Author Topic: House Dem group proposes $200M permanent military force for the US Capitol  (Read 896 times)

rangerrebew

House Dem group proposes $200M permanent military force for the US Capitol
The U.S. Capitol Building. (Kent Nishimura / Los Angeles Times/TNS)
May 14, 2021 Laura Widener

House Democrats revealed a $1.9 billion spending bill on Friday that would bolster security at the U.S. Capitol with a number of changes, including $200 million for a dedicated, permanent “quick reaction force” in the DC National Guard.

House Appropriations Committee Chair Rep. Rosa DeLauro introduced the bill, saying, “This emergency supplemental appropriation addresses the direct costs of the insurrection and strengthens Capitol security for the future. It is also long overdue recognition of the work of the Capitol Police, the sacrifices that they and their families have made, and the changes they need.”

Aside from the $200 million quick reaction force, the bill includes:

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/05/house-dem-group-proposes-200m-permanent-military-force-for-the-us-capitol/

rangerrebew

A Civil War, 2 World Wars, Korea, Viet Nam, never ending middle east wars and now some chickensh*t democrats want military protection? :thud:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think they should use the 69th Transgender Brigade to protect the politicians. They can just bitch-slap anyone who threatens a pol,since they won't want any of those "icky guns".

They won't need guns,anyhow. They will be able to kill you with a look.

If they do,I predict the phrase,"You bet your ass!" will once again become popular.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:08:30 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

BassWrangler

I think they should use the 69th Transgender Brigade to protect the politicians. They can just bitch-slap anyone who threatens a pol,since they won't want any of those "icky guns".

They won't need guns,anyhow. They will be able to kill you with a look.

If they do,I predict the phrase,"You bet your ass!" will once again become popular.

I second this motion.

Offline RetBobbyMI

So what is the DC Palace National Guard for then ?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
You knew this was gonna be the plan from the moment the first fences and barbed wire went up.

The Capitol is now communist territory.
They ain't givin' it up.
Well, not without a fight...

Offline libertybele

A Civil War, 2 World Wars, Korea, Viet Nam, never ending middle east wars and now some chickensh*t democrats want military protection? :thud:

Indeed and they ARE the cause of all that ails us!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Indeed and they ARE the cause of all that ails us!!

@libertybele

They,and the RINO's are the cause of this,and know it. That's why they need the army,barbed wire,and fences to keep the Americans away.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!