Author Topic: Al Asad Missile Attack Nearly Killed 150 US Troops, Destroyed 30 Aircraft: Report  (Read 423 times)

rangerrebew

Al Asad Missile Attack Nearly Killed 150 US Troops, Destroyed 30 Aircraft: Report

1 Mar 2021
Military.com | By Gina Harkins

Army Maj. Alan Johnson recorded a video message to his son hours before Iran began attacking Al Asad Airbase in Iraq.

"Hey buddy," Johnson said in the emotional video he recorded for his son on Jan. 8, 2020, which 60 Minutes aired Sunday night. "If you're seeing this video, some bad things happened to dad last night, so I need you to be strong, OK? For mom. And just always know in your heart that I love you."

The Defense Department on Monday released newly declassified footage of the ballistic missile strikes on Al Asad last year. The Jan. 8 2020 attack was retaliation for a U.S. drone strike five days earlier that had killed Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani, the head of Iran's elite Quds force.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/03/01/al-asad-missile-attack-nearly-killed-150-us-troops-destroyed-30-aircraft-report.html

Offline PeteS in CA

... Nearly Killed 150 US Troops ...

I'm sure TBR has one or more threads about this rocket attack, now over a year ago. Something that didn't happen a year ago is now considered "news" by SeeBS? How much time have SeeBS and 60 Minutiae spent covering actual news, like Cuomo nursing home scandal revelations and Cuomo's serial sexual harassment?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Al Asad Missile Attack Nearly Killed 150 US Troops, Destroyed 30 Aircraft: Report

1 Mar 2021
Military.com | By Gina Harkins

Army Maj. Alan Johnson recorded a video message to his son hours before Iran began attacking Al Asad Airbase in Iraq.

"Hey buddy," Johnson said in the emotional video he recorded for his son on Jan. 8, 2020, which 60 Minutes aired Sunday night. "If you're seeing this video, some bad things happened to dad last night, so I need you to be strong, OK? For mom. And just always know in your heart that I love you."

The Defense Department on Monday released newly declassified footage of the ballistic missile strikes on Al Asad last year. The Jan. 8 2020 attack was retaliation for a U.S. drone strike five days earlier that had killed Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani, the head of Iran's elite Quds force.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2021/03/01/al-asad-missile-attack-nearly-killed-150-us-troops-destroyed-30-aircraft-report.html

@rangerrebew

Those were some seriously accurate missile strikes if they caused that many deaths and that much destruction. HTH was that even possible?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm sure TBR has one or more threads about this rocket attack, now over a year ago. Something that didn't happen a year ago is now considered "news" by SeeBS? How much time have SeeBS and 60 Minutiae spent covering actual news, like Cuomo nursing home scandal revelations and Cuomo's serial sexual harassment?

@PeteS in CA

You make some excellent political points. Thanks for reminding me.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@rangerrebew

Those were some seriously accurate missile strikes if they caused that many deaths and that much destruction. HTH was that even possible?
"Nearly killed"?

I don't think that is the same thing as "killed".
In a March 3, 2021 article https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rockets-strike-al-asad-airbase-iraq-hosting-us-troops/

At least 10 rockets targeted a military base in western Iraq that hosts about 2,000 U.S. troops on Wednesday, American and Iraqi military officials said. A U.S. defense official told CBS News national security correspondent David Martin there were no reported casualties among U.S. or coalition troops, but one American civilian contractor, who had taken cover in a bunker on the base, died of a heart attack during the rocket strike.

Describing the attack following the Solemani strike:
"Dozens of US Service members suffered concussions..."

In neither incident were US service personnel reported as KIA.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:30:54 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

The deep state and their media toads are really dying to get us back into a Middle East quagmire aren’t they.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The deep state and their media toads are really dying to get us back into a Middle East quagmire aren’t they.
They've had four years of thin kickbacks, and no doubt the lobbyists are pushing hard.

Ike was Right...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Nearly killed"?

I don't think that is the same thing as "killed".
In a March 3, 2021 article https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rockets-strike-al-asad-airbase-iraq-hosting-us-troops/

Describing the attack following the Solemani strike:
"Dozens of US Service members suffered concussions..."

In neither incident were US service personnel reported as KIA.

@Smokin Joe

I stand corrected. Thank you!

I read "nearly killed" as "killed nearly". My fault.