Author Topic: Dems’ Next Plot Against Trump: If Senate impeachment trial fails.  (Read 390 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems’ Next Plot Against Trump

If Senate impeachment trial fails.
Thu Feb 11, 2021 Joseph Klein

With the Senate impeachment trial underway that is virtually certain to end in acquittal, the Democrats are already planning their next move against Donald Trump. They are looking to use an obscure clause in the Fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution, written in the aftermath of the Civil War and aimed at disqualifying ex-Confederate rebels from public office, to bar Trump from holding any future public office. Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment allows for the disqualification of individuals from holding federal or state office who both previously (1) took an oath to support the U.S. Constitution as a federal or state government legislator or officer, and (2) then “shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.”

The Democrats leading the charge on the Fourteenth Amendment gambit include Senators Tim Kaine of Virginia, Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island, and Dick Durbin of Illinois, along with Representatives Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida and Steve Cohen of Tennessee. They are being advised by leftist academics who believe that Congress has the unilateral power to pass a joint resolution invoking the Fourteenth Amendment’s disqualification provision against Trump. As far as the Trump-haters are concerned, it is perfectly all right to put aside due process and fundamental fairness, so long as Trump is barred from holding public office ever again.

The Democrats’ unconstitutional Senate show trial is bad enough. The House’s lead impeachment manager has even gone so far as to suggest that Trump’s refusal to testify be used as an inference of guilt – precisely the opposite of the presumption of innocence and the Fifth Amendment’s protection against self-incrimination. But even that is not enough for the Trump-haters. Assuming the likely outcome of acquittal in the Senate impeachment trial on the incitement of insurrection charge, the Democrats want to further upend the Constitution by taking another bite at the apple. This time they want to do so by majority vote of both Democrat-controlled chambers under a perverted reading of the Fourteenth Amendment. They have one insurmountable problem. The Constitution includes a specific provision prohibiting bills of attainder (Article I, Section 9, paragraph 3).

more
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2021/02/dems-next-plot-against-trump-if-senate-impeachment-joseph-klein/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I have no doubt that they will find a way to prohibit him from holding any political office at both the federal and state level.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

Gotta keep the Trump boogeyman front and center - for four more years?

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Baloney....  That requirement was quickly rescinded/amended.   

Confederates were allowed full citizenship with rights of office holding as long as they signed Oath Books generally between 1867-1869.  Ancestry actually has a database with the acutal original record, and has signatures, etc.   A few of my ancestors  are there too.

More dishonestly from the leftist democrats, subverting to grabbing straws.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
WOW! Just Wow!
How absolutely terrified of Donald Trump are the Democrats? The Senate, the House, the President, are all turned upside down trying to pin something/anything on Trump. The entire American government is in chaos trying to get this guy. Why?

They would not do all of this circus and plotting more, unless Donald Trump is their nightmare of an American citizen.
They would not do all of this for a person they believed has no power. They are scared to death of him!
They are scared to death of us. They are scared to death of America, which is why they are so determined to tear it all down.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
WOW! Just Wow!
How absolutely terrified of Donald Trump are the Democrats? The Senate, the House, the President, are all turned upside down trying to pin something/anything on Trump. The entire American government is in chaos trying to get this guy. Why?

They would not do all of this circus and plotting more, unless Donald Trump is their nightmare of an American citizen.
They would not do all of this for a person they believed has no power. They are scared to death of him!
They are scared to death of us. They are scared to death of America, which is why they are so determined to tear it all down.

These despicable pukes are not going to quit until they got a photo-op of DJT being led out in chains, and have a mug shot to broadcast 24/7.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

These people are freakin' insane - and dangerously stupid. Not a good combination for anyone, least of all the nation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Slide Rule

It would seem that Marxists are trying to nominate Trump whether that is their intention or not.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
I'm thinking Trump should run for US Senate at Camel's Butt replacement here in California.

He can stay at my house for a month to establish residency.    The huskies would love him.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline skeeter

WOW! Just Wow!

Its not Trump - never has been.

They're terrified of us.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Dems’ Next Plot Against Trump: If Senate impeachment trial fails.
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 08:43:55 pm »
Its not Trump - never has been.

They're terrified of us.

Amen!!  COVID, Quarantines, Vaccines (caution everyone) and they will attempt gun control.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2021, 01:49:45 pm »
I'm thinking Trump should run for US Senate at Camel's Butt replacement here in California.

He can stay at my house for a month to establish residency.    The huskies would love him.

Or...establish residency in Georgia and run against that fraud Warnock.

Who wouldn't like to see Donald J Trump become Majority Leader, supplanting the Turtle whilst thwarting the Biden/Harris administration at every turn....and then working with President Ted Cruz in 2025.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2021, 02:13:33 pm »
I have no doubt that they will find a way to prohibit him from holding any political office at both the federal and state level.

Seems like as usual the Republicans will do the dirty work for them.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2021, 02:24:07 pm »
This was always the end game as it only takes a simple majority rather than 2/3, and effectively accomplishes the same effect.

They might even try this one on Hawley and Cruz.

The sky is the limit.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2021, 03:20:06 pm »
As I posted in this thread, http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,428393.0.html :

That clause of the 14th Amendment refers to a 4-year "incident" in which ~2/3 of a million men were killed and many more were maimed. IMO, trying to get a court to consider a 14th Amendment claim against Trump is likely to result in laughter. And even if it didn't, being in court would result in evidence having to be presented, the very last thing the Dems should want to be required to do.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.