Author Topic: Special Forces deploy to Mozambique to help against ISIS  (Read 267 times)

rangerrebew

Special Forces deploy to Mozambique to help against ISIS
« on: March 28, 2021, 02:56:20 pm »

Special Forces deploy to Mozambique to help against ISIS

Stavros Atlamazoglou | March 24, 2021

The Pentagon has sent Special Forces teams in Mozambique to train the country’s security forces against an insurgent terrorist threat.

The Green Berets from the 3rd Special Forces Group have deployed in the African country to train the country’s special operations forces in counterterrorism and counterinsurgency. Their Joint Combined Exchange Training (JCET) is expected to last two months.

Located in the north of Mozambique, the Cabo Delgado province has been plagued by Islamist terrorists affiliated with the Islamic State. Close to 700,000 people have been displaced because of their wanton violence. Their brutal practices include torture, rape, and the killing of those who oppose them; according to the aid group “Save the Children,” beheadings of people, including small children, are common. More than 2,000 people have died thus far.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/special-forces-deploy-to-mozambique-to-help-against-isis/

Offline skeeter

Re: Special Forces deploy to Mozambique to help against ISIS
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 03:11:00 pm »
I see Obama is getting the band back together.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 06:29:08 pm »
I see Obama is getting the band back together.
@skeeter

There is nothing new about this. The 3rd SFG has always had Africa as it's "target area". I was in the 3rd in 64 when some tribe created a huge uprising,and the "natives" had moved into Stanleyville and were bar-b-queing white nuns in the streets. Sat out at Pope Airfield for a couple of days in civilian clothes next to my "go bag" and a parachute,waiting for the word to load up and jump into Africa to restore order.

Didn't happen,though. It was decided to send in the French Foreign Legion instead,which was a pretty smart move. African tribes had previous experiences with the FFL,when they saw those camouflaged french fatigues wearing parachutes floating out of the sky,they all seemed to hear their mamas calling them home for dinner,and 
 Do NOT confuse the FFL with the regular French Army. Entirely different critters,with entirely different mindsets and rules.

What *I* gained out of that experience was the knowledge that I had a passport. Seems like the plan was for us to jump in as mercenaries,not US Army troops. Thus the civilian passports and clothes.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 06:30:52 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 06:38:06 pm »
@skeeter

There is nothing new about this. The 3rd SFG has always had Africa as it's "target area". I was in the 3rd in 64 when some tribe created a huge uprising,and the "natives" had moved into Stanleyville and were bar-b-queing white nuns in the streets. Sat out at Pope Airfield for a couple of days in civilian clothes next to my "go bag" and a parachute,waiting for the word to load up and jump into Africa to restore order.

Didn't happen,though. It was decided to send in the French Foreign Legion instead,which was a pretty smart move. African tribes had previous experiences with the FFL,when they saw those camouflaged french fatigues wearing parachutes floating out of the sky,they all seemed to hear their mamas calling them home for dinner,and 
 Do NOT confuse the FFL with the regular French Army. Entirely different critters,with entirely different mindsets and rules.

What *I* gained out of that experience was the knowledge that I had a passport. Seems like the plan was for us to jump in as mercenaries,not US Army troops. Thus the civilian passports and clothes.

IIRC a lot of former Waffen SS soldiers joined the FFL after WWII,  smart move on their part, I guess.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 06:38:56 pm »
@skeeter

The band I was talking about is ISIS and the Haymakers, not SFG. Obama is their road manager.

And YOU need to write a book. I’d buy it!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 06:39:51 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 06:41:51 pm »
IIRC a lot of former Waffen SS soldiers joined the FFL after WWII,  smart move on their part, I guess.

@dfwgator

Yup,as well as a bunch of America combat vets who were adrenaline junkies looking for a "fix". Africa was the place to find it in the 50's and 60's,and the FFL was the place to be.

BTW,I don't know how true this is,but I remember hearing stories about the FFL jump masters giving the jump commands in German during the 50's and 60's.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 06:44:18 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 06:49:29 pm »

The band I was talking about is ISIS and the Haymakers, not SFG. Obama is their road manager.

@skeeter

Yeah,I understood that,but I was addressing the thread title which stated "Re: Special Forces deploy to Mozambique to help"

And YOU need to write a book. I’d buy it!

Don't have the patience. Besides,most everything I experienced has already been written about by someone else that was there.

I am mentioned by my actual name in one book written by a friend of mine that was awarded the MoH in VN (actually Laos,but we ain't telling!).

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 06:55:51 pm »
@skeeter

Yeah,I understood that,but I was addressing the thread title which stated "Re: Special Forces deploy to Mozambique to help"

Don't have the patience. Besides,most everything I experienced has already been written about by someone else that was there.

I am mentioned by my actual name in one book written by a friend of mine that was awarded the MoH in VN (actually Laos,but we ain't telling!).
Who writes their own books these days? Find a major in literature who's looking to be published, buy a case of a halfway decent double IPA and just sit back and dictate. Seriously there's always a willing audience for that kind of stuff.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2021, 07:02:27 pm »
Who writes their own books these days? Find a major in literature who's looking to be published, buy a case of a halfway decent double IPA and just sit back and dictate. Seriously there's always a willing audience for that kind of stuff.

@skeeter

That's just not me.
Besides,I have never felt any need for any special recognition,or ever thought that I did anything that deserved any special recognition. Not being modest here,being truthful.

I did witness a lot of spectacular stuff done by others,but those are THEIR stories to tell,not mine.