Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Impeachment 2.0  (Read 13106 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: LIVE THREAD: Impeachment 2.0
« Reply #775 on: February 13, 2021, 10:39:18 pm »
Johnson confronts Romney after vote on witnesses
By Scott Wong - 02/13/21 12:06 PM EST

Two Republican senators — Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Mitt Romney of Utah — got into a confrontation on the Senate floor Saturday after Romney voted with Democrats to allow witnesses in the impeachment trial of former President Trump.

Reporters sitting in the Senate gallery said they saw a “visibly upset” Johnson turn to Romney and point at him after the vote.

The two men then got into a back-and-forth, with Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska) trying to play referee.

Voices were raised, and at one point Johnson was overheard saying he blamed Romney. 

Johnson is a staunch Trump ally who argued the defense “eviscerated” the Democratic prosecutors and “blew their case out of the water.” Romney, a frequent Trump critic, voted to convict Trump on one count during last year’s impeachment trial. In the second trial, Romney voted both that the impeachment trial over whether Trump incited an insurrection on Jan. 6 was constitutional and for witnesses to be called.

Johnson on Saturday flashed his anger at reporters who later asked him about his exchange with Romney. 

"Those are private. Those are private conversations," Johnson said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/538742-johnson-confronts-romney-after-vote-on-witnesses
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 10:42:20 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #776 on: February 13, 2021, 10:39:39 pm »
Turtle still has years left in his term.  Until 2024 I think.

It's worse that that.  His term ends in 2027.  Good luck GOP. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #777 on: February 13, 2021, 10:43:24 pm »

McConnell unloads on Trump: 'Morally responsible' for provoking mob
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/538772-mcconnell-unloads-on-trump-morally-responsible-for-provoking-mob

Before I buy McConnell's assessment of moral responsibility, I'll wait for more information to come out pointing to McConnell and Pelosi knowing what was going to happen and setting up the President to take the fall.

This all stinks to high heaven.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #778 on: February 13, 2021, 10:43:56 pm »
Alyssa Milano After Trump Acquitted: ‘It Is a Sad Day in America’
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/02/13/alyssa-milano-after-trump-acquitted-it-is-a-sad-day-in-america/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #779 on: February 13, 2021, 10:48:02 pm »
In my opinion in the turtle is right because it was right if you if Trump is guilty of something in He should bcharged as a private citizen not as a president.

Well, there is that small matter of the immunity a sitting President enjoys.  I don't think he can be charged with crimes alleged during that 4 years.  I'm sure there are plenty of dire crimes the Rats can cook u from before he was President.  If the 14th Amendment challenge passes, or not, this will be the next game.

Turtle is clear full of shit, trying to have it both ways for another 4 years.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #780 on: February 13, 2021, 10:49:17 pm »
I wonder what Trump knows about him that has McConnell so nervous he's compelled to politically kill the former president.

I believe Trump knows a lot about many people; so many want him to just go away. In reality, Trump had no one who was willing to help bring them down. 

I don't know what to think anymore.  One day at a time.  For now, Trump was acquitted.  That's one positive that I'm trying to focus on.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #781 on: February 13, 2021, 10:50:05 pm »
In my opinion in the turtle is right because it was right if you if Trump is guilty of something in He should bcharged as a private citizen not as a president.

You want to try that again...in English?    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #782 on: February 13, 2021, 10:55:43 pm »
The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

McConnell & the America Last Swamp know that there is no going back to the Bush Era Conservatism that put our country & our people LAST, and they HATE Donald Trump & all of you for that.

4:34 PM · Feb 13, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1360703852714938370

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #783 on: February 13, 2021, 10:57:23 pm »
Well, there is that small matter of the immunity a sitting President enjoys.  I don't think he can be charged with crimes alleged during that 4 years.  I'm sure there are plenty of dire crimes the Rats can cook u from before he was President.  If the 14th Amendment challenge passes, or not, this will be the next game.

Turtle is clear full of shit, trying to have it both ways for another 4 years.

There may indeed be a factor immunity but technically there’s not immunity you can be charged as a private citizen.

« Reply #784 on: February 13, 2021, 10:57:51 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

The losing team assembles for a photo op after Trump acquitted by a Democrat-majority Senate

5:07 PM · Feb 13, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1360712178177835023

pointing-up

The Columbia Bugle Flag of United States
@ColumbiaBugle

Same Energy

5:24 PM · Feb 13, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1360716474919178242

« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:01:44 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #785 on: February 13, 2021, 10:59:33 pm »
If the God of reality holds true, he shouldn't last that long.
The guy was born in 1942, basically at the beginning of World War II.
He was born just a couple of months after Pearl Harbor.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #786 on: February 13, 2021, 11:00:33 pm »
“My Entire Family, My Law Firm, My Home Is Under Siege Right Now” – Trump Attorney Van Der Veen Chokes Up Talking about Vicious Assaults by Democrats (VIDEO)
By Jim Hoft
Published February 13, 2021 at 4:15pm
Story at Gateway Pundit

I believe this has since been deleted.

Of course. This is the way Democrats operate now.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:02:01 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #787 on: February 13, 2021, 11:06:06 pm »
RinVa posted:
"Why is @LeaderMcConnell on the Senate floor still bashing President Trump?"

Because the turtle is afraid of Mr. Trump.
The truth is... they're ALL afraid of Mr. Trump (regardless of what party to which they belong).

They know that Mr. Trump remains the most powerful voice in America speaking for traditional-minded Americans and their goals and desires in life.

And they suspect "he'll be back" in 2024... regardless of any b.s. resolutions they may pass from now on.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #788 on: February 13, 2021, 11:07:18 pm »

You are correct.  He was reelected last November.  9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #789 on: February 13, 2021, 11:09:52 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

Nikki Haley made it clear this week she would have voted to convict

3:58 PM · Feb 13, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1360694973822345218

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #790 on: February 13, 2021, 11:11:03 pm »
Jack Posobiec  @JackPosobiec

Nikki Haley made it clear this week she would have voted to convict
She's digging her political career's grave deeper with each passing day.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #791 on: February 13, 2021, 11:21:49 pm »
RinVa posted:
"Why is @LeaderMcConnell on the Senate floor still bashing President Trump?"

Because the turtle is afraid of Mr. Trump.
The truth is... they're ALL afraid of Mr. Trump (regardless of what party to which they belong).

They know that Mr. Trump remains the most powerful voice in America speaking for traditional-minded Americans and their goals and desires in life.

And they suspect "he'll be back" in 2024... regardless of any b.s. resolutions they may pass from now on.

I think you're right @Fishrrman  --- which leads me to repost the last part of the former President's statement on his acquittal:

https://fox8.com/news/former-president-trump-releases-statement-after-being-acquitted-in-impeachment-trial/

« Reply #792 on: February 13, 2021, 11:22:22 pm »

:crossed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #793 on: February 13, 2021, 11:22:33 pm »

They're all placing their bets now, all-in. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #794 on: February 13, 2021, 11:24:55 pm »
You are correct.  He was reelected last November.  9999hair out0000

...and Trump campaigned for him... 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

« Reply #795 on: February 13, 2021, 11:27:22 pm »
Trump welcomes impeachment acquittal, says his movement ‘has only just begun’
Fox News 8, Feb 13, 2021

Read the whole statement below:

I want to first thank my team of dedicated lawyers and others for their tireless work upholding justice and defending truth.

My deepest thanks as well to all of the United States Senators and Members of Congress who stood proudly for the Constitution we all revere and for the sacred legal principles at the heart of our country.

Our cherished Constitutional Republic was founded on the impartial rule of law, the indispensable safeguard for our liberties, our rights and our freedoms.

It is a sad commentary on our times that one political party in America is given a free pass to denigrate the rule of law, defame law enforcement, cheer mobs, excuse rioters, and transform justice into a tool of political vengeance, and persecute, blacklist, cancel and suppress all people and viewpoints with whom or which they disagree.  I always have, and always will, be a champion for the unwavering rule of law, the heroes of law enforcement, and the right of Americans to peacefully and honorably debate the issues of the day without malice and without hate.

This has been yet another phase of the greatest witch hunt in the history of our Country. No president has ever gone through anything like it, and it continues because our opponents cannot forget the almost 75 million people, the highest number ever for a sitting president, who voted for us just a few short months ago.

I also want to convey my gratitude to the millions of decent, hardworking, law-abiding, God-and-Country loving citizens who have bravely supported these important principles in these very difficult and challenging times. 

Our historic, patriotic and beautiful movement to Make America Great Again has only just begun. In the months ahead I have much to share with you, and I look forward to continuing our incredible journey together to achieve American greatness for all of our people. There has never been anything like it!

We have so much work ahead of us, and soon we will emerge with a vision for a bright, radiant, and limitless American future.

Together there is nothing we cannot accomplish.

We remain one People, one family, and one glorious nation under God, and it’s our responsibility to preserve this magnificent inheritance for our children and for generations of Americans to come.

May God bless all of you, and may God forever bless the United States of America.

-Donald J. Trump

https://fox8.com/news/former-president-trump-releases-statement-after-being-acquitted-in-impeachment-trial/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #796 on: February 13, 2021, 11:53:06 pm »
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #797 on: February 13, 2021, 11:56:41 pm »
They're all placing their bets now, all-in.

Let the fools jockey for position.  No GOP seat is safe.  No state with a GOP governor is safe; that's their next target. FL being their #1 target.  DeSantis is a popular governor and that is where the Trump families reside.  Shut down FL and destroy its economy and prevent any of his family from holding political office.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 11:58:36 pm by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #798 on: February 14, 2021, 12:01:40 am »
Here's McConnell's speech .... if you can stomach it.  (I still think Trump uncovered something really bad on McConnell because it makes no sense to vote to acquit and then spew this)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qDePLRK1xU&feature=youtu.be

45 sec. into the speech was enough.  Done.  He needs to take the freakin' marbles out of his mouth and put a few back in his head.

« Reply #799 on: February 14, 2021, 12:04:31 am »