Author Topic: Don’t abandon the GOP, take it over and use the ballot access and many effective officeholders it al  (Read 1294 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 14, 2021
Don’t abandon the GOP, take it over and use the ballot access and many effective officeholders it already has
By Thomas Lifson

I am as disappointed as any conservative over the surrender to hysteria that is so visible in the words of the two Republican Congressional leaders yesterday. As Neil Braithwaite points out today, writing an obituary for the GOP:

Republican House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy declared that “The president bears responsibility for Wednesday’s attack on Congress.”

Also, yesterday, Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he had “not made a final decision on how I will vote” on impeachment.

But chucking the entire Republican Party into the ash heap of history is not the response that I recommend. Kenneth R. Timmerman today properly reminds us that it is leaders, not institutions, that have betrayed us.  James S. Corum reminds us today of the deep bench that resides in the party below the level of top Congressional leaders. And the formidable power of state governments and political organizations under GOP control.

Discarding these tools amounts to unilateral disarmament just as we need it in the critical elections ahead. Leaders can be influenced and discarded, but institutions take a long time to build.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/dont_abandon_the_gop_take_it_over_and_use_the_ballot_access_and_many_effective_officeholders_it_already_has.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Can't agree. The GOP is infected to its core, reforming it is impossible.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Can't agree. The GOP is infected to its core, reforming it is impossible.

Even if it could be done there is no point to it now as the republic is now as dead as a stone.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Although it would take years, I was hoping we could take over and reform the GOP from top to bottom.

We would have to primary all of the GOPe out and install our own like minded representatives.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Although it would take years, I was hoping we could take over and reform the GOP from top to bottom.

We would have to primary all of the GOPe out and install our own like minded representatives.
In other words start a new party.

But even that won't help. As @Bigun says it doesn't matter, the rats now have transformed the US into California, a single party state. They will never allow their grip on power to be pried off.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 03:48:39 pm by skeeter »

Offline DB

For decades the GOP leaders bait voters at every election and then do something else.

They have their own agenda and it isn't what is best for this country. It is what is best for them in their quest for power and wealth.

As I've said for a long time now, the ONLY way to change course is top voting for those that are the "lesser evil" and start voting for people of character that share your views. Smaller government that spends far less is the only path to recovery. Too many are stuck on the plantation where the GOP owns their vote no matter what they do - over and over. They are a prisoner of fear. And that gives the GOP free reign to do as they please as long as it isn't quite as bad as what the far left is doing. That is how we got here. We cannot continue to do the same thing expecting a different result.

Offline libertybele

Even if it could be done there is no point to it now as the republic is now as dead as a stone.

I agree.  The moment our SCOTUS denied hearing the case of election fraud, that confirmed to me that our Republic was dead.

IMHO and I've voiced this before, it will take inserting a whole new government and using our Constitution as the backdrop.  Our government/Republic was overthrown from within, we sure as heck can do the same.  OR erect the new government in various different states that are willing (TX, FL?) and once others notice what is going on I think and hope that they would come on board. The Trumps I believe are moving to FL for other reasons than it being tax friendly.

It would take very constitutional conservative leadership and a whole lot of warriors --- I don't know if we truly have that.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 03:54:37 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Polly Ticks

It would be nice, but until or unless the election process is reformed and secured, it's a moot point. 

Ditto for all the calls for a new conservative party. As long as one party is allowed to cheat at the ballot box, any material change is going to be all but impossible.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline libertybele

It would be nice, but until or unless the election process is reformed and secured, it's a moot point. 

Ditto for all the calls for a new conservative party. As long as one party is allowed to cheat at the ballot box, any material change is going to be all but impossible.

Not a new party.  New government. A new party will never make any headway with the current practice in place by the DEMS of stealing elections.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Polly Ticks

Not a new party.  New government. A new party will never make any headway with the current practice in place by the DEMS of stealing elections.

Yes, that is exactly my point.
And it's the same problem for a 'new government' option.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DB

The leadership in both parties allowed it. If either party had actually refused to let the cheating stand it would have had a different outcome. For them the ends justified the means. It is very important to recognize that.

Offline libertybele

Yes, that is exactly my point.
And it's the same problem for a 'new government' option.

Not actually as inserting a new government isn't done at the ballot box.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Also, get involved! Run for office yourself, even (not for everyone, obviously). The left is so much better with this "get involved" message.

My dream is a party of citizen activists.

Offline mikezpen

A separete conservative party sounds nice, but it w/split our vote and hand everything over to the Democrats. We can't do it.

Offline Polly Ticks

Not actually as inserting a new government isn't done at the ballot box.

Unless you're proposing a form of government which does not require elections, you will still have the same problem once you install your new government. 

Offline goatprairie

Get better candidates. Ones who are not as irritating and obnoxious as Trump.
Also (message for Trumpists) learn how to accept losing. Biden won, Trump lost...fairly, squarely, and bigly. No fraud, Trump lost. He could have won, but he had no self-awareness and kept shooting himself in the foot.
Stop being gaslighted by Trump who has claimed fraud in every election he's lost and some he's won.

Offline libertybele

Unless you're proposing a form of government which does not require elections, you will still have the same problem once you install your new government.

No.  The existing government that is in place would be gone; along with all their corruption.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Also (message for Trumpists) learn how to accept losing. Biden won, Trump lost...fairly, squarely, and bigly. No fraud, Trump lost. He could have won, but he had no self-awareness and kept shooting himself in the foot.
Stop being gaslighted by Trump who has claimed fraud in every election he's lost and some he's won.

There are none so blind as those who will not see!  Enjoy your chains!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Well, I don't know of any other election that Trump has claimed fraud in.  He's only been elected once. 

IF there wasn't such blatant evidence of fraud that has come out, yes, I'd agree, Trump should have conceded, but most of us realize that amount of fraud that there was.  It is pretty difficult to loose when you get more votes than last time; that is unless your opponent gets more votes than people voting!

Offline skeeter

First election, he wins the highest office in the land. The second one, his "loss", he increased his base by ten million and unprecedented numbers of minority voters.

What a loser.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Polly Ticks observed (wisely):
"Ditto for all the calls for a new conservative party. As long as one party is allowed to cheat at the ballot box, any material change is going to be all but impossible."

Remember the new democrat-communist election "apparatus" (which not only will be used again, but will be expanded far-and-wide):
"Show us the election... and we'll show YOU the winner".

Offline dfwgator

First election, he wins the highest office in the land. The second one, his "loss", he increased his base by ten million and unprecedented numbers of minority voters.

What a loser.

Trump may actually have more power now as the GOP Kingmaker.

Offline skeeter

Trump may actually have more power now as the GOP Kingmaker.

No doubt, but its is apparently lost on the Murder Turtle.

I hope he devotes at least some of his energy to starting a new media company. Maybe have a chat with Elon.

Offline goatprairie

There are none so blind as those who will not see!  Enjoy your chains!
If anyone believes that Trump hasn't lied, cheated, threatened, and bullied his way throughout his life, that person should not be calling other people blind.

Offline skeeter

If anyone believes that Trump hasn't lied, cheated, threatened, and bullied his way throughout his life, that person should not be calling other people blind.
Indeed. Why, anyone with access Wikipedia could tell you that.