Author Topic: Today's D Brief: Afghan withdrawal update; Taliban reax; Escalation in Taiwan, Yemen; SOF under the  (Read 150 times)

rangerrebew

Today's D Brief: Afghan withdrawal update; Taliban reax; Escalation in Taiwan, Yemen; SOF under the microscope; And a bit more.
By Ben Watson and Kevin Baron
March 26, 2021 10:44 AM ET

The D Brief

The U.S. will probably remove all of its troops from Afghanistan this year, President Joe Biden declared Thursday in his first press conference since taking office in January.

But don’t expect that withdrawal by the May 1 deadline outlined in a peace agreement the Trump White House signed with the Taliban 13 months ago in Qatar. “We will leave. The question is when we leave,” Biden said, later citing “tactical reasons” that make it “hard to get those troops out.”

When asked if the U.S. will have troops in Afghanistan in 2022, Biden said, “I can’t picture that being the case.” But much will hinge on what Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin have learned in ongoing discussions with NATO allies and the Afghan government.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2021/03/the-d-brief-march-26-2021/172949/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Pedo Joe is unable to give a straight up answer on anything.  More than his mushy brain is on parade.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.