Author Topic: One Word Defines How the U.S. Military Would Beat China in a War  (Read 250 times)

rangerrebew

March 28, 2021

One Word Defines How the U.S. Military Would Beat China in a War

Robots, mini-air drones, surrogate armored combat vehicles, long-range missiles, cross-country satellite networking, and super high-speed, artificial-intelligence-enabled computing, oh my!
by Kris Osborn

Success in massive, great power, multi-domain war may in coming years come down to a simple word. Speed.

While of course seemingly reductive to a degree, the force with an ability to process, share and decisively act upon key, time-sensitive target data and warfare information, is certainly likely to prevail. If an approaching mechanized armored force is able to receive information on enemy force activity and location from satellites, drones, aircraft or even Navy ships—and have the long-range precision weaponry to decisively strike—well before they are themselves able to be targeted, they are of course likely to prevail.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/one-word-defines-how-us-military-would-beat-china-war-181276

BassWrangler

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: One Word Defines How the U.S. Military Would Beat China in a War
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 10:25:43 pm »
Bass, those two pics say it all.
The only possible way the USA could "beat" China would be with a total, pre-emptive nuclear strike.
(We'd still endure heavy casualties, but I think we could prevail)

Other than that, if war comes, we're toast.

BassWrangler

Re: One Word Defines How the U.S. Military Would Beat China in a War
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 11:22:33 pm »
Bass, those two pics say it all.
The only possible way the USA could "beat" China would be with a total, pre-emptive nuclear strike.
(We'd still endure heavy casualties, but I think we could prevail)

Other than that, if war comes, we're toast.

I think we could catch back up, and restore the balance of power, but not with Democrats in office and not with crushing national debt.