Author Topic: Biden needs 'reality czar,' 'truth commission' to combat domestic extremists, experts tell NYT  (Read 393 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Academics and technology experts want President Biden to appoint a “reality czar” and a “truth commission” to mitigate the threat of domestic extremists and the spread of conspiracy theories.

A piece by The New York Times titled “How the Biden Administration Can Help Solve Our Reality Crisis” includes experts from Harvard University, Stanford, the University of Maryland, and other organizations with their take on how best to handle “hoaxes, lies and collective delusions.”

Technology columnist Kevin Roose’s piece specifically focuses on QAnon group chats, claims of widespread election fraud leading to Mr. Biden‘s election, and news disseminated from staunchly conservative media outlets.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/feb/3/joe-biden-needs-reality-czar-truth-commission-to-c/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Great idea!  I suggest it be named, "Ministry of Truth."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Academics and technology experts want President Biden to appoint a “reality czar” and a “truth commission” to mitigate the threat of domestic extremists and the spread of conspiracy theories.

A piece by The New York Times titled “How the Biden Administration Can Help Solve Our Reality Crisis” includes experts from Harvard University, Stanford, the University of Maryland, and other organizations with their take on how best to handle “hoaxes, lies and collective delusions.”

Technology columnist Kevin Roose’s piece specifically focuses on QAnon group chats, claims of widespread election fraud leading to Mr. Biden‘s election, and news disseminated from staunchly conservative media outlets.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/feb/3/joe-biden-needs-reality-czar-truth-commission-to-c/

@mystery-ak

Well,they ARE experts at spreading confusion. Mostly because none of them have ever had a real job. They have always gone to school or taught school. Insular little lives where never a contrary word is to be heard.

It is these very same people who put America on the path to destruction.

BTW,MY definition of an "intellectual" is "Someone who thinks he has a theory that will work,instead of someone who KNOWS what will work."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If it's the fack checkers and really alternate "reality" people out there who will be deciding what is "truth", (you know, the type of folks who would let a biological male 'identify' as a girl and participate in girl's sports), then up being down, in being out white being black, and night being day will become the officially sanctioned insanity of the world's most militarily powerful nation.

The ramifications of that, of any nuclear power being run by the doddering and completely delusional would be of concern for not just our own people, but anyone on the planet, and would become something intolerable from a security standpoint, providing a first-strike casus belli that history would not be able to deny, however grudgingly it concurred.

It is past time to rein in these delusional idiots and consider that this nonsense could have very serious implications for the Nation. Like Goebbels, they want to control what people think, but they are not content to persuade, nor simply propagandize, now they want to outlaw all opposing thought.

Big Brother is not my brother.

Maybe it is just a local thing, but I have been having a hell of a time getting onto and staying on line in  the past few days. Just curious if anyone else out there is having similar problems.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 04:26:36 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Captain Dementia needs a reality Czar alright, but not the way these 'experts' think, and he has had one all through the campaign and his residency so far. Her name is Jill some call her Dr. but she's not one in the way Captain Dementia so sorely requires and soon the meds won't be enough to anchor him to the slipping grip he has to reality now.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
JoNova 2/4/2021

The Poor Democrats won the election fair and square and only had peaceful rallies all year — but half the country doesn’t believe them. Even when the friendly Trillion-dollar Giant Media Cabal bans their political opponents, destroys Parler, and filters out mentions of voting irregularities  — that isn’t enough.
If only they could go on a Public Affairs TV show and politely explain why they are right?

Here’s a radical idea — how about holding a press conference to answer all the allegations, hand over the ballot machines, the ballots, and the check the signatures? It would all be so easy. Since they can’t do that, and they can’t think of any good reasons why they can’t do that, it’s time for A Reality Czar! Let the good hand of The Government Tell you what the Truth Is.

And who’s suggesting it? The Free Press….

The NY Times Wants Biden to Create a ‘Reality Czar’

Benjamin Gill and Steve Warren, CBN News

Kevin Roose, a technology columnist for The [New York] Times, writes, “Several experts I spoke with recommended that the Biden administration put together a cross-agency taskforce to tackle disinformation and domestic extremism, which would be led by something like a ‘reality czar’.”

That the New York Times doesn’t see this as competition says quite a lot about The New York Times. If a government commission researches and tells the world the whole truth, what exactly does the The New York Times do? Cut and paste the press releases?

A Harvard Uni professor on media policy calls for a “truth commission”:

One of those experts, Joan Donovan, the research director of Harvard University’s Shorenstein Center on Media, Politics and Public Policy, even implied that the new administration could set up a “truth commission,” similar to the 9/11 Commission, to investigate the planning and execution of the Capitol siege on Jan. 6.

Who needs a media? Who needs a professor, or for that matter, media research? Just ask the Government. What could possibly go wrong?

More: https://joannenova.com.au/2021/02/who-needs-a-ministry-of-truth-only-people-protecting-a-big-lie/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber beat me to it, but I'm posting this anyway:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Joe wrote:
"Maybe it is just a local thing, but I have been having a hell of a time getting onto and staying on line in  the past few days. Just curious if anyone else out there is having similar problems."

Comcast internet/tv/VOIP here in SW CT had some sporadic dropouts from time to time (longest was about 90 minutes), probably due to the heavy snowstorm, but yesterday and today have been back to normal.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Cyber beat me to it, but I'm posting this anyway:

GMTA, my friend.  goopo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline The_Reader_David

Great idea!  I suggest it be named, "Ministry of Truth."

But there's already an American name for such an agency:  the Committee on Public Information.  The one Woodrow Wilson established that Goebbels admired so much he imitated it.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But there's already an American name for such an agency:  the Committee on Public Information.  The one Woodrow Wilson established that Goebbels admired so much he imitated it.

I didn't know that.  It lasted two years, and was over a century ago.  It's that forgetting history thang.
I will NOT comply.