Author Topic: News from the Potemkin impeachment  (Read 87 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
News from the Potemkin impeachment
« on: February 10, 2021, 01:36:10 pm »
February 10, 2021
News from the Potemkin impeachment
By Andrea Widburg

I didn’t watch the impeachment proceedings because I was away from my office. Even if I’d been in my office, I wouldn’t have watched. What’s happening in the Senate has nothing to do with anything Trump did. Instead, it reflects the Deep State’s desire to erase Trump from American history as surely as the Egyptians once erased Hatshepsut, a powerful female pharaoh who ruled 3,500 years ago and whose successor tried to destroy every image of or reference to her. Still, a few newsworthy items emerged.

As promised, Trump’s attorneys moved to have the impeachment proceedings dismissed because they are unconstitutional. This motion was legally correct because impeachment exists to remove bad officials from office without waiting for an election. I will never concede that Trump was a bad official, but no one can deny that he is no longer in office.

Nevertheless, all 50 Democrat senators voted against the motion to dismiss the case. Additionally, and disgracefully, six Republicans joined in. For future reference, they are Mitt Romney (Utah), Susan Collins (Maine), Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Ben Sasse (Nebraska), and Bill Cassidy (Louisiana). I won’t speculate as to their motives, but I will say that I cannot imagine any decent, intelligent, or honest motives for them.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/02/news_from_the_potemkin_impeachment.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34