Author Topic: Nuclear Cost-Cutters Face Uphill Battle  (Read 222 times)

rangerrebew

Nuclear Cost-Cutters Face Uphill Battle
« on: January 26, 2021, 04:07:46 pm »
Nuclear Cost-Cutters Face Uphill Battle
1/25/2021
By Jon Harper

Some lawmakers want to trim spending on nuclear weapons, but they face an uphill battle persuading their fellow legislators, according to the chairman of the House Armed Services Committee.

Planned modernization of strategic systems is expected to cost hundreds of billions of dollars. The Pentagon is pursuing new stealth bombers, air-launched cruise missiles, ballistic missile submarines and ground-based intercontinental ballistic missiles, while the National Nuclear Security Administration manages the warhead stockpile.

“In my humble opinion, we’re building more weapons than we need,” HASC Chairman Rep. Adam Smith, D-Wash, said during an event hosted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies. “We need to look at ways to have a robust deterrent in a more cost-effective manner. And that’s what we’re going to work towards.”

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2021/1/25/nuclear-cost-cutters-face-uphill-battle

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Nuclear Cost-Cutters Face Uphill Battle
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 04:28:24 pm »
Honestly, legilslators with an agenda of fiscal responsibility are as rare as unicorns.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Nuclear Cost-Cutters Face Uphill Battle
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 10:51:13 pm »
Quote from the article:
“In my humble opinion, we’re building more weapons than we need,” HASC Chairman Rep. Adam Smith, D-Wash, said during an event hosted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies. “We need to look at ways to have a robust deterrent in a more cost-effective manner. And that’s what we’re going to work towards.”

catfish:
"Honestly, legilslators with an agenda of fiscal responsibility are as rare as unicorns."

Fishrrman:
Do you think that Smith is concerned in any way with "fiscal responsibility"?
He is a democrat-communist. As such, all he wants to see is a reduction in American military power. He cares nothing about being fiscally responsible.