Author Topic: Army Prioritizes Climate Change as ‘Serious Threat’ to National Security  (Read 281 times)

rangerrebew

Army Prioritizes Climate Change as ‘Serious Threat’ to National Security
By Caroline Downey

May 17, 2021 9:24 PM

In a memo released Friday, the U.S. Army announced that it now classifies climate change as a “serious threat to U.S. national security interests and defense objectives.” The statement subsequently signaled the military’s intention to prioritize combatting climate change with new risk analyses, threat projections, installation and natural-resource planning, supply-chain procurement considerations, and general strategy.

The statement added that the effects of climate change can induce “humanitarian disasters, undermine weak governments and contribute to long-term social and economic disruptions.”

“The Army has a lot to be proud of, yet there is a lot of work to continue to operate efficiently across extreme weather and climate conditions,” the memo read.

To prepare for and mitigate the fallout from the Earth’s warming, the Army plans to conduct “in-depth assessments of likely climate change effects on the Army’s worldwide missions,” while also working to “lead the way in technology development for tactical vehicles that balances increased capability with decreased climate impacts.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/army-prioritizes-climate-change-as-serious-threat-to-national-security/

rangerrebew

I thought getting lots of trannies to enlist was most important.  Or was it gay women?  Or was it changing the PT requirements for women?  But I thought there were no sexes anymore in the military,  everyone was completely equal.?  So how can they have different requirements for people who don't even exist.  Whoa, I now that I think about it, they stood down the entire military to get white people out of the military because they are a bigger threat than members who have been part of antifa or BLM. :shrug:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
How will the Army "fight" climate change...?

By firing shells into the atmosphere?

Or perhaps by attacking coal-fired power plants?

Or by invading coal towns?