Author Topic: Stop Calling It an 'Insurrection' ...Kurt Schlichter  (Read 314 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stop Calling It an 'Insurrection' ...Kurt Schlichter
« on: February 11, 2021, 01:58:06 pm »
Stop Calling It an 'Insurrection'
Kurt Schlichter

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 12:01 AM

So, I was out at dinner with my old battalion commander – literally outside, because dining inside apparently is super deadly if you live under blue tyranny – and we were laughing at this whole “Muh Insurrekshun” nonsense. What happened January 6 was no “insurrection” in any meaningful sense of the word, especially not to those who survived the riots of 2020, and not to us either. See, I was my old battalion commander’s assistant operations officer and I was riding with him in his HUMVEE driving through Los Angeles as it burned in April 1992.

That was a riot. What happened on Capitol Hill was a few dudes dressed like Conan the Fauxbarian acting like fools and occasionally fighting with the cops while a few hundred other dudes took selfies in the Rotunda.

We were in the 3rd Battalion, 160th Infantry, the first combat arms unit on the street during the LA Riot, a riot brought to you by Maxine Waters and other idiots, by the way. There was burning and looting and dozens we can say with absolute certainty were murdered by the LA rioters, unlike at the Capitol. It lasted for days. You wouldn’t know it from Rep. Stolen Cower, who seems to claim she suffered PTSD from being at the far end of the same ZIP code as the bruhaha, but what happened on January 6 was no “insurrection,” and Republicans need to stop playing along with the Establishment talking point that it was.
CARTOONS | Michael Ramirez
View Cartoon

The idea of an “insurrection” is to delegitimize all resistance to the garbage Establishment’s reign of error, and to play along is to give credence to its lie and to empower its propaganda. You have done nothing wrong by rejecting the Establishment narrative. You have done nothing wrong by protesting what you see as a flawed election and a corrupt ruling class. You have a right to protest anything you want, and you don’t need their permission.

Dissent is patriotic. Or did that end when it became inconvenient?

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2021/02/11/stop-calling-it-an-insurrection-n2584502
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Stop Calling It an 'Insurrection' ...Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 02:20:45 pm »
How many nations have been overthrown by a few dozen people with a handful of baseball bats and some flags?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 02:28:37 pm »
The takeaway: "The idea of an “insurrection” is to delegitimize all resistance to the garbage Establishment’s reign of error, and to play along is to give credence to its lie and to empower its propaganda."

Reject the rat media narrative. It was a riot - at worst a few hundred people blowing off some steam.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 02:29:52 pm by skeeter »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 02:50:36 pm »
Excellent article.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 03:20:23 pm »
Finally!  Someone has said this out loud!!!

Yeah, we get that it was scary to have knuckleheads running rampant through the Capitol. Blame the knuckleheads. Don’t blame the other 74 million people who supported President Trump. And quit playing along with the ridiculous idea that January 6 was Fort Sumpter x 9/11 to the Pearl Harborth power.

It was not. This foaming-mouthed performative overreaction is all cynical performance art, and this goofy impeachment is just a senatorial Toobin Zoomin’.

Now, I also had the chance to see the wreckage of a real insurrection when I was in Kosovo with the Army after the fighting ended. An insurrection means ruins and mass graves, not some dude in a horn hat wandering around the House as a police officer asks him to chill. Don’t let them define insurrection down to mean “Anything conservatives do.”

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 04:19:19 pm »
From the article.....

“Don’t let them define insurrection down to mean “Anything conservatives do.””

I think that’s ultimately what this impeachment is about.  Since Trump is no longer the president, if one really believes that he incited insurrection, then he needs to go through the criminal justice system.  But the Democrats won’t allow that because they know there’s no way such a charge would stick. 

This is not just about those who support Donald Trump, or even people who just simply voted for him. It’s a show of strength against anybody who would oppose the progressive agenda.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 04:35:18 pm »
Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays

Adults can correctly describe the capitol assault as a terrible event worthy of a strong legal system response and still know it wasn't anything remotely like a coup or an insurrection.

9:53 AM · Feb 11, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1359878176004972545

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 07:34:05 pm »
It is important for the Dems to continue the propaganda of insurrection because the end game is to invoke the 14th Amendment, which can only happen if an insurrection or rebellion occurs. 

Only takes a majority vote to approve in contrast to 2/3 to convict for impeachment.

Amendment XIV
Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 08:38:18 pm »
Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays

Adults can correctly describe the capitol assault as a terrible event worthy of a strong legal system response and still know it wasn't anything remotely like a coup or an insurrection.

9:53 AM · Feb 11, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1359878176004972545

The coup was happening INSIDE the Chambers, not out in the hallway.

You notice how the false electors were accepted without question?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 08:42:30 pm »
It is important for the Dems to continue the propaganda of insurrection because the end game is to invoke the 14th Amendment, which can only happen if an insurrection or rebellion occurs. 

Only takes a majority vote to approve in contrast to 2/3 to convict for impeachment.

Amendment XIV
Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Actually, it requires a criminal conviction.

The Congress of the United States at present has no law permitting those bodies to VOTE someone guilty of a criminal act.   Which means first Congress would have to pass a law....which then means Trump couldn't be made guilty without Congress violating the Constitutional rule against ex-post facto laws.

The Congress has NO authority to "censure" the President of the United States.  That process is just a meaningless gabble-gabble they make when they want to impress idiots.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 08:52:49 pm »

The Congress of the United States at present has no law permitting those bodies to VOTE someone guilty of a criminal act.   Which means first Congress would have to pass a law....which then means Trump couldn't be made guilty without Congress violating the Constitutional rule against ex-post facto laws.

The Congress has NO authority to "censure" the President of the United States.  That process is just a meaningless gabble-gabble they make when they want to impress idiots.

Lesson #1:  The DEMS are not interested in the Constitution nor their authority under the law, they will do what they want; especially to Trump.  There are 6 idiot GOP establishment azzhats that sided with the DEMS that this whole horse and pony show is Constitutional.

Lesson #2: The DEMS and the same GOP establishment azzhats have another plan to ensure that Trump can never run for office and strip him of his presidential perks that he is entitled to after leaving office. It doesn't matter whether or not it's legal.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 08:54:49 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 09:58:50 pm »

I do not see that distinction upon reading the 14th Amendment.

Where do you see otherwise?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 11:49:22 pm »
bele wrote:
"The DEMS and the same GOP establishment azzhats have another plan to ensure that Trump can never run for office and strip him of his presidential perks that he is entitled to after leaving office. It doesn't matter whether or not it's legal."

I don't care WHAT the DINO-communists do in DC.
If I see Mr. Trump's name on a ballot in front of me...
... I know what I'm gonna do.

(and anyone who doesn't like that can kiss my greasy a@@)