Author Topic: Politico: John Cornyn Willing to Find ‘Common Ground’ on Gun Control  (Read 441 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Politico: John Cornyn Willing to Find ‘Common Ground’ on Gun Control

AWR Hawkins 20 Apr 2021

Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) is reportedly talking to Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) and is willing to search out “common ground” for gun control.

Politico noted Cornyn was not comfortable supporting the current universal background check gun control proposals Democrats have put forward but could be open to more narrow offers.

Cornyn mentioned having “quiet conversations” with Murphy for the purposes of “[finding] common ground.”

Murphy also reached out to Sen. Mike Braun (R-IN). Politico observed Braun “said that he’d be open to a narrower attempt, but not the kind of comprehensive legislation Democrats want.”

WAVE 3 TV indicated Braun came out in favor of “better background checks” and a red flag law in August 2019. His support for the gun control measures came after Indiana adopted a red flag law at the state level.

Despite the red flag law, Indiana witnessed a high profile, mass public attack at a FedEx facility on April 15, 2021.

Colorado has a red flag law and universal background checks, yet the state witnessed a high profile, mass public attack at a Boulder grocery store on March 22, 2021.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2021/04/20/politico-john-cornyn-willing-find-common-ground-gun-control/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

I really hated having to hold my nose and voting for this puke.

Never Again!

Offline skeeter

Here’s common ground - how about focusing on those who commit crimes with firearms and leave the rest of us alone?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Never Again!

Couldn't do it!  And never will again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"John Cornyn Willing to Find ‘Common Ground’ on Gun Control"

What this REALLY means:
"John Cornyn willing to sell us out on gun control..."

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Title:
"John Cornyn Willing to Find ‘Common Ground’ on Gun Control"

What this REALLY means:
"John Cornyn willing to sell us out on gun control..."

:yowsa: Exactly!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Cornyn knows this is his last 6 year gig and is trying to leave a legacy of ineptness as Texas Senator.

He has done little to further the conservative cause in years, most recently his approval of Merrick Garland.

Cornyn voted to confirm Garland based in part on his confidence that Garland will take an apolitical approach to running the Justice department.

“Merrick Garland has served with distinction in the Department of Justice for a long, long time before he became a judge. He’s got a good reputation as a judge,” Cornyn said in a conference call with reporters. “And I told him I had one criterion: I wanted to see politics excised from the Department of Justice, and I wanted to see the law enforced as Congress has written it and not pick favorites. And he said he agreed with that.”

Either Cornyn is unbelievably naïve or is lying.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Cornyn knows this is his last 6 year gig and is trying to leave a legacy of ineptness as Texas Senator.

He has done little to further the conservative cause in years, most recently his approval of Merrick Garland.

Cornyn voted to confirm Garland based in part on his confidence that Garland will take an apolitical approach to running the Justice department.

“Merrick Garland has served with distinction in the Department of Justice for a long, long time before he became a judge. He’s got a good reputation as a judge,” Cornyn said in a conference call with reporters. “And I told him I had one criterion: I wanted to see politics excised from the Department of Justice, and I wanted to see the law enforced as Congress has written it and not pick favorites. And he said he agreed with that.”

Either Cornyn is unbelievably naïve or is lying.

I vote "lying."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
I can find common ground.

No gun control.   Don't like guns, don't buy one.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline bilo

Never Again!

I think we've all learned this lesson. We need fighters. These folks that seek "common ground" are the ones who surrender to the leftists.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

One of the things I know about guns is, as my wife and I are discussing retiring and moving one criteria is we only want to move to one of the 20 states that allow open/conceal carry without a permit.

An armed society is not only a polite society, but it is a safe society. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home