Author Topic: The vaccines will end the pandemic — whether Dr. Fauci likes it or not  (Read 236 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

The vaccines will end the pandemic — whether Dr. Fauci likes it or not

https://nypost.com/2021/02/15/vaccines-will-end-the-pandemic-whether-fauci-likes-it-or-not/

Repeat after me: Vaccines will end the pandemic.

This bears repeating, as some elites seem bent on prolonging restrictions for a long time, perhaps indefinitely. If they have their way, we will wear masks for years, continue to socially distance and never get back to our regular lives.

The sane among us need to make sure none of this transpires.
Come again? The United States is on track to have about 70 percent of the population vaccinated by September. Why would we mask through next year?

The president received his second vaccination shot on Jan. 11. That means it has been more than a month since his final dose. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are considered fully effective two weeks after the second dose. By insisting on masking through next year, Biden is perversely and paradoxically undermining the public ­reception of the vaccine.

Though Karol Markowicz didn't use the term "herd immunity" that is what she refers to in speaking of "70 percent of the population vaccinated". She is actually ignoring the fact that those who have recovered from Covid have naturally acquired immunity. So between those vaccinated and those who have recovered, the US will reach herd immunity earlier than September, 2021. And it won't be like turning on a switch. It is very possible that vaccinations have contributed to the current decline in new cases, and the impact of vaccinations will grow steadily as the population of vaccinated people increases (ditto for the numbers of people who got their immunity by recovering from Covid).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

:silly: So you've been OK for decades with older vaccines that are on the order of 70%-80% effective, but Pfizer and Moderna being 94% effective isn't good enough? :silly:

@Victoria33, still waiting for your evidence that Trump attempted to murder Mike Pence. Or an admission that you made a serious accusation despite having zero evidence.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
?

The vaccine won't be allowed to end the Fake Pandemic.

The Rodents have elections to steal every November.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
@Cyber Liberty

The docs working on this have also said the vaccines are 90-95% effective so that leaves 10 to 5 people out of a hundred getting it even if they are vaccinated. 

Then there are thousands/millions? people like me whose doc says I cannot get the shot as it is too ricky due to bad adverse reactions I get - I am not allowed to get vaccines for anything.  Doc said even if I went to get the shot from somewhere other than the doc's office, they would not give it to me after I answered the questions they ask before giving the shot.  Doc also told my Bob not to let me leave the house and be with people, said it was too dangerous for me.  Right now, I stay home.

Now, forget about me, think of how many are like this in this country?  I know one lady who is also like this - she got a flu shot one year and was taken to the hospital, stayed three days in hospital until her body was normal again.

We are not going to get rid of this disease - people will continue to die and I do not see how that can stop - unless all people who can't take the shot, catch the disease and die - then the disease may stop until all people vaccinated become able to catch it again as their shot defense leaves them and we do not know how long the vaccination protection lasts.

I am writing this to point out no one knows what will happen as time goes on - and that includes the docs as this is new to them.  I do not know and neither do they.

Since 90% of the people the Rodents claim were killed by the Chinese Virus actually died of something else, I'm pretty sure the vaccine isn't going to stop people from dying.   

Especially not when the Rodents have more elections to steal somehow, and have to keep the morons that voted for them terrified.     

There may be a few people who won't react well to the vaccine.  There are always a few, every time.

Then again, this isn't a particularly deadly virus and there's even effective treatments, so what's the big deal, anyway?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.