Author Topic: Darrell Issa to return to Congress after victory in California's 50th Congressional District  (Read 252 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Darrell Issa to return to Congress after victory in California's 50th Congressional District
by Kerry Picket, Senior Campaign Reporter
 | November 07, 2020 09:31 PM
 | Updated Nov 07, 2020, 10:59 PM

The voters of California’s 50th Congressional District stamped former California Rep. Darrell Issa’s return ticket to Capitol Hill after he defeated Democrat Ammar Campa-Najjar.

The Associated Press and others made the projection on Saturday evening with Issa getting 53.7% with 168,220 votes and his opponent getting 46.3% with 144,975 votes.

Issa previously declared victory in a statement posted to social media Friday night saying:

“Whether you supported me in this election or not, I will work tirelessly in Congress for all who call the 50th District their home, for The State of California which I love so much, and for our great country,” Issa wrote. He thanked Campa-Najjar “for a spirited campaign."

On Saturday, Campa-Najjar told the Associated Press he still believed he could pull out a win.

“There’s always a chance. There are still outstanding votes to be counted,” said Campa-Najjar, a 31-year-old former Obama administration official. He added: “I’ll respect the final outcome. We just don’t have the final outcome yet.”

Issa, 67, previously served in the House representing the state’s 49th Congressional District (after the 48th District was renumbered in 2003) from 2001 to 2019. His previous district encompassed the counties of Orange and San Diego. Issa announced in early 2018 he was not seeking reelection.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/darrell-issa-to-return-to-congress-after-victory-in-californias-50th-congressional-district
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Must be nice, occasionally being represented by someone whose views aren't almost diametrically opposite to one's own. I had a "choice" between two Ds so awful that there was no "lesser of two evils".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Night Hides Not

As if I needed another reason to turn off Fox, Issa was a fixture when he was a congress critter, talked a lot, but said nothing of value.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
As if I needed another reason to turn off Fox, Issa was a fixture when he was a congress critter, talked a lot, but said nothing of value.

I wasn't as concerned that he said nothing of value, I was more concerned his rhetoric didn't align with his actions, which were abysmal.  Hopefully he does better this time.  If he spends a lot of time on FNC, I won't be seeing it anyway since I gave them the boot from my TeeVee.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: