Author Topic: Biden's DHS Is Abolishing ICE Without Abolishing ICE  (Read 388 times)

rangerrebew

Biden's DHS Is Abolishing ICE Without Abolishing ICE
« on: February 13, 2021, 05:07:34 pm »

Biden's DHS Is Abolishing ICE Without Abolishing ICE
Officers 'now being told to enforce nothing'
By Andrew R. Arthur on February 10, 2021

The Washington Post ran an article this week captioned "New Biden rules for ICE point to fewer arrests and deportations, and a more restrained agency". That is one way of putting it. I prefer the following quote in the article, from one unnamed "distraught official": "They've abolished ICE without abolishing ICE."

I have already reported on the DHS memorandum of January 20 limiting ICE arrests to three specified "priorities": spies and terrorists; aliens who entered illegally on or after November 1; and aliens released from incarceration on or after the date of that memorandum who have been convicted of "aggravated felonies", as defined in section 101(a)(43) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

As a fig leaf, that memorandum notes that "nothing in this memorandum prohibits the apprehension or detention of individuals unlawfully in the United States who are not identified as priorities herein." Note, however, aliens lawfully admitted who are removable, for say, sexual abuse of a minor (an aggravated felony) are not "unlawfully in the United States" until they have been ordered removed.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Bidens-DHS-Abolishing-ICE-Without-Abolishing-ICE

Offline mikezpen

Re: Biden's DHS Is Abolishing ICE Without Abolishing ICE
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 06:31:51 pm »
You knew they w/either emasculate ICE or eliminate it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 07:39:35 pm »
You knew they w/either emasculate ICE or eliminate it.

"With Either?"  What is w/either mean?

@mikezpen
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 01:37:55 am »
ICE will soon be restricted to the old Obama Policy:

Arresting and deporting only white refugees from Christian Europe.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 07:22:26 am »
"With Either?"  What is w/either mean?

@mikezpen

w/either =will either. My shorthand

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 03:39:50 pm »
w/either =will either. My shorthand

You will find it easier to communicate with others if you don't make up your own abbreviations.

Acronym   
W/

Definition
With

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/W%2F
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 03:44:31 pm »
You will find it easier to communicate with others if you don't make up your own abbreviations.

Acronym   
W/

Definition
With

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/W%2F

What Reddy Kilowatt says...

@mikezpen Please don't use the shorthand.  Many people read your posts, so clarity is more important than the number of characters.  This isn't Twitter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 07:02:20 pm »
Worst of all possible courses of action:  no immigration enforcement and a lot of idled Federal immigration officers still on the public payroll.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 09:09:44 pm »
Worst of all possible courses of action:  no immigration enforcement and a lot of idled Federal immigration officers still on the public payroll.

Oh, they won't be idled.

I mean, sure, the Sister-Wife Omar and the Bartender in the House will seek revenge and black-listing for the ICE and Border Patrol personnel, but the rest of the Rodents know they will need as large a staff as possible to begin rounding up the 75 million traitors in the US who voted for Trump.

If nothing else, those operatives will be employed in routine paper-chasing to free up more dedicated Rodents for the coming purge of the United States of the Patriots.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.