Author Topic: Report: Nancy Pelosi Fines Republicans Gohmert, Clyde $5K for Alleged Metal Detector Violation  (Read 495 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Nancy Pelosi Fines Republicans Gohmert, Clyde $5K for Alleged Metal Detector Violation

Amy Furr 6 Feb 2021

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has reportedly docked $5,000 each from two Republican congressmen’s pay for allegedly defying her metal detector rule.

“Reps. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) and Andrew Clyde (R-Ga.) are the first to be hit with the dramatic fine, which is taken directly from their $174,000 salaries,” the New York Post reported Friday.

Another offense will cost $10,000 under the policy imposed in January by Pelosi and ratified by the House this week.

In a statement Friday, Gohmert addressed the accusation that he broke the House Rule regarding metal detectors, saying, “This should come as no surprise, but Democrats are making up the rules as they go.”

He said he has complied with Pelosi’s “unconstitutional” policy for weeks:

Yesterday, after complying with the metal detector screening, I was allowed to enter the House session where debate was occurring. Knowing that I would soon be giving a speech, I stepped off the House floor to use the restroom right beside the Speaker’s lobby as I have done many times since the metal detectors have been installed.

At no time until yesterday did anyone mention the need to be wanded after entering the restroom directly in front of the guards. The three main entrances have metal detectors, but the House floor entrance from the Speakers’ Lobby does not. Originally I had gone around the metal detectors a few times until it was mandated. I have been complying for weeks since.

“Article 1, Section 6 of the U.S. Constitution contains specific language prohibiting Members of Congress from being detained on the way to or from a session of the House,” the congressman said, adding that he will appeal the fine.

Metal detectors were installed outside the House chamber once Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) said she planned to bring a Glock onto the floor, the Post article continued.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/06/nancy-pelosi-fines-republicans-gohmert-clyde-5k-alleged-metal-detector-violation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Rep. Clyde: House Metal Detectors ‘Unconstitutional’ — ‘I’m Going to Take Them to Court’
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/02/06/gop-rep-clyde-house-metal-detectors-unconstitutional-im-going-to-take-them-to-court/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Nancy violated the rules already so why is she not fined as well?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

US Constitution

Article I, Section 6

The Senators and Representatives shall receive a compensation for their services, to be ascertained by law, and paid out of the treasury of the United States. They shall in all cases, except treason, felony and breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest during their attendance at the session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any speech or debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other place.

A metal detector qualifies as a mechanism of questioning.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Meanwhile San Fran Nan breezes by the metal detectors herself like she owns the place.

Rules for thee and not for me.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LegalAmerican

When is that hag going to die?  80 years old, and evil. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Republicans Refer Speaker Pelosi to Sergeant at Arms for Violating Her Own House Rules, May Be Punished
https://trendingpolitics.com/house-republicans-refer-speaker-pelosi-to-sergeant-at-arms-for-violating-her-own-house-rules-may-be-punished/
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Meanwhile San Fran Nan breezes by the metal detectors herself like she owns the place.

Rules for thee and not for me.

Pelosi Under Fire For Breaking Her Own Rules, Evading Metal Detectors When Entering House Chamber

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2021/02/07/pelosi-under-fire-for-breaking-her-own-rules-evading-metal-detectors-when-entering-house-chamber-n1423796

Last week, Democrats in the House passed a new rule that members had to go through a metal detector before they entered the House floor. The rule was passed because several Democrats expressed fear of armed GOP members, that some Republican congressmen would shoot them — accidentally or on purpose.
But Pelosi herself is guilty of the exact same thing. Rep. Rodney Davis caught Pelosi entering through the speaker’s lobby while evading the detectors.

Fox News:

“She opened the session on the floor, she came through what is known as the Speaker’s lobby,” Davis said. “We are all told, one Republican was fined for doing this just yesterday, that you cannot walk through those entrances unless you are disabled.”

Pelosi’s office has not yet denied the account, despite requests for comment.

The "rule" obviously is partisan grandstanding.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Dictators like Nancy can get her hair blowdried while others are denied the service and salons are shuttered, Kerry can jetset around in private planes while claiming everyone else needs to be grounded and Newsom can go to fancy restaurants while others cannot.

The elites are too important to be challenged to do what they all wish us to do.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington