Author Topic: Without Trump, House Republicans huddle in Florida on 2022 messaging strategy  (Read 186 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Without Trump, House Republicans huddle in Florida on 2022 messaging strategy
by Susan Ferrechio, Chief Congressional Correspondent |
 | April 25, 2021 05:38 PM

ORLANDO — Former President Donald Trump may be one of the most important influencers in the 2022 election, but House Republicans are huddling without him in his home state of Florida as they craft a message that can help them win back the majority next year.

Lawmakers gathered in Orlando beginning on Sunday for an annual, three-day issues conference to help chart a course on messaging and policy priorities for the next 18 months.

There will be no pep talk from the former GOP president, who helped create a schism within the party on what role, if any, Trump should play in the party's and House Republican's efforts to regain power.

Trump, who lives about a 2 1/2-hour drive south at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, is not attending, GOP leaders said last week. Instead, conservative talk show host and Daily Wire founder Ben Shapiro will serve as the keynote speaker for the event, which is hosted by the Congressional Institute.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/house-republicans-huddle-on-messaging-strategy-without-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Interesting. I'm not surprised as I have thought that there may be the possibility that Trump will decide to fade away and fully get back to the civilian lifestyle he had before he served as president. 

The left put him through the hell. Why would he want to go back to all the headaches and b.s.??   

I hope the GOP and Republican voters realize that they will not gain seats in 2022 unless they fix election integrity.  Huddling to come up with a message strategy is an absolute waste of time otherwise.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.