Author Topic: Biden’s HHS Nominee Xavier Becerra Falsely Claimed He Never Sued Nuns Over Abortion Coverage  (Read 237 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden’s HHS Nominee Xavier Becerra Falsely Claimed He Never Sued Nuns Over Abortion Coverage
February 24, 2021 By Tristan Justice

President Joe Biden’s nominee for secretary of Health and Human Services, California Attorney General Xavier Becerra, lied before Senate lawmakers Wednesday, claiming he had never sued nuns.

“I have never sued the nuns, any nuns,” Becerra testified before the Senate Finance Committee. “I’ve never sued any affiliation of nuns, and my actions have always been directed at the federal agencies.”

As California attorney general, however, Becerra weaponized the full power of the administrative state to sue the Little Sisters of the Poor, a religious order of nuns who run homes for the elderly poor, to mandate compliance with Obamacare’s contraceptive mandate.

The case, State of California v. Little Sisters of the Poor, made it to the Ninth Circuit in 2017. The Supreme Court sided with the nuns in a similar case in 2017, according to Fox News.

In 2017, Becerra railed against the Trump administration’s effort to exempt nuns from Obamacare’s anti-religious freedom mandate.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/02/24/bidens-hhs-nominee-xavier-becerra-falsely-claimed-he-never-sued-nuns-over-abortion-coverage/#.YDbBNsasAjg.twitter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Now you know shes a genuine democrat, she acts like one, talks like one, walks the walk and loves to lie.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 05:03:08 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions