Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Trump’s Election Rhetoric Was ‘Reckless and Irresponsible’ — No Evidence of ‘Massive Fraud  (Read 392 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz: Trump’s Election Rhetoric Was ‘Reckless and Irresponsible’ — No Evidence of ‘Massive Fraud’

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Pam Key 1 Feb 2021

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) Monday on his podcast “Verdict with Ted Cruz” criticized former President Donald Trump for his rhetoric about the election.

Cruz said, “We have seen overheated rhetoric like crazy on both sides of the political aisle. Democrats and the news media — and sadly, the news media is just part of the Democrats. They are one —their talking point is that there is no voter fraud. It  doesn’t exist.”

He continued, “On the other hand, President Trump’s rhetoric, I think, went way too far over the line. I think it was both reckless and irresponsible because he said repeatedly, he said over and over, he won by a landslide, there was massive fraud, it was all stolen everywhere. That evidence — the campaign did not prove that in any court, and to make a determination about an election, it has to be based on the evidence. So simply saying the result you want, that’s not responsible. You have never heard me use language like that.”

He added, “What I have said is voter fraud is real, and we need to examine the evidence and look at the actual facts. And in particular what is the evidence of how much voter fraud occurred and did it occur in sufficient quantities in significant states to alter the outcome of the election? That would have been the mandate of the election commission.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/02/01/ted-cruz-trumps-election-rhetoric-was-reckless-and-irresponsible-no-evidence-of-massive-fraud/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Online libertybele

Stop asking me for money, Ted.

...Meanwhile...

Ted and Hawley are going to be thrown out on the ears.  We can say good-bye to Ted. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/31/senate-ethics-hawley-cruz-investigation-463806
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

No, Cruz did not say there was no evidence of massive fraud.  The title is pure BS.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
No, Cruz did not say there was no evidence of massive fraud.  The title is pure BS.

:thumbsup:

Offline skeeter

If that quote is accurate it sure seems like he did.

Online libertybele

If there was no evidence of fraud he wouldn't have offered to defend him.

This is the 2nd time that I have heard him say that what Trump said at the rally was excessive.  I didn't listen to Trump's entire speech; however, what I did listen to was Trump calling for a peaceful march.  So ... I don't see that at all as excessive.

I will have to go back and listen to Trump's entire speech.

Cruz was defending the right to object to the certification of votes and also the issue of fraud needed to be settled.  He in turn is being accused of inciting a riot.  A secretive ethics committee is investigating him -- I'm afraid we'll be saying good-bye to Cruz.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

If that quote is accurate it sure seems like he did.

You mean the quote that is not in quotation marks?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

You mean the quote that is not in quotation marks?
He may not have meant it that way but the words within the parenthesis sure seems like thats what he's implying.

“On the other hand, President Trump’s rhetoric, I think, went way too far over the line. I think it was both reckless and irresponsible because he said repeatedly, he said over and over, he won by a landslide, there was massive fraud, it was all stolen everywhere. That evidence — the campaign did not prove that in any court, and to make a determination about an election, it has to be based on the evidence. So simply saying the result you want, that’s not responsible. You have never heard me use language like that.”

Online libertybele

He may not have meant it that way but the words within the parenthesis sure seems like thats what he's implying.

“On the other hand, President Trump’s rhetoric, I think, went way too far over the line. I think it was both reckless and irresponsible because he said repeatedly, he said over and over, he won by a landslide, there was massive fraud, it was all stolen everywhere. That evidence — the campaign did not prove that in any court, and to make a determination about an election, it has to be based on the evidence. So simply saying the result you want, that’s not responsible. You have never heard me use language like that.”

Yes, I've heard Cruz say something similar -- he did however offer to defend him, I think in the PA fraud case.

If I recall Cruz also stated that in doing the math there is no way that Biden could have won.  That does not mean that Trump won by a landslide, but it does indicate that Cruz thought that there was fraud.  If there wasn't enough evidence of fraud, then why was he willing to defend him? 

Cruz may have felt that him saying he won be a landslide was over the top rhetoric because it had NOT been yet proven --- that's they way I am looking at the entire scenario.

Cruz is still being accused of also inciting a riot because he objected to the certification and wanted the claims of fraud investigated.

The obvious here also is; the left wants to ensure that neither Trump or Cruz will ever be able to hold political office again.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yes, I've heard Cruz say something similar -- he did however offer to defend him, I think in the PA fraud case.

If I recall Cruz also stated that in doing the math there is no way that Biden could have won.  That does not mean that Trump won by a landslide, but it does indicate that Cruz thought that there was fraud.  If there wasn't enough evidence of fraud, then why was he willing to defend him? 

Cruz may have felt that him saying he won be a landslide was over the top rhetoric because it had NOT been yet proven --- that's they way I am looking at the entire scenario.

Cruz is still being accused of also inciting a riot because he objected to the certification and wanted the claims of fraud investigated.

The obvious here also is; the left wants to ensure that neither Trump or Cruz will ever be able to hold political office again.

I truly wish that I could get this one simple fact through everyone's head.

Texas vs Pennsylvania alleged no fraud. It was about Constitutional issues only.  As in who gets to decide how presidential electors are chosen!

@libertybele
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien