Author Topic: Michelle Obama talks about recent struggles with depression and mental health  (Read 365 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michelle Obama talks about recent struggles with depression and mental health

“Depression is understandable during these times,” the former first lady told People magazine.
By
Joseph Guzman | March 10, 2021

Story at a glance

Michelle Obama spoke about her struggles with “low-grade depression,” during the challenges of 2020.
    “We had the continued killing of Black men at the hands of police. Just seeing the video of George Floyd, experiencing that eight minutes. That’s a lot to take on, not to mention being in the middle of a quarantine,” she told the magazine.
    Studies have shown that the COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on Americans’ mental health.

Former first lady Michelle Obama recently opened up about her struggle with what she described as “low-grade depression” during the challenging events of 2020.

Last year brought an unprecedented global pandemic, a nationwide reckoning with racial injustice and police brutality, and a tense presidential election.

more
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/mental-health/542585-michelle-obama-talks-about-recent-struggles-with
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FTA

The former first lady’s comments on mental health come after she first acknowledged dealing with depression in an episode of her podcast in September. She blamed, in part, the Trump administration’s response to the several crises for her depression.

Prove it, bitch.  Let's see the medical records, let's see the doctor's notes.  I am so sick and tired of this bullshit.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
FTA

Prove it, bitch.  Let's see the medical records, let's see the doctor's notes.  I am so sick and tired of this bullshit.

Her remarks on the George Floyd death just prior to the 'trial' come across as a license to riot/burn it down in the event there is any verdict other than "guilty".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
FTA

Dittos. The liberal insanity continues.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.