Author Topic: Female Air Commando at the helm of Special Operations wing  (Read 157 times)

rangerrebew

Female Air Commando at the helm of Special Operations wing
« on: September 26, 2020, 10:32:20 am »
Female Air Commando at the helm of Special Operations wing

Stavros Atlamazoglou | September 21, 2020

Colonel Allison Black, a female Airman, made history earlier in the summer by becoming the vice commander of the 24th Special Operations Wing. She is one of the few female Airmen to command at that level in the history of Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC).

And yet this is not Col. Black’s first. Earlier in her career, she became the first female navigator in an AC-130H Spectre gunship to participate in combat operations. The different variants of the AC-130 are an invaluable asset to ground forces and they provide extremely effective close air support.

“It’s a great honor to serve the Special Tactics community as their vice wing commander,” said Col. Black in a press release. “I’m now a direct part of the machine that I’ve directly supported my entire aviation career from the air. I couldn’t ask for a better teammate than Col. Matt Allen. He’s a dedicated leader and consummate professional who deeply cares about our people. As Col. Allen’s vice, it’s my role to follow his lead and drive the organization toward a successful future.”

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/female-air-commando-at-the-helm-of-special-operations-wing/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Female Air Commando at the helm of Special Operations wing
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 03:35:37 pm »
Good for her!

Flying is one of the few fields I am aware of where women can not only fit in,but excel.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!