Author Topic: Charles Hurt: After Impeachment Farce Ends, Next Comes 14th Amendment  (Read 247 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charles Hurt: After Impeachment Farce Ends, Next Comes 14th Amendment

Charles Hurt 13 Feb 2021

With the result of the second impeachment charade a forgone conclusion in Washington, let us now turn to the final partisan tool remaining in Democrats’ torture closet: The 14th Amendment.

This amendment allows Congress to banish from future federal office any current or former politician deemed by congress to have “engaged in insurrection.” Its adoption after the Civil War was designed to prevent officers or political leaders of the Confederate regime from being elected to Congress or the presidency.

In a normal world, it would be impossible for Congress to punish a man for engaging in “insurrection” after Congress had just acquitted the same man of engaging in the same insurrection. Or, as Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer recently called it on the Senate floor, “inciting the erection.”

But this is Washington and the man in question is former President Donald Trump, whose Latin name is Swampus Horribilis.

Gripped by hatred and fear of their long, partisan nightmare, Democrats in Congress today seek “unity” by heaving Mr. Trump into the dustbin of the Confederacy. In this name of “unity,” what precisely does that mean for the 74 million current Americans who just voted for this modern-day Jefferson Davis?

To be sure, it is a rusty, gnarly hatchet. But when all you have is a hatchet, everything is plump flesh and brittle bone. And hack away they will!

In the name of “unity.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/13/charles-hurt-after-impeachment-farce-ends-next-comes-14th-amendment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mikezpen

Re: Charles Hurt: After Impeachment Farce Ends, Next Comes 14th Amendment
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 02:14:43 pm »
There are states that can go after him now.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 04:33:32 pm »
Jonathan Turley @JonathanTurley

There was a time when denying due process would have been shocking. Even if you believe that due process is not required in an impeachment, it is expected. We do not afford due process to people simply because we have to.

It is like decency, civility and other values. They are not observed because they are mandatory but because they are right. It is a value that defines us and our actions. To deny a constitutional value in its defense is akin to burning down a house in the name of fire safety.
10:12 AM · Feb 13, 2021
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2021, 05:45:04 pm »
Doesn't TBR have several threads about this topic?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 05:13:08 pm »
After His Second Acquittal The Democrats Push Plan To Ban Trump From Running For Office Again – This Can Be Done With A Simple Majority Vote
https://www.usasupreme.com/after-his-second-acquittal-democrats-push-plan-to-ban-trump-from-running-for-office-again-this-can-be-done-with-a-simple-majority-vote/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 05:26:42 pm »
There are states that can go after him now.

For what offense??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 05:30:47 pm »
After His Second Acquittal The Democrats Push Plan To Ban Trump From Running For Office Again – This Can Be Done With A Simple Majority Vote
https://www.usasupreme.com/after-his-second-acquittal-democrats-push-plan-to-ban-trump-from-running-for-office-again-this-can-be-done-with-a-simple-majority-vote/

I think that Trump will be banned from holding political office -- under the political system that is in place now.

If they succeed with the 14th amendment, he won't even be able to be mayor of Mar a Lago.

My bigger concern is criminal prosecution as a civilian. Again, I hope he has a brilliant team of lawyers in place.   
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.