Author Topic: Trump didn't pay income tax for 10 of 15 years before 2016 election: NYT  (Read 4816 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Trump didn't pay income tax for 10 of 15 years before 2016 election: NYT
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2020, 11:53:56 am »
My single fear is that he will go into full attack mode and look like he is beating up on a tired old man, garnering a lot of sympathy for slo Joe.

If that's what happens, then we are well and truly f'd as a country.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2020, 11:53:59 am »
I'm lighting a candle in front of my Infant of Prague praying that Slo-Joe loses his composure and drools....or sh*ts his pants or something.    :smokin:

Then Plan B had better be good.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2020, 11:59:00 am »
If he goes after Biden personally or after Hunter Biden then it will be at the expense of not answering the question before him.  That's not going to play well.

But, but, but.....Chris Wallace promised to stay "invisible".  President Trump is going to destroy him tonight.

Predict that Biden will snap off his microphone speaker wire and storm off the stage, refusing to talk about Hunter and the Ukraine....aka  Giuseppe Materasso e le sette cimici.

@aligncare   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2020, 12:03:04 pm »
But, but, but.....Chris Wallace promised to stay "invisible".  President Trump is going to destroy him tonight.

Predict that Biden will snap off his microphone speaker wire and storm off the stage, refusing to talk about Hunter and the Ukraine....aka  Giuseppe Materasso e le sette cimici.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2020, 12:30:07 pm »
 :bkmk:

What time is the debate tonight? 8 or 9 pm EST?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 12:31:14 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2020, 12:43:33 pm »
New York Times’ Trump Tax Return ‘Bombshell’ Is A Joke
If this is the big pre-debate 'gotcha' that the Democrats and their allies in Big Media had in mind, it’s a bit of a flop.
By Ryan Ellis
September 28, 2020

The New York Times published an article Sunday evening analyzing several years of tax returns filed by President Donald Trump. This illegal leak of the president’s tax returns revealed nothing we didn’t already know about the Trump business hydra: It is complicated, has a lot of expenses that generate tax deductions, and hires very smart tax advisers to make the whole thing work with as low a legal tax liability as possible. If that sounds familiar, it’s because the Democrats also tried this line of attack against Trump in the 2016 debates. ...

Not surprisingly, a business empire run this way robs a lot of profitable Peters to pay a lot of unprofitable Pauls. The New York Times article throws around terms that sound tricky or scary to normal people, but to tax professionals are part of any business tax return — depreciation, amortization, business bad debt, net operating losses, passive losses, historic rehabilitation credits, consulting fees, and the like. The bottom line is that the Trump business empire is basically a closed circuit — profits from business A are used to prop up business B and acquire business C. That creates a lot of deductions that offset the profit, which in turn means that in some years, very little tax is owed.

Does that make Trump a tax cheat? Not by itself, certainly. The IRS or other tax authorities are of course free to challenge the legality of this capital loss or that consulting expense, but that’s a matter of analyzing facts and circumstances case by case. There’s nothing wrong with taking these deductions in and of themselves.  ... More at the Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2020, 12:47:39 pm »

It's ok if Trump is a "Jerk" tonight,  better a Jerk than being Weak, like Biden is.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2020, 01:45:23 pm »

Hope so.  But the bar for Biden has been set so low..

I doubt that a question concerning Hunter Biden will come up.  If Trump raises it, and we know he'll try, then Biden will be prepped on how to deflect it and try to turn it against Trump.  That's my prediction

Offline RedHead

« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2020, 01:49:20 pm »
:bkmk:

What time is the debate tonight? 8 or 9 pm EST?

Thanks in advance.

8 Central, 9 Eastern.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2020, 01:53:00 pm »

I doubt that a question concerning Hunter Biden will come up.  If Trump raises it, and we know he'll try, then Biden will be prepped on how to deflect it and try to turn it against Trump.  That's my prediction

If Biden so much as utters the word Russia it will come up. All Trump will have to do is mention Hunter's 3.5 million from the wife of Moscow's mayor. I don't see Biden making a clever repartee to that. More likely he'll challenge the president to a fistfight. Or pushup contest.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2020, 02:01:15 pm »
People are misreading the New York Times’ article about Trump’s taxes

excerpt:

The problem with this whole $750 mantra is that Trump is correct and everyone shouting $750 is wrong. Trump didn’t pay only $750 in taxes in 2016 and 2017. He paid $750 in addition to the millions in taxes he paid during those years.

Twitterer Alexandriabrown realized that, although the Times’s article is rather obliquely written, it entirely supports Trump’s defense against the charge that he paid less in taxes than a teacher, a firefighter, or a nurse. She also caught that the Times unforgivably peered into the personal financial information of all of Trump’s employees, which is an entirely new level of bad conduct:

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/09/people_are_misreading_the_new_york_times_article_about_trumps_taxes.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2020, 02:41:40 pm »
People are misreading the New York Times’ article about Trump’s taxes

excerpt:

The problem with this whole $750 mantra is that Trump is correct and everyone shouting $750 is wrong. Trump didn’t pay only $750 in taxes in 2016 and 2017. He paid $750 in addition to the millions in taxes he paid during those years.

Twitterer Alexandriabrown realized that, although the Times’s article is rather obliquely written, it entirely supports Trump’s defense against the charge that he paid less in taxes than a teacher, a firefighter, or a nurse. She also caught that the Times unforgivably peered into the personal financial information of all of Trump’s employees, which is an entirely new level of bad conduct:

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/09/people_are_misreading_the_new_york_times_article_about_trumps_taxes.html

Actually, he paid taxes in advance....essentially providing the government $$$...interest-free.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RedHead

« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2020, 04:02:55 pm »
If Biden so much as utters the word Russia it will come up. All Trump will have to do is mention Hunter's 3.5 million from the wife of Moscow's mayor. I don't see Biden making a clever repartee to that. More likely he'll challenge the president to a fistfight. Or pushup contest.
And if Biden doesn't mention Russia?  He may not just walk into the trap you would like to set.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2020, 04:03:37 pm »
Actually, he paid taxes in advance....essentially providing the government $$$...interest-free.   :laugh:

According to the Times story Trump later got that money back from the IRS.  With interest.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #139 on: September 29, 2020, 04:05:01 pm »
Rep. Kevin Brady calls for probe into whether Trump's tax information release was 'illegal'

Brady says there is the 'prospect of a felony crime' in releasing private tax return information

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kevin-brady-trump-tax-release
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline skeeter

« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2020, 04:08:43 pm »
And if Biden doesn't mention Russia?  He may not just walk into the trap you would like to set.
I’m not on the president’s debate prep team, but if it were possible I would take a bet on that.

What has Biden got to talk about for a hour and a half besides Covid? Nasty tweets?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2020, 04:13:42 pm »
I’m not on the president’s debate prep team, but if it were possible I would take a bet on that.

What has Biden got to talk about for a hour and a half besides Covid? Nasty tweets?

I'm concerned that Biden will ask something...."Do you even know the name of the vice-Premier/Chancellor of Germany?  Of YUJERKASTAN??     happy77

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2020, 04:17:41 pm »
I'm concerned that Biden will ask something...."Do you even know the name of the vice-Premier/Chancellor of Germany?  Of YUJERKASTAN??     happy77

Did you listen to Rush yesterday? He predicted that Biden will not answer the question asked by Wallace, instead go on attack each time with prepared attack points.
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2020, 04:18:31 pm »

The best strategy is to simply let Biden be Biden.  If he can't out-debate Sanders, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, and Warren, he certainly isn't going to out-debate Trump.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2020, 04:20:53 pm »
I'm concerned that Biden will ask something...."Do you even know the name of the vice-Premier/Chancellor of Germany?  Of YUJERKASTAN??

Trump:  That's Secretary Pompeo's job.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2020, 04:36:00 pm »

But will it be an hour and a half of debates? I read that team plugs wants a break every 30 minutes, probably so he doesn't have to wear his depends and have tell tale lines showing in his trousers and to keep his meds at an optimum level. If they do get a break every 30 minutes it will be a very bad optic of an old man that is incapable of dealing with anything for an extended period of time.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2020, 05:16:04 pm »

Covid.  Unemployment.  Health Care.  Criticize Trump's record on just about everything.  I don't think Biden will be at a loss for topics.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2020, 05:17:49 pm »
Rep. Kevin Brady calls for probe into whether Trump's tax information release was 'illegal'

Brady says there is the 'prospect of a felony crime' in releasing private tax return information

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kevin-brady-trump-tax-release

Certain something for the DOJ to look into.  It's very possible that a crime was committed somewhere in the release of these records.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2020, 05:18:50 pm »

Make up a name.  Odds are nobody else will know.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2020, 05:20:57 pm »
The best strategy is to simply let Biden be Biden.  If he can't out-debate Sanders, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, and Warren, he certainly isn't going to out-debate Trump.

Who did Trump out-debate?  This is not a format that is friendly to the President.