairly new and was somewhat prestigious if you got in.

How things change and what a waste.  It was a beautiful campus; but obviously it has turned towards ugliness!  Liberalism strikes again. Liberalism hasn't worked in the past, isn't working now and sure as heck won't work in the future!  Idiots!!

BassWrangler

UCF was one of the universities my daughter was looking at when we were hunting for universities.  At the time it was fairly new and was somewhat prestigious if you got in.

How things change and what a waste.  It was a beautiful campus; but obviously it has turned towards ugliness!  Liberalism strikes again. Liberalism hasn't worked in the past, isn't working now and sure as heck won't work in the future!  Idiots!!

@libertybele , unfortunately this is happening almost everywhere (notable exception, places like Liberty College). Even the engineering schools are starting to cave to it.

Offline mountaineer

Proud social justice graduate.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Proud social justice graduate.

Yeppers and I believe McD's announced recently that they were going to pay $15/hr.  Wonderful!  Won't the workers be surprised when they discover that they'll probably be lucky to get 20 hrs. a week, which then amounts to about $7/hr.!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wingnut wrote:
"Finally a degree worth less than Gender Studies in the real world."

Au contraire.

At the rate things are going, big companies will probably jump to recruit "social justice" graduates with starting salaries of around $90k.

Or... they'll go into the com/fed/gov to the newly-created positions of "political oversight officers" who will be assigned to regulate businesses and the military branches.

Things are changing, even if you aren't.
Get with it, citizen comrade Wingnut...

BassWrangler

Wingnut wrote:

Au contraire.

At the rate things are going, big companies will probably jump to recruit "social justice" graduates with starting salaries of around $90k.

Or... they'll go into the com/fed/gov to the newly-created positions of "political oversight officers" who will be assigned to regulate businesses and the military branches.

Yes - see my post a little higher in the thread - where I work, they've already hired an army of these people. And they are insufferable.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wingnut wrote:

Probably a good thing I am not in the Corp world today.  I had a long history of telling The Office of Personnel and later known as "HR" to piss up a rope.  I once told an old hag in HR to GFHS when I was called on the carpet for a minor break of decorum in a sales meeting for saying a "bad" word in mixed company.   You should have been in the room at my "exit" interview!   :smokin:

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

BassWrangler

Probably a good thing I am not in the Corp world today.  I had a long history of telling The Office of Personnel and later known as "HR" to piss up a rope.  I once told an old hag in HR to GFHS when I was called on the carpet for a minor break of decorum in a sales meeting for saying a "bad" word in mixed company.   You should have been in the room at my "exit" interview!   :smokin:

I am eagerly awaiting retirement. I need to come up with a really good opus. Something that other employees will look back on and think "Now THAT guy got fired".

Offline goatprairie

Hey, it worked for that guy...what's his name?... Barack Obama. From "community organizer" to senator to president. Now worth over by some estimates 100 million.
Why can't lightning strike twice say future community organizers armed with degrees in social justice. Who needs an Ivy League degree to be a community organizer?