Author Topic: The Nature of the Chinese Threat.. By Conrad Black  (Read 132 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Nature of the Chinese Threat.. By Conrad Black
« on: January 29, 2021, 04:28:15 pm »
The Nature of the Chinese Threat

Richard Nixon spoke nothing but the truth when he famously remarked, “No power on earth can defeat or humiliate the United States, except the United States.” Will we?

By Conrad Black
January 28, 2021

It is almost impossible to describe adequately how absurd the partisan abrasions of American politics appear after listening to Chinese President Xi Jinping’s virtual address earlier this week to the inevitable World Economic Forum at Davos. A more unlikely setting could not be imagined: Davos is a dingy, cold, little town inhabited by grumpy German Swiss with inferior hotels and restaurants and one of the few benefits of the coronavirus pandemic is that Davos is now virtual and the rigors of its Spartan, humorless, relentless globalism may be moderated somewhat by the comforts of home.

The industrious founder and head of the World Economic Forum, Klaus Schwab, is deservedly making a considerable fortune from his imaginative brainwave from some 50 years ago of inviting prominent people to address groups of other prominent people and pocket huge fees from the wealthy for the privilege of listening to and “networking” with other swells. He continually bootstrapped himself up decade after decade. I watched as foreign ministers gave way to prime ministers as delegation heads and the prime ministers to presidents. At my last attendance, about 20 years ago, I was astonished to see at Zürich airport, the nearest to Davos, Air Force One, and the official aircraft of the presidents of Russia, Brazil, France, and of the prime ministers of India, Canada, and a number of other important countries. I was invited because I was the head of a reasonably prominent newspaper company, and I must admit I conducted some useful business and met many interesting people there.

Klaus Schwab’s own remarks, however, including in introducing the Chinese president on Monday, remind us forcefully of what a mighty fraud globalism has become.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/01/28/the-nature-of-the-chinese-threat/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Nature of the Chinese Threat.. By Conrad Black
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 12:25:34 am »
Conrad Black:
"Richard Nixon spoke nothing but the truth when he famously remarked, “No power on earth can defeat or humiliate the United States, except the United States.” Will we?"

Take a good look around.
We already have, sir.
We already have.