Author Topic: What Does Trumpism Without Trump Even Mean?  (Read 262 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What Does Trumpism Without Trump Even Mean?
« on: November 29, 2020, 03:27:37 pm »
What Does Trumpism Without Trump Even Mean?
America does not produce many great men anymore, but Trump is a great man.
By Matthew Boose
November 28, 2020

Although Donald Trump has not conceded defeat, pundits and Republican politicians are already debating the man’s legacy as though he were part of the past.

A recurring theme is that of “Trumpism without Trump.” If we’re being honest, this is a bit of an extravagant and presumptuous notion. Without Trump? We are talking about Donald Trump, yes?

As far as I can tell, Trump is not a philosopher. He has never written a treatise or a manifesto. The “America First” platform is valuable, and one certainly hopes that it leaves a mark, but unless I am mistaken, Trump supporters do not love the man chiefly for his ideas.

Perhaps the most well-known advocate of “Trumpism without Trump” is Ann Coulter, known for her doctrinaire criticism of Trump’s putative failures to deliver on the “America First” agenda. But others, who cannot be considered hardcore nationalists, have latched onto the concept as well.

That is not much of a surprise, given the abundance of pseudo-Trumpists in that part of the conservative punditocracy that prizes respectability above all. For these, Trump was useful as a muse for waxing about some generic form of “populism” but not much more than that. They’ll be glad to be rid of him.

But can’t we first recognize what an extraordinary person Trump is, before we discard the man for an abstraction?

There’s a reason that Trump commands a fierce devotion that the losers in his party, people like Marco Rubio and Ben Sasse, could never hope to obtain. He is an historic phenomenon, a singular personality the likes of which we have never seen, and are unlikely to see recur, in our lifetimes.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/11/28/what-does-trumpism-without-trump-even-mean/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: What Does Trumpism Without Trump Even Mean?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 04:35:11 pm »
Trump is unique.  And Trump played it right in 2016.  But in 2020, he did not do what made him successful in 2016.

4 -5 months into the Trump presidency, when he sat down with the tech billionaire oligarchs, and he emerged increasing the H1-b Visa Program, I knew he would not win in 2020.  From that moment on, I sent the White House 2-3 emails every week condemning his flip flop betrayal of the American white collar worker, telling him roughly 2 million people that voted for you in 2016 will largely not vote for you in 2020.

The end of the H1-b Visa Program was the ONLY promise I know of that he said he would do DAY ONE.  He did not do it DAY ONE, and he flip flopped in support of the tech billionaires, all who worked feverishly to remove him from office.  What a hoot!

Fact is, Trump is done.  He is a lame duck of grand proportion, for he never got Congress to work with him on anything but tax cuts.  Everything else he did via EOs.  The fix is in to remove him from office.  The people that actually control the world have had enough.

Trump is done, and I suspect he will not be back for another go.  Imagine the fraud of this election, what do you think it will be like in 2024?  Better or worse?  I say much worse.  We are now no different than Russia, where Putin fixes every election.  Get used to it folks, for it will be the way of life.

Unless we rise up, French Revolution style and dispatch everyone involved with globalism, we are done.  And I do not see it happening!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 04:37:17 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline Absalom

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 06:52:49 am »
Trump is unique.  And Trump played it right in 2016.  But in 2020, he did not do what made him successful in 2016.
4 -5 months into the Trump presidency, when he sat down with the tech billionaire oligarchs, and he emerged increasing the H1-b Visa Program, I knew he would not win in 2020.  From that moment on, I sent the White House 2-3 emails every week condemning his flip flop betrayal of the American white collar worker, telling him roughly 2 million people that voted for you in 2016 will largely not vote for you in 2020.
The end of the H1-b Visa Program was the ONLY promise I know of that he said he would do DAY ONE.  He did not do it DAY ONE, and he flip flopped in support of the tech billionaires, all who worked feverishly to remove him from office.  What a hoot!
Fact is, Trump is done.  He is a lame duck of grand proportion, for he never got Congress to work with him on anything but tax cuts.  Everything else he did via EOs.  The fix is in to remove him from office.  The people that actually control the world have had enough.
Trump is done, and I suspect he will not be back for another go.  Imagine the fraud of this election, what do you think it will be like in 2024?  Better or worse?  I say much worse.  We are now no different than Russia, where Putin fixes every election.  Get used to it folks, for it will be the way of life.
Unless we rise up, French Revolution style and dispatch everyone involved with globalism, we are done.  And I do not see it happening!
--------------------------
Wise Man which Trump never was, not for a day!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 04:02:51 pm »
--------------------------
Wise Man which Trump never was, not for a day!

I have an inspirational quote for you this morning, @Absalom:

"It takes one to know one."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 04:04:20 pm »
I defer to the expert on "Ice Cream Sundaes without the ice cream":  @Jazzhead
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: