Author Topic: Coronavirus mutation emerges that may bypass mask-wearing, hand-washing protections  (Read 371 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This must be the smartest virus ever.  It can defete a mask.  Wahsing your hands will kill every other germ on the planet...but not this bad boy!  It's a killer.  We are all gonna die! :whistle: :whistle:

A new COVID-19 mutation appears to be even more contagious, according to a study — and experts say it could be a response by the virus to defeat masks and other social-distancing efforts.

Scientists in a paper published Wednesday identified a new strain of the virus, which accounted for 99.9 percent of cases during the second wave in the Houston, Texas, area, the Washington Post reported.

The paper, which has not been peer-reviewed, said people with the strain, known as the D614G mutation, had higher loads of virus — suggesting it is more contagious.

Though the strain isn’t more deadly, researchers said it appeared to have adapted better to spread among humans.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-mutation-emerges-that-may-bypass-mask-wearing-hand-washing-protections

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Though the strain isn’t more deadly, researchers said it appeared to have adapted better to spread among humans.

From what I've read, viruses mutate to some degree pretty readily, and tend to become less deadly over time (possibly due to limiting spread by killing sufferers, while less deadly variants spread more widely).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dfwgator

Expect to be bombarded with these kinds of stories until the election.

Offline skeeter

Doesn't matter. The scolds and nanny staters are really enjoying the mandatory mask thing.

I had some goody two shoes scold me for not wearing a mask as I walked, on the sidewalk, past a supermarket automatic door yesterday. She said I needed to be more considerate of people with immunity issues shopping there. She just kept prattling on, even as I walked past saying 'I got it. I got it'. Clearly enjoying herself.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Doesn't matter. The scolds and nanny staters are really enjoying the mandatory mask thing.

I had some goody two shoes scold me for not wearing a mask as I walked, on the sidewalk, past a supermarket automatic door yesterday. She said I needed to be more considerate of people with immunity issues shopping there. She just kept prattling on, even as I walked past saying 'I got it. I got it'. Clearly enjoying herself.

I was in Publix last week and was lipped of to by a lady "Masker" as she passed me in the Beer isle.  I turn to her, looked her in her two beady little crowsfooted eyes and said; " I'm sorry, I don't speak Karen." and walked away.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

I was in Publix last week and was lipped of to by a lady "Masker" as she passed me in the Beer isle.  I turn to her, looked her in her two beady little crowsfooted eyes and said; " I'm sorry, I don't speak Karen." and walked away.
HaHa!
Good on ya!