Author Topic: Republican Tuberville Headed for Big Win in Alabama Senate Race  (Read 3061 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Republican Tuberville Headed for Big Win in Alabama Senate Race
« on: October 01, 2020, 11:47:06 pm »
Republican Tuberville Headed for Big Win in Alabama Senate Race

https://www.newsmax.com/john-gizzi/tuberville-senate-alabama-jones/2020/10/01/id/989799/

Barely a month before Alabamians go to the polls, all signs point to Republican Tommy Tuberville not only unseating Democrat Sen. Doug Jones, but doing so handsomely.

According to a just-completed Morning Consult poll, the former Auburn University football coach leads Jones by 52 to 34 percent — Tuberville’s largest margin in any poll since winning the Republican nomination over former Sen. and former U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

“Tommy’s headed for a big win and it will go along nicely with a landslide for President Trump in Alabama,” Perry O. Hooper, Jr., former state legislator and state campaign leader for Trump, told Newsmax.

I'm not a pollcat, but FWIW.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:00:32 am by mystery-ak »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Hoodat

Re: Republican Tuberville Headed for Big Win in Alabama Senate Race
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 12:04:35 am »
Doug Jones could improve his chances by coming out now in support of Amy Barrett.  But then Jones doesn't do what the people of Alabama want.  Like every other Democrat Senator, they do what Chuck Schumer tells them to do.

Jones was a 'no' vote on Kavanaugh.  Expect the same for Barrett.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 12:09:11 am »
Doug Jones could improve his chances by coming out now in support of Amy Barrett.  But then Jones doesn't do what the people of Alabama want.  Like every other Democrat Senator, they do what Chuck Schumer tells them to do.

Jones is probably thinking if he holds out that he'll get a spot in the Biden Administration.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 12:16:05 am »

There is nothing Jones could do that would possibly improve his chances.  He's going to lose by a huge margin,

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 12:26:12 am »
While I don't take much stock in polls, when you're nearly 20 points down, most likely you're going to get smoked election day.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 05:36:23 pm »
Jones's being elected in the first place was a fluke created by their successful destruction of Roy Moore, and nothing more.  I'll bet even Schumer knows Jones isn't staying in the Senate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RedHead

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 05:52:15 pm »
Jones's being elected in the first place was a fluke created by their successful destruction of Roy Moore, and nothing more.  I'll bet even Schumer knows Jones isn't staying in the Senate.

Roy Moore didn't need anyone's help in self-destruction but you're right in that the only way Jones would ever have been re-elected would be in a rematch with Moore.  Once that was avoided Jones was officially toast.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 06:11:41 pm »
Roy Moore didn't need anyone's help in self-destruction but you're right in that the only way Jones would ever have been re-elected would be in a rematch with Moore.  Once that was avoided Jones was officially toast.

It's your opinion Moore needed no help, but that's debatable.  What is certain is he had plenty of help from the Rats, to the point of considering it a "dirty trick."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2020, 06:24:06 pm »

100% bull-puckey.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 06:28:08 pm »
Anyone within 100 miles of LA. Knew Jones was a place holder for any  GOP candidate who was not a pervert.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2020, 07:44:06 pm »
It's your opinion Moore needed no help, but that's debatable.  What is certain is he had plenty of help from the Rats, to the point of considering it a "dirty trick."

It's your opinion that Moore was a stand up guy who got framed.  What is undeniable is he got his clock cleaned in an Alabama senate race by a DEMOCRAT!!!  The same Democrat that is trailing by 30 points or somethng.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 07:44:42 pm »
100% bull-puckey.   *****rollingeyes*****

Yes, I'm sure that Senator Moore agrees with you.  Oh wait...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2020, 07:48:42 pm »
It's your opinion that Moore was a stand up guy who got framed.  What is undeniable is he got his clock cleaned in an Alabama senate race by a DEMOCRAT!!!  The same Democrat that is trailing by 30 points or somethng.

You said "It's your opinion that Moore was a stand up guy who got framed."  There are no facts in evidence I think Moore is a stand-up guy, that's you trying to cram words in my mouth.

You fail.
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2020, 11:20:06 pm »
Yes, I'm sure that Senator Moore agrees with you.  Oh wait...

Moore is incidental. The facts agree with me. But there you are, peddling the same ol crap.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2020, 01:15:39 am »
Moore is incidental. The facts agree with me. But there you are, peddling the same ol crap.

Of course they do.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2020, 01:23:45 am »

@RedHead

Agree with both sentences. I though I heard that Moore was thinking of trying again. No thanks
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2020, 04:37:18 am »
And yet another globalist moderate Turtle ass-kissing RINO ascends.

And y'all think that's winning.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2020, 04:58:00 am »

You obviously didn't pay attention to the election. I am beginning to see why you are not very popular around here.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2020, 01:50:16 pm »

That's me you are talking about there @RedHead and I don't think it, I KNOW it. And BTW: Your recollection of events is very democrat like. Rewriting history is does not change the facts.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2020, 02:32:09 pm »
And yet another globalist moderate Turtle ass-kissing RINO ascends.

And y'all think that's winning.  *****rollingeyes*****

@roamer_1

It is laughable to see someone willing to let Biden be our next President because he hates Trump's "style" make such an absurd statement.

Have you been rehearsing the little "superiority dance" you plan on doing if Trump loses?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 02:33:46 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2020, 02:38:55 pm »
@roamer_1

It is laughable to see someone willing to let Biden be our next President because he hates Trump's "style" make such an absurd statement.

Have you been rehearsing the little "superiority dance" you plan on doing if Trump loses?

@sneakypete

Six of one, half dozen of the other... So no dances one way or the other. I told you I have no dog in this hunt.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2020, 02:41:57 pm »
@sneakypete

Six of one, half dozen of the other... So no dances one way or the other. I told you I have no dog in this hunt.

Yeah, because voting for president is all about you.  **nononono*

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2020, 02:44:21 pm »
Yeah, because voting for president is all about you.  **nononono*

That inane a remark is beneath you @aligncare

It's about Conservatism. It's always ONLY been about Conservatism.
You want my vote, pick a Conservative next time.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2020, 02:50:36 pm »
That inane a remark is beneath you @aligncare

It's about Conservatism. It's always ONLY been about Conservatism.
You want my vote, pick a Conservative next time.

You’re in the minority. Most republicans—the only home for conservatives at this time—is solidly in support of Trump. That means that according to most religious, cultural, fiscal, defense and fair trade conservatives support the republicans’ conservative candidate, Trump.

I know, I know. You’re just a special conservative.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2020, 02:58:28 pm »
@roamer_1

It is laughable to see someone willing to let Biden be our next President  .  .  .

Anyone who supports open and free elections is willing to let the winner of said election become president.  As for the reason, I would assume it has more to do with the expansion of government and skyrocketing debt than it does with Trump's style.

As one who has crossed over, I still have respect for anyone who applies reason and critical thought to their decision.   And I can guarantee that @roamer_1 has done so.

A vote for 'Neither' is exactly that.  It should never be construed as a vote for Biden.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-