Author Topic: When inflation rises, what's Biden going to do?  (Read 207 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
When inflation rises, what's Biden going to do?
« on: February 12, 2021, 02:59:21 pm »
February 12, 2021
When inflation rises, what's Biden going to do?
By Tom Sleeter

The original name of the field of economics was political economy.  That may again be quite appropriate in 2021 as we get an even larger government that is going to make a lot of economic decisions.  Given the huge monetization of debt and the rapid increase (about 75%) in money supply in 2020, it can be expected that inflation will pick up in the coming quarters.

How will a left-wing government likely respond to this?  The classic way is to impose price controls to shift the blame from the politicians and the central bankers who created the inflation to the "greedy businessmen" who are raising prices.  Obviously, price controls don't work.  Economists across the political spectrum realize that, but it's a common political tool to shift blame and placate the public.

How might this play out in a Biden administration?  When inflation picks up, there will likely be a call for price controls, probably through executive decrees rather than legislation, at least at first.  When there are price controls and prices are set below market levels, there will be shortages.  At that point, public unhappiness increases.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/02/when_inflation_rises_whats_biden_going_to_do.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: When inflation rises, what's Biden going to do?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 03:14:11 pm »
Let's ask an expert.  I think he is still alive.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 07:04:15 pm »
Let's ask an expert.  I think he is still alive.

It’s unlikely that Joe Biden will appoint a Paul Volcker to the Federal Reserve  to try to reign  in inflation

I do believe that the Biden administration will try to impose price controls. They’ll work for a short while until the shortages hit
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 07:05:07 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 08:40:42 pm »
A. The wrong thing.

B. Blame Trump.

C. Look for a woman's or girl's hair he can sniff.

D. Throw money at it.

E. All of the above.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2021, 01:58:07 pm »
Smile, as his plan is working to destroy America
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2021, 11:30:51 pm »
He'll claim inflation doesn't exist, just like his boss did when his boss was the Illegal Alien In The White House.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 12:09:41 am »
A. The wrong thing.

B. Blame Trump.

C. Look for a woman's or girl's hair he can sniff.

D. Throw money at it.

E. All of the above.

All of the above + F. Nothing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.