Author Topic: Republicans fear a Senate wipeout  (Read 551 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans fear a Senate wipeout
« on: October 11, 2020, 01:27:39 pm »
Republicans fear a Senate wipeout
by W. James Antle III, Politics Editor |
 | October 11, 2020 06:30 AM

President Trump’s slide in the polls since he tested positive for the coronavirus has Republicans newly worried about their control of the Senate, as even some races in what are supposed to be safe red states are beginning to appear competitive.

Incumbent GOP Sens. Martha McSally of Arizona, Susan Collins of Maine, Cory Gardner of Colorado, Thom Tillis of North Carolina, Joni Ernst of Iowa, and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina are all considered vulnerable. If Joe Biden wins the presidency, only three of those seats would need to flip for Democrats to capture the Senate, factoring in what would then be Kamala Harris’s tie-breaking vote as vice president.

Democrats are hopeful they can expand the map where they are playing offense to include several historically red states. Among their targets are Georgia, where they seek to topple Sen. David Perdue, and where some Republicans now believe Trump is trailing; Montana, where popular Democratic Gov. Steve Bullock is challenging Republican Sen. Steve Daines; Kansas, where Democrat Barbara Bollier led Republican Roger Marshall in a new poll; and Alaska, where liberal money is pouring in as part of an effort to oust GOP Sen. Dan Sullivan.

This follows a wave of discouraging public poll numbers for Trump, still reeling from a coronavirus diagnosis that led to a brief hospitalization and a widely panned first debate performance. In eight of the last nine national polls included in the RealClearPolitics average, Biden breaks 50% of the vote, while Trump gets no more than 43%.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/republicans-fear-a-senate-wipeout
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Republicans fear a Senate wipeout
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 05:22:51 pm »
Incumbent GOP Sens. Martha McSally of Arizona, Susan Collins of Maine, Cory Gardner of Colorado, Thom Tillis of North Carolina, Joni Ernst of Iowa, and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina are all considered vulnerable. If Joe Biden wins the presidency, only three of those seats would need to flip for Democrats to capture the Senate, factoring in what would then be Kamala Harris’s tie-breaking vote as vice president.

A great reason to be sure Trump wins!

I don't think the Pubs are going to lose the Presidency or Senate and maybe they will pick up the House. People are fed up with the liberal loons running around with their hair on fire and the "Karens" lecturing us on how to live from their gated communities in the suburbs.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 05:28:16 pm »

A great reason to be sure Trump wins!

I don't think the Pubs are going to lose the Presidency or Senate and maybe they will pick up the House. People are fed up with the liberal loons running around with their hair on fire and the "Karens" lecturing us on how to live from their gated communities in the suburbs.

I truly wish I had your optimism; never under estimate the underhandedness of the leftists. 

Yes people are fed up but I believe there are just as many liberal loonies if not more who believe the DEMS b.s.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 05:45:54 pm »
I truly wish I had your optimism; never under estimate the underhandedness of the leftists. 

Yes people are fed up but I believe there are just as many liberal loonies if not more who believe the DEMS b.s.

I don't underestimate the leftists. They are lunatics, but I don't believe there are as many of them as we are led to believe.

The leftists control the Rat party because leftism/collectivism is their religion. I believe easily half of the fools who automatically vote for the Rats used to think these leftists are just useful idiots and if the Rat party is in control they won't have to listen to them. All that has changed because of Trump. One of the great benefits of Trump being such a forceful personality is he has gotten the Rats to reveal what they really want to do.  Sane Rat voters have to be terrified of what the Rats want to do if they get power.

Who other than the most extreme want to destroy our system of govt? They are not a majority of this country. I think the shy Trump voter exists and a good number of them are Rats.

The other reason I'm upbeat is because I don't want to live in fear and don't want to make fearful decisions.

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 05:51:31 pm »
The poll that matters is next month.

The rest is noise.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 06:13:16 pm »

It's the media really, it continues the covid drumbeat of fear. They want people afraid and it's working.

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 06:48:00 pm »
It's the media really, it continues the covid drumbeat of fear. They want people afraid and it's working.

I regularly ask people are you getting fed up with this mask nonsense. The overwhelming response is yes. I usually respond by saying I sure hope Trump wins.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 08:31:28 pm »
More than anything, it is always the money stupid.  That old expression is solid as granite.

I think the COVID-19 is the noise.  Fact is, the forecast in the USA was 2.2 million dead.  We have 210,000 dead.  I consider that a huge success.

As of June 2 this year, the mortality rate was 5.8% in the USA.  As of October 8th, the mortality rate was 2.8%.  The mortality rate from June 3rd to October 8th was 1.8%.  What does that spell?  Well, that spells another huge success.  We are winning against this virus.  Even if we have a 2nd wave, it will not hit us like it did during the first few months because we are better prepared. 

It reminds me of WWII.  When Japan hit us, we were on our knees.  One year later we were on the march to turn around the war.  In 3.5 years, the Allies fully defeated the Axis.  We accomplished what many thought the impossible at the start of the war.  Again, American ingenuity, courage, and determination are crushing this virus.  By the time a vaccine does emerge, I believe we will have largely defeated the virus.

Trump needs to start talking about the lives that were saved.  It is a victory.  Back to WWII, it is like the impact of the nuclear bombs dropped on Japan.  It was commonly said 1 million casualties would happen with an invasion of Japan.  We know we saved a huge number of lives.  Same is true today.  Had Clinton been POTUS, I am 100% certain 200,000 people would have died before she paid any attention, and then 2 million would have died as a result of grossly overrun hospitals, etc. in a matter of no time.

The Dems are completely deficient in anything resembling leadership, and this pandemic took strong leadership.   Trump/Pence brought that to the table big time.

The time has come for the Republican senators to tell this story of great accomplishment, rather than hiding like Biden.  Stand tall, stand with our two great leaders.  Otherwise, maybe they will get cut off at the legs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 09:19:34 pm »
Incumbent GOP Sens. Martha McSally of Arizona, Susan Collins of Maine, Cory Gardner of Colorado, Thom Tillis of North Carolina, Joni Ernst of Iowa, and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina are all considered vulnerable.

@mystery-ak

The loss of Susan Collins might be a bonus,not a negative. She was,at best,wishy-washy,and as long as she was in office there was nobody going to run against her.

As for Lady Lindsey,his seat is in danger due to illegal immigrants,not because he is weak with his base. And "Yes,I don't want to shock anyone,but illegal aliens vote,and vote often."

Same reason Ted Cruz is in trouble in Texas. Illegal aliens and lefties leaving leftie cities because of all the violence,high taxes,and crime moving away to new territory to destroy that,too.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 09:41:27 pm »
@mystery-ak

The loss of Susan Collins might be a bonus,not a negative. She was,at best,wishy-washy,and as long as she was in office there was nobody going to run against her.

As for Lady Lindsey,his seat is in danger due to illegal immigrants,not because he is weak with his base. And "Yes,I don't want to shock anyone,but illegal aliens vote,and vote often."

Same reason Ted Cruz is in trouble in Texas. Illegal aliens and lefties leaving leftie cities because of all the violence,high taxes,and crime moving away to new territory to destroy that,too.

Cruz is not up for re-election until 2024 -- but he no doubt struggled against Beto -- demographics changing in TX and has been for quite sometime.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 09:49:24 pm »
by W. James Antle III,

NEVER trust anyone with Roman Numerals behind his or her name.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 09:51:38 pm »

More than anything, it is always the money stupid.  That old expression is solid as granite.

I think the COVID-19 is the noise.  Fact is, the forecast in the USA was 2.2 million dead.  We have 210,000 dead.  I consider that a huge success.

As of June 2 this year, the mortality rate was 5.8% in the USA.

@jafo2010

EXCELLENT post!

Thank you!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 09:55:56 pm »
Cruz is not up for re-election until 2024 -- but he no doubt struggled against Beto -- demographics changing in TX and has been for quite sometime.

@libertybele

Maybe,maybe not. If Trump is re-elected the new border wall will be finished or close to finished,and illegals will be deported as soon as they are caught.

That should not only slow down the takeover of Texas and a couple of other states by illegals voting for "free stuff",but reverse the trend due to deportations.

One thing is "carved in stone true",and that is if Trump is NOT re-elected,Texas will be a lost cause in just a few years due to floods of illegals coming in from every nation south of our border.

Hell,the whole damn southwest might disappear as a part of America in a decade or two,and join with Mexico.

Who is going to stop them in a world without border patrols because it is suddenly a world without borders?

Can you sing it with me?

"We iz da wurld.......
We iz da peep-pulls......."

Onward to a better wurld Comrades!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 10:01:37 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2020, 10:18:01 pm »
bilo wrote:
"Who other than the most extreme want to destroy our system of govt? They are not a majority of this country..."

Ahem.
Which party won the popular vote in 2016? (and in 2000, for that matter)

Better be careful about who is in "the majority"... and who is not.
The sands seem to be a-shiftin' under our feet.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2020, 01:28:16 am »

Which party won the popular vote in 2016? (and in 2000, for that matter)

Better be careful about who is in "the majority"... and who is not.
The sands seem to be a-shiftin' under our feet.

:shrug: I dont' think they got to 50% either time did they? I don't get how this trash gets over 25% but that's besides the point.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2020, 03:02:14 am »
It reminds me of WWII.  When Japan hit us, we were on our knees.
----------------------------
On our knees????????? Utter nonsense!
Japan bombed Pearl Harbor in Dec, 1941 which is 2,500 miles from our west coast.
We bombed Tokyo (Doolittle's Raid) in April, 1942, 4 months later, setting it afire.
Japan never came close to threatening the USA.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2020, 10:56:53 am »
The poll that matters is next month.

The rest is noise.

:thumbsup:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️