Author Topic: Oregon Promotes Program Focused On ‘Dismantling Racism In Mathematics,’ Says Finding The Right Answe  (Read 488 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.dailywire.com/news/oregon-promotes-program-focused-on-dismantling-racism-in-mathematics-says-finding-the-right-answer-a-sign-of-white-supremacy

Oregon Promotes Program Focused On ‘Dismantling Racism In Mathematics,’ Says Finding The Right Answer A Sign Of White Supremacy
Daily Wire
Feb 13, 2021
Ashe Schow

The Oregon Department of Education is promoting a program for teachers that seeks to “disman[tle] racism in mathematics,” alleging that focusing on finding the right answer is a symbol of white supremacy.

Fox News reported that the ODE sent out a newsletter last week that mentions a “Pathway to Math Equity Micro-Course” that will occur on February 21. The course, according to Fox, is designed for middle school teachers to make use of a toolkit for ‘dismantling racism in mathematics.’”

The newsletter encourages teachers to sign up for the training, which the New York Post previously reported includes a section with 14 things associated with “White Supremacy Culture,” including perfectionism, objectivity, and individualism.

Objectivity is described the workbook accompanying the training as “the belief that there is such a thing as being objective or ‘neutral.'” The program’s toolkit also encourages teachers not to focus on a single correct answer, but to “come up with at least two answers that might solve this problem” and to “Challenge standardized test questions by getting the ‘right’ answer, but justify other answers by unpacking the assumptions that are made in the problem.”

The toolkit also asks instructors to “center ethnomathematics” in multiple ways, one of which is to “identify and challenge the ways that math is used to uphold capitalist, imperialist, and racist views.”

More at URL above...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Winston, I'm holding up my hand in front of you.
How many fingers do you see...?

Or... to paraphrase Ms. Rand...
"We can evade learning how to find the right answer. What we cannot evade are the consequences of not learning how to find the right answer..."
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 05:49:26 pm by Fishrrman »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Since one group can not rise up and compete in life the majority must be made to come down to their level.  We will be "Equated"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 05:59:39 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The program’s toolkit also encourages teachers not to focus on a single correct answer, but to “come up with at least two answers that might solve this problem”

This statement highlights the problem the Black racists are having. Math, more than anything on Earth, does not have more than one answer. Therefore, they cannot 'interpret' or fudge the grades, like with an essay or something like that.

Math is discrete. There is only one answer. And that is racist.
Math is racist because it requires a real definitive answer which is either right or wrong. This reality does not fit into the brain of a Liberal where everything is subjective and based on opinion or 'feelings'.

Math doesn't care if you 'believe' or 'feel' that 2X2=4. It simply is what it is. Liberals cannot comprehend concrete reality.
Show me, Liberals. Show me two answers to 2X2=4. LOL! Liberals are the silliest most deluded people on planet Earth.

And the entire world will soon surpass us on every level because the world does not try to control and shape reality.
They accept it for what it is and deal with it. And that is how they will win.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 06:13:13 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

Hopefully, these Oregon Department of Education educrats will live in homes designed by the inepts they graduated and their lives dependent on nurses who are inepts they graduated ("Milligrams and micrograms are the same, right?").
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 06:13:40 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Hopefully, these Oregon Department of Education educrats will live in homes designed by the inepts they graduated and their lives dependent on nurses who are inepts they graduated ("Milligrams and micrograms are the same, right?").
That depends on how you 'feel' or what you 'believe'.
If you 'feel' that you are a woman, then *poof* you are a real actual woman.
If you 'believe' that milligrams and micrograms are the same, then *poof* they are now the same.
To hell with reality. What we feel and believe is 'our' reality.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

We poke fun at stories like this and blast the child like world view of progressives on subjects like this but a generation of kids will now have no chance of competing in an increasingly technical world as a result
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Behind ‘Anti-Racist’ Math Push
Liberal education collective claims asking students to show work is racist
Alex Nester - February 17, 2021 6:33 PM

A radical new push to purge math curricula of allegedly racist practices like showing your work and finding the correct answer is bankrolled by one of the nation's most prominent nonprofits: the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

The Gates Foundation is the only donor mentioned on the homepage of A Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction, a group of 25 education organizations whose curriculum states that asking students to show their work and find the right answer is an inherently racist practice.

Over the past decade, the Gates Foundation has given upward of $140 million to some of the groups behind Pathway, whose antiracist resources are the basis for a new teacher training course offered by the Oregon Department of Education. ...

Unique about Pathway is its focus on mathematics. The group's first guidebook, "Dismantling Racism in Mathematics Instruction," asks teachers to observe how math "is used to uphold capitalist, imperialist, and racist views." Worksheets included in the toolkit ask teachers to create a list of antiracist qualities to cultivate during the school year.  ... More at Free Beacon
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org