Author Topic: Is It Time for NeverGOP?  (Read 1250 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Is It Time for NeverGOP?
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2021, 05:38:16 pm »
I don't know you from Adam, but I'll bet you're a much better person than Trump. Because just about anybody is a better person than Trump.
In 2016 I hated trump for all the reasons you repeat ad nauseum. I went for Cruz.

But trump earned my vote. Now I consider that the best spent vote I’ve ever cast. And I really don’t give a sh*t what anyone, @goatprairie, thinks of me for it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 05:42:37 pm by skeeter »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2021, 05:40:23 pm »
When half the GOP turned against a good solid conservative in my state, I have done the same to them. They no longer care to defend the constitution, just play games with our freedoms for the own sake.

When the people of ANY state allow the GOPe to tell them who they can elect to represent them they should not be surprised at the result.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2021, 05:57:07 pm »
In 2016 I hated trump for all the reasons you repeat ad nauseum. I went for Cruz.

But trump earned my vote. Now I consider that the best spent vote I’ve ever cast. And I really don’t give a sh*t what anyone, @goatprairie, thinks of me for it.

I voted for him twice, but when he's full of it, he's full of it. The Trump presidency has mostly moved on (although we'll see about this Parnell challenge if it has legs), time for supporters to do the same.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2021, 05:58:20 pm »
I voted for him twice, but when he's full of it, he's full of it. The Trump presidency has mostly moved on (although we'll see about this Parnell challenge if it has legs), time for supporters to do the same.
Gosh I think I’ll just make up my own mind. But seriously thanks for the advise.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2021, 06:03:33 pm »

Outside of DeSantis, who else should we move on to?  We sure as hell aren't going to go to Jeb or Romney, or any other losers.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2021, 06:51:10 pm »
An emphatic demurral.
Many rightly express anger and frustration at the Republican party, which they assert, has abandoned it's core Principles.
In fact modern politics is devoid of any/all principle, having embraced material betterment as its core objective. All parties!!!
The GOP is some 150 years old having emerged as the errand boy for the northern Mercantile Class, then post Civil War the Industrial Class, while earning the label, "the party of big business".
Many yearn for a dynamic change in culture/society, enabling us to return to the values and virtues of our Founders; a most worthy aspiration.
However expecting this to be driven by a change in political parties is a Fools Errand.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 07:40:28 pm by Absalom »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2021, 06:59:50 pm »
An emphatic demurral.
Many rightly express anger and frustration at the Republican party, which they assert, has abandoned it's core Principles.
In fact modern politics is devoid of any/all principle, having embraced material betterment as its core objective. All parties!!!
The GOP is some 150 years old having emerged as the errand boy for the northern Mercantile Class then post Civil War the Industrial Class, while earning the label, "the party of big business".
Many yearn for a dynamic change in culture/society, enabling us to return to the values and virtues of our Founders; a most worthy aspiration.
However expecting this to be driven by a change in political parties is a Fools Errand.

That's two! (times you've said something that I absolutely agree with in its entirety.)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2021, 07:15:50 pm »

I guarantee you I don't spend much time, if any, thinking about the people on this forum. But I have no reason to believe that you're not a sincere conservative interested in the welfare of the country.
I don't think the same thing about Trump who more and more reveals that the only thing he's interested in is himself.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2021, 07:36:57 pm »
That's two! (times you've said something that I absolutely agree with in its entirety.)
--------------------
Bigun, be well in 2021!!!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2021, 08:27:40 pm »
I guarantee you I don't spend much time, if any, thinking about the people on this forum. But I have no reason to believe that you're not a sincere conservative interested in the welfare of the country.
I don't think the same thing about Trump who more and more reveals that the only thing he's interested in is himself.
The difference between you and I, @goatprairie, is I was able to see past my personal dislike of the man because I believe what he was doing was good for the country. So be it.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2021, 10:49:13 pm »
The difference between you and I, @goatprairie, is I was able to see past my personal dislike of the man because I believe what he was doing was good for the country. So be it.
I voted for the jerk!!! Twice. How many times do I have to repeat that. I despise Biden  and all what current Dems stand for.
But what do you think about Trump now? Is what he caused today any different from your average dangerous demagogue who whips up a crowd over a fake issue i.e. election fraud, and gets scores of people hurt and somebody possibly shot and killed?
He ought to be dragged out of the WH on his head for this and prosecuted.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 10:51:11 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2021, 01:45:57 am »
I voted for the jerk!!! Twice. How many times do I have to repeat that. I despise Biden  and all what current Dems stand for.
But what do you think about Trump now? Is what he caused today any different from your average dangerous demagogue who whips up a crowd over a fake issue i.e. election fraud, and gets scores of people hurt and somebody possibly shot and killed?

Ditto. Voted for him twice.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2021, 02:09:57 am »
I couldn’t disagree more with your characterization of what happened today, and I’m tired of discussing the subject with you.