Author Topic: RNC, Trump campaign push back on changing debate rules  (Read 253 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RNC, Trump campaign push back on changing debate rules
« on: October 01, 2020, 04:52:41 pm »
RNC, Trump campaign push back on changing debate rules
By Morgan Chalfant - 10/01/20 10:33 AM EDT

The Republican National Committee and Trump campaign are signaling they will oppose changes to the presidential debate structure after the nonpartisan commission that manages the events said it is exploring potential adjustments following the chaotic contest in Cleveland.

Appearing on Fox News, Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel said that the commission should not make any adjustments without the support of both campaigns and that the rules should not be changed “in the middle of the campaign,” after both sides agreed to specific parameters.

McDaniel also suggested that the Commission on Presidential Debates was pursuing changes in order to assist Democratic nominee Joe Biden, arguing that the former vice president “got away” without answering tough questions at the first debate.

“I hope the Committee on Presidential Debates does not change the rules to once again protect Joe Biden from answering to the American people,” McDaniel said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/519111-rnc-trump-campaign-push-back-on-push-to-change-debate-rules
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RedHead

Re: RNC, Trump campaign push back on changing debate rules
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 05:14:32 pm »
Looks like the Trump campaign is setting up for refusing to participate in future debates.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 05:41:53 pm »
Looks like the Trump campaign is setting up for refusing to participate in future debates.

Which maybe he should.  The Rats love to alter rules as they're going along, like with the voting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RedHead

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 06:07:09 pm »
Which maybe he should.  The Rats love to alter rules as they're going along, like with the voting.
Considering the moderators then Trump isn't going to get any better treatment than Wallace gave him.  I don't see any benefit for Trump in participating.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 07:25:37 pm »
Considering the moderators then Trump isn't going to get any better treatment than Wallace gave him.  I don't see any benefit for Trump in participating.

Imagine if a less-rotten Moderator had the power to cut off the mics.  I'd refuse.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: