Author Topic: Report: Kevin McCarthy Will Back Liz Cheney Remaining in GOP Leadership  (Read 1360 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Kevin McCarthy Will Back Liz Cheney Remaining in GOP Leadership

Joshua Caplan 3 Feb 2021

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) will support House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-WY) to remain in her leadership post after the congresswoman voted to impeach former President Donald Trump, according to Punchbowl News.

The report comes as House Republicans are set to meet Wednesday regarding Cheney’s future as  House Republican Conference Chair.

Jake Sherman
@JakeSherman
🚨
TWO NEW NUGGETS

— House Minority Leader @kevinomccarthy is going to back @Liz_Cheney remaining in leadership during a closed conference meeting.

— the leadership is taking no action on @mtgreenee in this closed meeting.

Me and @bresreports

More than half of the House Republican Conference has committed to vote to oust Cheney from her leadership role. One senior House Republican told Breitbart News that GOP lawmakers believe Cheney should step aside voluntarily to avoid additional embarrassment. Reps. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) and Elise Stefanik (R-NY) have been floated as possible replacements for the Wyoming Republican.

Cheney herself has vowed to remain in her role despite opposition from her colleagues.

“I’m not going anywhere,” she told Politico last month. “This is a vote of conscience. It’s one where there are different views in our conference.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/03/report-kevin-mccarthy-will-back-liz-cheney-remaining-in-gop-leadership/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Report: Kevin McCarthy Will Back Liz Cheney Remaining in GOP Leadership
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 11:07:13 pm »
Cheney:This is a vote of conscience
 :rolling: :bsflag: :banghead: :laughingdog:

christian:
Cheney going along 2with the most corrupt election the democrats have ever stolen.  Of course she's speaking in democrat opposites.
 H Y P O C R I S Y, lies and deceits.  silly me, and it was all so obvious!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 11:09:33 pm »
Kevin McCarthy, bravely treading the yellow line. We all know what happens to middle of the roaders.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 11:52:43 pm »
This is the price of letting the Q-bert from GA stay. Now I better understand why the Rats are making a big deal out of it.

It won't work at either end. The Rats will keep screaming and the Normals are not going to give up on Cheney.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 11:57:37 pm »
"I’m not going anywhere,” she told Politico last month. “This is a vote of conscience. It’s one where there are different views in our conference.”

See, that's where she fails. She represents the people of Wyoming, not "our Conference."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 12:02:10 am »
The good guys are fighting back.   Trump betrayed his own supporters.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 12:06:44 am »
See, that's where she fails. She represents the people of Wyoming, not "our Conference."

That is what elections are for.   I think there are a lot of good, decent people in Wyoming who will understand the perspective of doing what is right rather than what is easy or expedient.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2021, 12:09:27 am »

??? How??? How did Trump betray his supporters??

Cheney is NOT one of the good guys, she made her accusations based on her political bias.  Perhaps she fits your political bias, but if anything she is the one who betrayed her supporters!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2021, 12:20:18 am »
That is what elections are for.   I think there are a lot of good, decent people in Wyoming who will understand the perspective of doing what is right rather than what is easy or expedient.

The easy thing to do was to accept the impeachment rhetoric without actually examining the evidence, kinda like what you do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 02:41:47 am »

Just so's you know... The good and decent people of Wyoming are spitting mad at Liz Cheney, and there is a recall under way.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2021, 06:02:07 am »
Cheney:This is a vote of conscience
 :rolling: :bsflag: :banghead: :laughingdog:

christian:
Cheney going along 2with the most corrupt election the democrats have ever stolen.  Of course she's speaking in democrat opposites.
 H Y P O C R I S Y, lies and deceits.  silly me, and it was all so obvious!

Thank you.  WHAT CONSCIENCE?   Who started that baloney?  Just means, vote what you feel like.  DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING..

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2021, 06:07:01 am »

WOW...do you ever have THAT backwards!

Some RINO supporters betrayed POTUS TRUMP.  SUPREME  COURT WOULD NOT EVEN LISTEN TO FACTS AND PROOF!  All back stabber RINOS,  to 'save' their own positions and screw the AMERICAN PEOPLE AND OUR CONSTITUTION! 

YOU would do well in a communist country.  You like,  and repeat all kind of lies.

POTUS TRUMP HAS NEVER BETRAYED ANY OF HIS TRUMP SUPPORTERS.  www.magapill.com

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2021, 06:10:08 am »
Kevin McCarthy, bravely treading the yellow line. We all know what happens to middle of the roaders.

Yes, he does not know what to do.  SAVE HIS PUBLIC OFFICE.....or SAVE AMERICA AND OUR CONSTITUTION...

What to do, what to do.  Here is a hint, your azz will be grass soon enough, like the rest, who support the communists/ LIARS in congress.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2021, 01:36:57 pm »
??? How??? How did Trump betray his supporters??

Trump sparked a revolution and squandered it.   He entered the Presidency with the wind at his back, and Republicans in control of Congress.  Many of his policies were well liked and made substantial progress in rolling back the leviathan state.   But his despicable personality and refusal to act even remotely like a President made the suburbs too embarrassed to vote for him.   In the end,  he cost the GOP the House, the Senate and the Presidency,  and the Dems' exploitation of the last few months' chaos has led to Trump's supporters being slandered as hate-mongers and worse,  and exposed to the full brunt of cancel culture.

And yet folks still bend over and grab their ankles for him.   For what?   He had it all, and lost it all.   If I were you, I'd know exactly where to focus my anger.    And it would not be at Liz Cheney.   

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2021, 01:50:03 pm »
Trump sparked a revolution and squandered it.   He entered the Presidency with the wind at his back, and Republicans in control of Congress.  Many of his policies were well liked and made substantial progress in rolling back the leviathan state.   But his despicable personality and refusal to act even remotely like a President made the suburbs too embarrassed to vote for him.   In the end,  he cost the GOP the House, the Senate and the Presidency,  and the Dems' exploitation of the last few months' chaos has led to Trump's supporters being slandered as hate-mongers and worse,  and exposed to the full brunt of cancel culture.

And yet folks still bend over and grab their ankles for him.   For what?   He had it all, and lost it all.   If I were you, I'd know exactly where to focus my anger.    And it would not be at Liz Cheney.
It should be clear to you by now that your little play ain't gonna work. He's more popular than ever.

But you keep trying.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2021, 02:05:53 pm »
It should be clear to you by now that your little play ain't gonna work. He's more popular than ever.

But you keep trying.

Popular among who?   Among Dems who are licking their chops to keep him in the news by means of a political show trial?   Among media moguls and late night comedians looking for ratings?   

Certainly not among conservatives who recognize that the man's idiocy has squandered everything he supposedly fought for.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2021, 02:13:24 pm »
Popular among who?   Among Dems who are licking their chops to keep him in the news by means of a political show trial?   Among media moguls and late night comedians looking for ratings?   

Certainly not among conservatives who recognize that the man's idiocy has squandered everything he supposedly fought for.

I dunno if they're 'conservatives' you site, but clearly the rat media/establishment/Lincoln Project's :rolling: attempt to separate the man from his base of support has failed spectacularly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/01/27/trump-popularity-with-gop-bounces-back-after-capitol-attack-poll-finds/?sh=7cd0b63d1806

On the other hand, I'm fairly certain your segment of the GOP isn't quite as popular with the voters.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2021, 02:29:12 pm »
I dunno if they're 'conservatives' you site, but clearly the rat media/establishment/Lincoln Project's :rolling: attempt to separate the man from his base of support has failed spectacularly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/01/27/trump-popularity-with-gop-bounces-back-after-capitol-attack-poll-finds/?sh=7cd0b63d1806

On the other hand, I'm fairly certain your segment of the GOP isn't quite as popular with the voters.

Oh,  I know.   The Party of Trump has little use for those of us whose political walk was with Ronald Reagan.   Soon I'll be dead and gone.   But at least I'll be able to say I wasn't fooled.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2021, 02:31:02 pm »
Oh,  I know.   The Party of Trump has little use for those of us whose political walk was with Ronald Reagan.   Soon I'll be dead and gone.   But at least I'll be able to say I wasn't fooled.

Oh please. Now you sound like someone's mom.

Try leaving the emoting aside for a moment and focus on results.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 02:32:04 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2021, 02:56:26 pm »

Can a fool ever be said to have been fooled?
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2021, 03:23:36 pm »

Let's take a walk down memory lane shall we?  Trump entered the WH and was handed the same FAILED leadership; McConnell and Ryan.  It is Ryan with his lies and siding with the DEMS that lost the GOP the House.  In spite of the failed leadership and in spite of Pelosi and Schumer fighting him every step of the way President Trump made excellent accomplishments; restoration and additional miles of border wall, lowest Black unemployment in history, lowest Hispanic unemployment in history, lowered taxes, renewed relations with Israel, etc.  As far as acting 'presidential' he gave one of the greatest State of the Union speeches in history; so great that Nancy had a hissy fit in public and shredded the speech.  So which of those two acted childish @Jazzhead ?  His speech at Yellowstone was also very presidential and patriotic. His great diplomacy and foreign policies had the world once again looking at us with envy as a Great country.  He Kept America Great, yet you find fault?? 

You continue to cast stones at a great President; perhaps he was a little too conservative for your liking.  He was not without some flaws, no person is. 

By the way I have tried to have a civil debate here with you, but casting needless heavy stones along with bogus and downright blatantly false accusations leaves me to realize that YOUR bitterness and hatred towards Trump is because you  don't want to admit his accomplishments and his successes.

By the way, I am still waiting for you to point out where in Trump's Jan. 6 speech, did he incite violence?  I posted a link to the full transcript.

Perhaps I just missed your response.  Otherwise you not replying speaks volumes to me.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2021, 03:41:14 pm »
Let's take a walk down memory lane shall we?  Trump entered the WH and was handed the same FAILED leadership; McConnell and Ryan.  It is Ryan with his lies and siding with the DEMS that lost the GOP the House.  In spite of the failed leadership and in spite of Pelosi and Schumer fighting him every step of the way President Trump made excellent accomplishments; restoration and additional miles of border wall, lowest Black unemployment in history, lowest Hispanic unemployment in history, lowered taxes, renewed relations with Israel, etc.  As far as acting 'presidential' he gave one of the greatest State of the Union speeches in history; so great that Nancy had a hissy fit in public and shredded the speech.  So which of those two acted childish @Jazzhead ?  His speech at Yellowstone was also very presidential and patriotic. His great diplomacy and foreign policies had the world once again looking at us with envy as a Great country.  He Kept America Great, yet you find fault?? 

You continue to cast stones at a great President; perhaps he was a little too conservative for your liking.  He was not without some flaws, no person is. 

By the way I have tried to have a civil debate here with you, but casting needless heavy stones along with bogus and downright blatantly false accusations leaves me to realize that YOUR bitterness and hatred towards Trump is because you  don't want to admit his accomplishments and his successes.

By the way, I am still waiting for you to point out where in Trump's Jan. 6 speech, did he incite violence?  I posted a link to the full transcript.

Perhaps I just missed your response.  Otherwise you not replying speaks volumes to me.

Democrats/Biden voters never respond to uncomfortable questions.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2021, 08:30:40 pm »

2020 Wyoming Election Results:

Trump   - 193,559
Cheney - 185,732

Looks like Trump has more support than Cheney among Wyoming voters.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2021, 08:42:02 pm »
2020 Wyoming Election Results:

Trump   - 193,559
Cheney - 185,732

Looks like Trump has more support than Cheney among Wyoming voters.

Low information voters who could not be bothered to vote down ballot.   They likely won't be back.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2021, 08:48:16 pm »

I've responded multiple times about the January 6 speech.   And don't confuse my loathing for Trump with love for Democrats.  To the contrary.   I respected Trump, despite my discomfort with his tweets and other crapola,  before he went on his hissy fit about his reelection being "stolen".   His recent behavior has squandered all he accomplished for conservatives and working people. He has set back the cause by years.   He threw it all away,  including most tragically the hopes of his own supporters.