Author Topic: McConnell moves to delay Senate return after 3 lawmakers test positive for COVID-19  (Read 954 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell moves to delay Senate return after 3 lawmakers test positive for COVID-19
By Tal Axelrod - 10/03/20 01:10 PM EDT

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) will move to delay the Senate’s return for two weeks after three lawmakers tested positive for COVID-19.

McConnell said the Senate will not return until Oct. 19 and will only meet in pro forma sessions for the next two weeks, allowing a smaller number of lawmakers to be on Capitol Hill. Previously-scheduled floor activity will take place after Oct. 19.

McConnell said in a statement he “[intends] to obtain a consent agreement” to have the chamber go on hiatus until Oct. 19, meaning Democrats can object to the move.

A spokesperson for Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill.

The Senate was in session last week and had been scheduled to return this coming Monday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/519479-mcconnell-delays-senate-return-after-3-lawmakers-test-positive-for-covid-19
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham confirmed in a separate statement that the hearings will not be delayed.

Baloney!

That's great..now the confirmation hearings will be postponed.

Okay the plot thickens..I am almost convinced this was a premeditated attack on the POTUS and Judicairy Senators
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 05:35:22 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Two words: recess appointment.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline RedHead

Is McConnell really trying to make sure Trump is not elected and he is no longer Majority Leader?  Because it sure seems like those are his goals. 

Offline LottieDah

It is amazing to me that lawmakers and people in Trump's circle have tested positive for Covid-19 and that I have not heard of one single protestor or looter becoming ill.  That is a real head scratcher.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Baloney!

That's great..now the confirmation hearings will be postponed.

Okay the plot thickens..I am almost convinced this was a premeditated attack on the POTUS and Judicairy Senators

@mystery-ak

You ain't alone. This establishes a precedent,and sure as hell,some other Senators are going to report they are positive when the first 2 weeks ends.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It is amazing to me that lawmakers and people in Trump's circle have tested positive for Covid-19 and that I have not heard of one single protestor or looter becoming ill.  That is a real head scratcher.

@LottieDah

Not to mention anyone *I* know in real life.

I do have some friends who are not Trump supporters who say they know people sick with it,and even know someone that died from it,but they are always "friends that live in different states,and you don't know them."

Funny how that works,ain't it?

Offline RedHead

@LottieDah

Not to mention anyone *I* know in real life.

I do have some friends who are not Trump supporters who say they know people sick with it,and even know someone that died from it,but they are always "friends that live in different states,and you don't know them."

Funny how that works,ain't it?

I know actual people who got COVID and recovered and I know actual people who got COVID and didn't.  This may be a joke to some people but it isn't to me.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Does anyone else realize that if RBG hadn't died, DJT may not have caught COVID?  What a bizzare year.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I believe Mr. McConnell has recessed everything EXCEPT the Barrett confirmation hearings and vote...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I know actual people who got COVID and recovered and I know actual people who got COVID and didn't.  This may be a joke to some people but it isn't to me.

@RedHead

I don't even know anybody that has gotten sick from it.

I do know I am sick OF hearing about it and seeing the fools rush around in a panic like chickens with their heads cut off trying to run away from death.

Just yesterday I saw some damn fool driving in his car alone,with the windows rolled up and wearing his mask.

Anybody that damn afraid of dying doesn't deserve to live.

Offline LottieDah

@sneakypete :  unfortunately I know a few people who died from Covid.  I also know of few people who had a full recovery.  I pray this is over soon and we can get back to normal.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete :  unfortunately I know a few people who died from Covid.  I also know of few people who had a full recovery.  I pray this is over soon and we can get back to normal.

@LottieDah

You have my sympathy. All I can write about as fact are the things *I* know to be factual.

I am 100 percent positive there must be SOME people who honestly died from the Chinese Flu,but I am also positive it is a minuscule number. The last outrageous case I recall happened a couple of days ago,when a guy was killed in a motorcycle accident,and the death notice SAYS he was killed in a motorcycle accident,yet said his death was Covid-19 related.

What the HELL did the Chinese Flu have to do with a motorcycle wreck?

A couple of weeks ago I read the obits of TWO WW-2 vets that were 93 years old and living in nursing homes,and they were listed as dying from Covid-19.

People die all the time from a variety of causes,but damn few of them are from the Chinese Flu.

Offline dancer

You beat me to it!  That is my thought as well.

Offline RedHead

Then her term as Supreme Court justice would end on January 2, 2021.

Offline RedHead

You beat me to it!  That is my thought as well.
Recess appointments expire at the end of the current Congress.  Barrett would be off the court on January 2nd and would have to go through the confirmation process again.