Author Topic: Debasing the Constitution: Why Chief Justice Roberts is Not Presiding over Trump’s Impeachment Trial  (Read 131 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
February 8, 2021
Debasing the Constitution: Why Chief Justice Roberts is Not Presiding over Trump’s Impeachment Trial
By William Levin

As Donald Trump’s second impeachment trial begins today, not enough attention has been paid to the fact that Chief Justice Roberts will not be presiding.

Senate Democrat Richard Blumenthal, a lawyer, former federal prosecutor and member of the Judiciary Committee, believes the Chief Justice should preside.

Elizabeth Warren adopts the far more aggressive position that the Chief Justice must preside as part of “his constitutional duty.”  For good measure, she adds, “I can’t imagine why a Supreme Court justice would not do his duty.”

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer presents yet a third constitutional argument.  He claims that the Constitution commits the decision as a matter of choice to the Chief Justice: “The Constitution says the chief justice presides for a sitting president.  So it was up to John Roberts whether he wanted to preside with a president who is no longer sitting, Trump, and he doesn’t want to do it.” Senator Leahy, who has been designated to preside, agrees that the Chief Justice would be “the first choice.”

All of these assertions are manifestly incorrect and for reasons of considerable bearing on the proceeding.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/02/debasing_the_constitution_why_chief_justice_roberts_is_not_presiding_over_trumps_impeachment_trial.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Roberts is a sock-puppet...and a coward.
Spineless milquetoast he does what he is told.
No wonder Bush chose him. They are both the same kind of "Republican".
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
[quote auth240Bor=240B link=topic=428275.msg2377587#msg2377587 date=1612793926]
Roberts is a sock-puppet...and a coward.
Spineless milquetoast he does what he is told.
No wonder Bush chose him. They are both the same kind of "Republican".
[/quote]

@240B

Yup! Natural-born whores just looking for the right pimps.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

Roberts' refusal to preside deprives the shampeachment show trial of any shred of legitimacy. His action makes further comment unnecessary, and if he did comment the Dems would pretzellate it into a political issue. So not commenting is wisdom on Roberts' part.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Roberts' refusal to preside deprives the shampeachment show trial of any shred of legitimacy. His action makes further comment unnecessary, and if he did comment the Dems would pretzellate it into a political issue. So not commenting is wisdom on Roberts' part.

A rare demonstration by the shirker.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Roberts...?

Oh.  You mean the paid-for hack that violated Article I, Section 7, Clause 1 of the Constitution, the Originations Clause because Obama ordered him to declare Messiah Care was a TAX and thus allowed under Article I, Section 8?

Except, of course, the Constitution in no way, in no place, authorizes Congress to establish any form of national health care or health insurance whatsoever....

So Roberts had to force Messiah Care into violation of the Constitution (the bill originated in the Senate) in order to pretend that it was Constitutional under some other part that doesn't allow health care, anyway.

But I am sure of this...if by some corrupt miracle of bribery and extortion the Rodents manage to get the 67 votes necessary to convict on this specious charge, presided over by some nonagenarian political rodent hack instead of by the Chief Justice as required, that Roberts would be not only happy but eager to declare the proceedings valid and uphold the farce, as ordered by whoever it is that is holding the dirt on him.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.