Author Topic: Senate panels to release Jan. 6 Capitol security report in June  (Read 121 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate panels to release Jan. 6 Capitol security report in June
By Jordain Carney - 05/19/21 03:25 PM EDT

A pair of Senate panels investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol will release a report, including recommendations for how to improve security, early next month.

The Senate Rules Committee and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee are aiming to release the report on June 7 or 8, the first few days after the Memorial Day recess, two senators told The Hill. The date for releasing the report has not been publicly released or previously reported.

"I've been telling people that the first week we're back," said Sen. Roy Blunt (Mo.), the top Republican on the Rules Committee. "I think the 8th. I think we decided ... to get it out that first day we were back is hard."

Sen. John Thune (S.D.), the No. 2 GOP senator, predicted it would come out on June 7.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/554403-senate-panels-to-release-jan-6-capitol-security-report-in-june
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34