Author Topic: Trump campaign defends lack of COVID-19 precautions before president's diagnosis  (Read 335 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Trump campaign defends lack of COVID-19 precautions before president's diagnosis
By Zack Budryk - 10/04/20 01:14 PM EDT

Two Trump campaign advisers defended the approach to the coronavirus Sunday and once again took an opportunity to mock his Democratic rivals use of a mask even after the president was diagnosed with the virus last week.

Despite the president’s positive test, campaign adviser Jason Miller mocked Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s use of masks on the campaign trail, echoing the president himself during the Tuesday presidential debates.

"I think too often he’s used the mask as a prop,” Miller said on ABC's “This Week.” “A mask is very important, but even if he's -- he could be 20, 30 feet away from the nearest person and still have the mask on. That's not going to change anything that's out there.”

Biden has tested negative for the virus in days since he appeared on stage with Trump during a presidential debate on Tuesday.

In an appearance later on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Miller said he had “no concerns at all” about Vice President Pence, who has tested negative, continuing to campaign.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/519538-trump-campaign-defends-lack-of-covid-19-precautions-before
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RedHead

So once Trump is out of the hospital and back on the campaign trail then what?  If he starts using masks, if the rallies enforce social distancing, then isn't that admitting he was wrong before and won' t the Democrats make hay out of that?  If he drops the rallies or makes them virtual then isn't he admitting the same thing? 

Offline skeeter

So once Trump is out of the hospital and back on the campaign trail then what?  If he starts using masks, if the rallies enforce social distancing, then isn't that admitting he was wrong before and won' t the Democrats make hay out of that?  If he drops the rallies or makes them virtual then isn't he admitting the same thing?

How about continuing to hold rallies with the warning that those in high risk categories should not attend such mass gatherings? Or is that too much like individual freedom and responsibility?

Offline RedHead

How about continuing to hold rallies with the warning that those in high risk categories should not attend such mass gatherings? Or is that too much like individual freedom and responsibility?

If I recall correctly they're already doing that.  For rallies where people had to request tickets they had to sign a waiver stating they wouldn't hold the campaign responsible if they contract COVID.

So you're predicting no change in the rallies?  That would be my expectation as well.  The media will criticize him regardless so it's best not to give them more ammunition by changing your position on masks and social distancing.

Offline HuskyPatriot

It will all get muddled also because of the some medical reports that say that if you've had COVID you may not get it again!  So the President may feel "free and clear" and not wear a mask.  If his symptoms were not very aggressive he'll say, "see, it wasn't so bad."   Either way, he'll get the usual bad press.  And they're making a big thing about aggressive treatment, because it wouldn't be aggressive unless he was a death's door.  But he's the President and he would necessary get the most aggressive treatment available no matter the state of the virus.  And now they're complaining because he visited the outside of the hospital in an SUV, wearing a mask.  Secret service were at dire risk in the car.  But he was wearing a mask!   I give up!!!!!  (Sorry for the stream of thought, I needed to vent!)

But I think that the President did take a bit of a gamble and lost.  I hope he does fully recover.  Some say this will humble him.  Don't bet on it!!!!!  He'll come out swinging as usual....