Author Topic: BREAKING>>> Rush has passed  (Read 6572 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: BREAKING>>> Rush has passed
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2021, 05:42:11 am »
Newsmax
@newsmax

MCENANY: 'I am the definition of a 'Rush Baby'' http://ow.ly/DzJt50DD2NQ

5:00 PM · Feb 17, 2021·Hootsuite Inc.

https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/1362159940060803077

« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2021, 05:59:26 am »
Kathryn Adams Limbaugh on Our Beloved Rush
Feb 17, 2021

KATHRYN: Hello, everyone. I know that I am most certainly not the Limbaugh that you tuned in to listen to today. I, like you, very much wish Rush was behind this golden microphone right now, welcoming you to another exceptional three hours of broadcasting. For over 32 years, Rush has cherished you, his loyal audience, and always looked forward to every single show.

It is with profound sadness I must share with you directly that our beloved Rush — my wonderful husband — passed away this morning due to complications from lung cancer. As so many of you know, losing a loved one is terribly difficult, even more so when that loved one is larger than life.

Rush will forever be the greatest of all time. Rush was an extraordinary man, a gentle giant — brilliant, quick witted, genuinely kind, extremely generous, passionate, courageous, and the hardest working person I know. Despite being one of the most recognized, powerful people in the world, Rush never let the success change his core or beliefs.

He was polite and respectful to everyone he met. Even most recently when he was not feeling well in the hospital, he was so appreciative to every single doctor and nurse and custodian and first responder. He never wanted to put anyone out, and always thanked them profusely for their help.

From today on, there will be a tremendous void in our lives — and, of course, on the radio. Rush loved our miraculous country beyond measure, an unwavering patriot, he loved our United States military, our flag, our Constitution, our Founding Fathers. He proudly fought and defended conservative values in a way that no one else can.

Rush often stood up and took arrows on his own because he knew it was the right thing to do. Rush encouraged so many of us to think for ourselves, to learn and to lead. He often said it did not matter where you started or what you look like. As Americans, we all have endless opportunities like nowhere else in the world.

Rush gave us hope that through hard work and determination, we can overcome the obstacles in our lives and be our best. Many of you started small businesses or pursued personal dreams because Rush gave you the faith that you could. He made the most complex issues simple to understand, while making that level of genius look easy. It most certainly was anything but easy. Irreplicable, remarkable talent.

On behalf of the Limbaugh family, I would like to personally thank each and every one of you that prayed for Rush and inspired him to keep going. You rallied around Rush and lifted him up when he needed you the most.

I am certain, without a shadow of a doubt, if he could be here today, he would be. He loved you and he loved this radio program with every part of his being. Instead, we know our Rush is in heaven, encouraging us in the same way he always did on earth. Rush’s love for our country and belief that our best days are ahead live on eternally.

In Rush’s honor, may we all continue Rush’s mission in our individual lives and communities. I know all of you listening are terribly sad. We all are. I’m terribly sorry to have to deliver this news to you. God bless you, Rush, and God bless our country.

Audio:  https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2021/02/17/kathryn-adams-limbaugh-on-our-beloved-rush/

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2021, 06:04:01 am »
I listened to Rush out of Peoria, Il. before he went nation wide syndicated.  He was excellent then and continued to get better and better.  I Even called in and got on the radio with him.  Rush struggled against the liberal establishment even back then and he even got fired a time or two, as he liked to tell.  'Like' growing up in a gang neighborhood, Rush had a hard start, but as excellent shines through, he just did better and better.  When you fight for right, you draw a lot of fire from the debris, much like Reagan and Rush did.  His tough struggle is over, may God hold him tenderly in the palm of his hand. 
 :amen: :patriot: :amen:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2021, 09:03:01 am »
I'm just getting this news--it has been another busy day. I listened to Rush during the Clinton Administration, on oil rigs back before we were drilling horizontal wells, when the bartender would have stopped serving you if you had suggested what we now do in the Bakken and other formations in the Williston Basin as a matter of course. He would have stopped serving you, too, if you had suggested America would be where it is today, that a presidential election would have been stolen, that when we have the capability to be energy independent that gasoline prices would have soared 60 cents per gallon in two months since that Usurper took office, that the President of the United States would be denied the use of media platforms, or that rioters in major cities throughout the US would be backed by the Democrat Party, now largely and unapologetically Marxist, and loot and burn and even murder without consequence.

We;re just getting started on this slippery slope, folks, and I for one, do not know what will stop it. We can't wait four years and the GOP we have is an unreliable instrument for ending this headlong plunge into the abyss. I am open to suggestions...

But this wasn't to be about that, rather, about Rush, who made a lot of people who were not paying attention more fully aware what was going on then, and even now. He will be missed as a great voice for America, and though there are many more voices, none yet has the following Rush did.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2021, 01:15:57 pm »
Thanks for that...I have been crying all day. I loved Rush as most of you know since I posted his daily transcripts here.

God Speed El'Rushbo :crying:

Those transcripts were a perfect illustration of just how iconic Rush was.  Even just reading his words, you could hear him saying them ... you knew what tone of voice, inflection, timing, etc., he would use if you had heard it live.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2021, 01:36:37 pm »
I'm gonna miss him dearly. An incredible warrior for Conservatives everywhere.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2021, 03:35:59 pm »
David Limbaugh  @DavidLimbaugh
Im not ready to speak yet but I Im so proud of my amazing, loving brother. Thousands of you have shared how much he meant to you. My brother was the real deal. I can’t describe how sad I am but also how proud I am of my big brother. I love and adore you Rush. Thank you all.
10:50 PM · Feb 17, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2021, 03:42:23 pm »
Bo Snerdley
@BoSnerdley
·
13h
My thanks to all of you kind souls who have offered prayers, condolences, and love during this incredibly painful time. Kathryn, @DavidLimbaugh
 the entire Limbaugh family and my dear friend @seanhannity
 and his crew who are like family to us.

RushLove.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2021, 03:52:23 pm »
I'm just getting this news--it has been another busy day. I listened to Rush during the Clinton Administration, on oil rigs back before we were drilling horizontal wells, when the bartender would have stopped serving you if you had suggested what we now do in the Bakken and other formations in the Williston Basin as a matter of course. He would have stopped serving you, too, if you had suggested America would be where it is today, that a presidential election would have been stolen, that when we have the capability to be energy independent that gasoline prices would have soared 60 cents per gallon in two months since that Usurper took office, that the President of the United States would be denied the use of media platforms, or that rioters in major cities throughout the US would be backed by the Democrat Party, now largely and unapologetically Marxist, and loot and burn and even murder without consequence.

We;re just getting started on this slippery slope, folks, and I for one, do not know what will stop it. We can't wait four years and the GOP we have is an unreliable instrument for ending this headlong plunge into the abyss. I am open to suggestions...

But this wasn't to be about that, rather, about Rush, who made a lot of people who were not paying attention more fully aware what was going on then, and even now. He will be missed as a great voice for America, and though there are many more voices, none yet has the following Rush did.

His passing leaves a great big hole in the daily routines for millions of us. Like looking out your front window and noticing a great big tree you've been looking at for decades is gone.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2021, 03:56:42 pm »
His passing leaves a great big hole in the daily routines for millions of us. Like looking out your front window and noticing a great big tree you've been looking at for decades is gone.

I sure agree.  How many of us have said through the years....   After the morning news hit.....   How is Rush going to report and explain it?
That is why the MSM hated him so badly.  He'd wade through their muck of disinformation, and tell it like it was. 

Losing Rush on talk radio,, was like Johnny Carson leaving late night TV.....   Can not be replaced, or replicated. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2021, 04:46:26 pm »
For 28 years, I've had a date with Rush Limbaugh every weekday at 11 a.m. (Central). I didn't have perfect attendance, but I had excellent attendance. I felt comforted to hear the music start, knowing I was entering a place where my passions and POV were shared. I knew I'd be the beneficiary of his wisdom and information. Plus, I wanted to make sure the brilliant analyses swirling around in my own head were confirmed by Rush.

Today I dread hearing the music. I have my box of Kleenex at the ready.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2021, 05:18:52 pm »
I turned on the Rush Limbaugh show today as normal, but had to turn it off after less than 5 minutes after tearing up.  Memories came flooding back of listening to him through every major event that's happened in the last 20+ years and waiting to hear his take on them.

May God comfort the Limbaugh family...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2021, 05:27:17 pm »
I sure agree.  How many of us have said through the years....   After the morning news hit.....   How is Rush going to report and explain it?
That is why the MSM hated him so badly.  He'd wade through their muck of disinformation, and tell it like it was. 

Losing Rush on talk radio,, was like Johnny Carson leaving late night TV.....   Can not be replaced, or replicated.

Absolutely.   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2021, 05:40:14 pm »
Tuning in now ... it's just never going to be the same.  He impacted so many lives and gave advice.  They're playing sound clips from the past.   :crying:

I don't know who they are going to select to replace him, or even if they're going to.

RIP Rush.  RIP.  Much love to his family.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2021, 05:42:22 pm »
David Limbaugh  @DavidLimbaugh
Im not ready to speak yet but I Im so proud of my amazing, loving brother. Thousands of you have shared how much he meant to you. My brother was the real deal. I can’t describe how sad I am but also how proud I am of my big brother. I love and adore you Rush. Thank you all.
10:50 PM · Feb 17, 2021·

:crying: :crying:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2021, 06:01:05 pm »
Tried to tune in today, expecting Mark Steyn and see it's the very capable Todd Hermann.

Have a lump in my throat the size of a grapefruit.

Life just isn't fair.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2021, 06:04:29 pm »
Tried to tune in today, expecting Mark Steyn and see it's the very capable Todd Hermann.

Have a lump in my throat the size of a grapefruit.

Life just isn't fair.

I tried listening and tearing up .... no dang it, life definitely isn't air.

I like both Steyn and Hermann; but Hermann has sat in for Rush a lot more recently. Neither can compare of course to the one and only great Rush Limbaugh.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2021, 07:30:08 pm »
Bo Snerdley @BoSnerdley

So I will get back to posting news stories tomorrow. Sorry been so lean today and yesterday. Tonight I will join my dear friend @seanhannity

I just can't stop crying. It comes in waves -often unexpectedly.   Heartbroken.
12:37 PM · Feb 18, 2021·

8888crybaby
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2021, 08:02:36 pm »
I tried listening and tearing up .... no dang it, life definitely isn't air.

I like both Steyn and Hermann; but Hermann has sat in for Rush a lot more recently. Neither can compare of course to the one and only great Rush Limbaugh.

I didn't even try to listen. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2021, 08:43:09 pm »
David Limbaugh
@DavidLimbaugh

10:50 PM · Feb 17, 2021·Tweetbot for iΟS

https://twitter.com/DavidLimbaugh/status/1362248074425434112

Offline verga

« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2021, 08:53:07 pm »
I turned on the Rush Limbaugh show today as normal, but had to turn it off after less than 5 minutes after tearing up.  Memories came flooding back of listening to him through every major event that's happened in the last 20+ years and waiting to hear his take on them.

May God comfort the Limbaugh family...
I was able to get through about 30 minutes, but it was hard.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2021, 11:32:54 pm »
David Limbaugh
@DavidLimbaugh

10:50 PM · Feb 17, 2021·Tweetbot for iΟS

https://twitter.com/DavidLimbaugh/status/1362248074425434112
I have read in the past that being a radio guy in a family of lawyers made Rush constantly feel like he had something to prove to his family. For David to come out and say this, I can't help thinking Rush would be incredibly pleased.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2021, 12:02:49 am »
I have read in the past that being a radio guy in a family of lawyers made Rush constantly feel like he had something to prove to his family. For David to come out and say this, I can't help thinking Rush would be incredibly pleased.

I know that feeling.  Growing up in a family involved in the oil business and here I am...the radio DJ.

Even when I was running my own station for clear channel and we were the #1 station in the market...my dad was asking me when I was going to get a real job.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2021, 12:06:00 am »

Leaving behind a 600 million dollar estate as he has I sincerely hope he got over any feelings of inadequacy long ago.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2021, 12:20:26 am »
Such a shame; we could use his words of wisdom on the horrific stunt Cruz pulled getting out of an ice storm and going to Cancun!  *****rollingeyes*****

We miss you already Rush!